Platinum currently obtainable

JeManquedHygiene

On 9/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Great news folks, Frontier just confirmed that community goals are BACK, and should stick around for the next 2 years at least. 1f60d.png

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/narrative-additions-and-dev-diary-faq.554346/

This means the platinum is officially back in business !

Awesome, I really want to play this game and finish it , I was wondering that community related trophies how many weeks they takes to get them done ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

It's definitely not too late if you want to get into it, unless you want to scrap your PS4 as soon as the PS5 is out. The game is still bound to get a major DLC at the beginning of next year, and overall it's in a much better state and much more beginner friendly than it was when I got started.

I have this rule about not wasting time on a game with an unobtainable platinum trophy. If I love a game and really enjoy it then I definitely want to finish it. The only time I feel that I have finished a game is when I obtain the platinum trophy. That is not to say that I have never given up on a game. But, that pretty much means I either hated the game and couldn't force myself to finish it or I felt the time and energy needed was not worth the reward. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StressEater said:

I have this rule about not wasting time on a game with an unobtainable platinum trophy. If I love a game and really enjoy it then I definitely want to finish it. The only time I feel that I have finished a game is when I obtain the platinum trophy. That is not to say that I have never given up on a game. But, that pretty much means I either hated the game and couldn't force myself to finish it or I felt the time and energy needed was not worth the reward. 

This^

If a game has unobtainable trophies, then it either goes straight to the bottom of the pile or I cut my loses and get rid of it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StressEater said:

Sure, I'm an hardcore completionist so I have the same rule. But with CGs going back I deem this game to be still safe for a couple of years at least. So that's up to you really.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

Any idea when they will appear again? I didn't see any on log in and can't find any on the forus.

No idea. But there's a new event going on right now (terrorist attack on Imperial stations), which seems to be perfectly tailored for a couple of CGs. So maybe next thursday, although we can never be sure with Frontier.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, Shorah- said:

question: do we need 10 cg with same cmdr or it does count if we had a previous save.

Deleting a previous cmdr seems to erase absolutely everything from the game's servers, so I wouldn't bet on it. My guess is you'll have to start over, unfortunately. I can be wrong, obviously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Sure, I'm an hardcore completionist so I have the same rule. But with CGs going back I deem this game to be still safe for a couple of years at least. So that's up to you really.

Hold on. Are you saying that the Platinum is obtainable? If that is the case then I might move this up towards the top of my list. I might even have to put Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on hold.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Hold on. Are you saying that the Platinum is obtainable? If that is the case then I might move this up towards the top of my list. I might even have to put Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on hold.

Yeah he's saying CG are coming back via dev info. Thats the only trophy preventing a plat. The other mp trophies are a huge grind tho. Glad i got those out of the way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Thank you for the information. I will take a second look at this game.

No problem,  if you like space simulators you'll enjoy it. I've been on and off for years now. I quit when the community goals disappeared. And that trophy itself will take quite a while with time restrictions and overall distance.  

• Like 1

Just now, RoxasOnFire said:

No problem,  if you like space simulators you'll enjoy it. I've been on and off for years now. I quit when the community goals disappeared. And that trophy itself will take quite a while with time restrictions and overall distance.  

I do enjoy space simulator. I really enjoyed Rebel Galaxy and Everspace. I am told it is similar to the two of them. I am not afraid of grinding out trophies for a game if it is fun. Thanks again for the information. I will look into picking it up today. I imagine I can find a deal on it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

my mission board in Deciat states " No Community Goals Available". where did you find the live CG's?

Community Goals end when the highest tier listed has been reached or the time limit ends, whichever comes first.

Wait till Thursday .

Edited by Bullet_KwT
  • Like 1

That's awesome news, I always wanted to play that game! One quick question, how difficult are the multiplayer trophies? I know nobody does pvp and you need to boost, but how bad can it be to win 10 capture the flag games? How come it has a 0.64% rarity? Tbh it doesn't sound too bad, I did Twisted Metal and it was a clusterf.. of glitched trophies and random people interfering. You don't have that in ED so I imagine it should be much, much easier, no? Or is CQC rank of 50 the real hurdle for the platinum? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullet_KwT said:

Community Goals end when the highest tier listed has been reached or the time limit ends, whichever comes first.

Wait till Thursday .

ty for the intel

5 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

That's awesome news, I always wanted to play that game! One quick question, how difficult are the multiplayer trophies? I know nobody does pvp and you need to boost, but how bad can it be to win 10 capture the flag games? How come it has a 0.64% rarity? Tbh it doesn't sound too bad, I did Twisted Metal and it was a clusterf.. of glitched trophies and random people interfering. You don't have that in ED so I imagine it should be much, much easier, no? Or is CQC rank of 50 the real hurdle for the platinum? 

the good news is you can now queue for multiplayer matches from the main game. ive searched 3 times and managed to find matches on one occasion. was team deathmatch. i imagine rank 50 is quite a grind, but the better your skill, the faster the grind

13 hours ago, Shorah- said:

They both ended.

You can track new ones on https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/

ty for the link 

16 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

CQC is nothing special in and of itself, it's a pretty straightforward multiplayer mode. There are three main problems, though :

1) You need to find reliable boosting partners.

2) You need quite a lot of patience to reach level 50.

3) No private matches. Even though the servers are mostly dead, somehow you'll always get some annoying randoms showing up.

The "capture the flag" trophy is one of the rarest because for a long time you needed 6 people to start a match. Now it seems to be only 4 players.

Ty for the replies guys. Got the game and it's pretty fun so far. When will the CG refresh? I couldn't participate in the last ones as it was completed too fast and was waiting for it to expire. Thought it would be automatically replaced by new ones. Now they expired hours ago and there is nothing. Are they not regular? I hope they didn't bring CG back as a one time deal or something. 

Edit: Nevermind, one new CG is up! Still curious if they will be regular or not. 

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot