Super easy method for "You want me to WHAT?" by abusing Pause

Uri

Good to know, might even give it a try if I can bring myself to get through story mode (the necessary deliberate losses are a downer!). A few days ago I started this one up as part of a campaign to get some old online stuff out of the way. After the online was done I thought to just get whatever's quick (which seems to be well over half of it) & this trophy list is a bit on the bizarre side. 

Sure there's that parry trophy that'll make a grown man pause, that one isn't fucking around. Putting that aside most of the list has been about as demanding as those 8-20% anime fighters that can be knocked out in an arvo but the trophies are all ultra rare, & the ones that aren't are related to that story mode which isn't exactly the most enjoyable mode to go through. It's almost inexplicable. 

As an incompletionist I've been quite happy adding so many quick & arguably easy UR's to an admittedly small portfolio. Initially I thought this game was a little bland but after sussing it out a bit more I'm just about having fun so I'll keep working on it 'till I get bored.

2 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

How is the online for this game if you dont mind me askibg?

I self boosted it & didn't have too many issues. Got a few disconnections one of which was in a player match but it's hard to tell if I lost progress because I was exiting out every 10 or 15 matches & it wasn't a lot of matches to do so it got done really fast. If you were more wondering if people still playing it, I saw a few on the monthly leaderboards with exactly 60 ranked wins so I guess the extent of online activity is just the odd trophy hunter boosting once in a while.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Good to know, might even give it a try if I can bring myself to get through story mode (the necessary deliberate losses are a downer!). A few days ago I started this one up as part of a campaign to get some old online stuff out of the way. After the online was done I thought to just get whatever's quick (which seems to be well over half of it) & this trophy list is a bit on the bizarre side. 

Sure there's that parry trophy that'll make a grown man pause, that one isn't fucking around. Putting that aside most of the list has been about as demanding as those 8-20% anime fighters that can be knocked out in an arvo but the trophies are all ultra rare, & the ones that aren't are related to that story mode which isn't exactly the most enjoyable mode to go through. It's almost inexplicable. 

As an incompletionist I've been quite happy adding so many quick & arguably easy UR's to an admittedly small portfolio. Initially I thought this game was a little bland but after sussing it out a bit more I'm just about having fun so I'll keep working on it 'till I get bored.

I self boosted it & didn't have too many issues. Got a few disconnections one of which was in a player match but it's hard to tell if I lost progress because I was exiting out every 10 or 15 matches & it wasn't a lot of matches to do so it got done really fast. If you were more wondering if people still playing it, I saw a few on the monthly leaderboards with exactly 60 ranked wins so I guess the extent of online activity is just the odd trophy hunter boosting once in a while.

I take it you need two ps3s to self boost and two copies of the game? thinking of picking it up myself

25 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I take it you need two ps3s to self boost and two copies of the game? thinking of picking it up myself

Yes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK disc version do not have trophies, unless they were added with patch later.

Only PSN version has the trophies implemented. I remember starting disc version in ~2009 and there was no trophy list then.

5 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK disc version do not have trophies, unless they were added with patch later.

Only PSN version has the trophies implemented. I remember starting disc version in ~2009 and there was no trophy list then.

That's what I am reading. Also, isn't it possible to have two PS3s and one game (but on both PS3s)? Or is that not possible with primary activation stuff?

4 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

That's what I am reading. Also, isn't it possible to have two PS3s and one game (but on both PS3s)? Or is that not possible with primary activation stuff?

PS3 allows for an account to be activated for two consoles, meaning that you can just activate your account on both PS3s to download the game to each.

Also, while this is a bit beyond what's needed for this, you can technically do up to 3 by deactivating your account on the PS3 that you plan to use your main on. This is because you can play games from a deactivated account so long as you are using that account to do so. That is, assuming we have Main, Alt 1, and Alt 2, I could download the game from Main on all three consoles. I would activate the console for Alt 1 and Alt 2 while deactivating it for Main. Once this is done, I can run the game from all three consoles because Alt 1 and Alt 2 have console activations to access it and Main can access it despite being deactivated because it literally owns the content.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I paused things that you humans couldn't imagine... but I failed at this one... I remember I tried at first but I couldn't see the pause-exploit beneficial for this particular trophy.

I personally think that pause the parry part is even harder than do that legit.

Anyway I'm glad to see that the art of pause-exploit is still honored and shared accross its faithfuls.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...