DLC difficulty is a 6 out of 10 at least, IMO

AJ_Radio

Just reached Driver Level 120 by doing the Tamil Nadu 02 1-lap races over and over again with the other bikes and the two Caterham cars.

Now... what are those "Elite Levels" used for? Do they unlock something? I know there are 60 of them but i've only done two of them. I hate time trials...

5 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

I'm jist starting out on the dlcs and can anyone tell me if changing the difficulty to easy and then switching to gold star difficulty on the last event in a tour will void the completionist trophies?

I think you'll still need to get all Silver and Gold stars to get the trophy.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:38 PM, Spaz said:

This guy gets 28.725 seconds on the second sector, yet the best I can do is get 30.060 seconds in that same area.

Then the ghost at the final stretch somehow goes a LOT faster even though I'm driving perfectly in that area without going off track or skidding my car too much.

This is why I hate the time trials in this game. There's too many instances where the ghosts literally start a second or two ahead of you, or they'll go explicitly fast in a section where you're literally cornering or drifting to try to maintain your speed.

All of the 'Hot Laps' start with the ghosts getting a head start and then you have to find that one section in the track where they are going slow and you have to basically take advantage. Because otherwise you're not getting that lap time.

Frustrating.

Now I understand what you meant. Well, I got 2 stars in the first attemps, really close to get the third unexpectedly. Anyways, I need to train more this track. Seems easy, the ghost slows downs pretty often. 

Pacesetter was tough. A couple time trials had me stumped for a while. Dambusters wasn't as bad as I thought but you'll be lucky to get anything better than third place, plus it's better to make two attempts at this as getting those five Face Offs is a pain if you're going for all three stars.

18 hours ago, MarioMan200 said:

I'm jist starting out on the dlcs and can anyone tell me if changing the difficulty to easy and then switching to gold star difficulty on the last event in a tour will void the completionist trophies?

You have to get every Gold Star for the completionist trophies. Including getting the top lap time in some rather tight Time Trials.

That means getting 1st place in the Championship for the trophy events.

I've done a number of DLCs since my last post. Got six left (Elements, Evolution, Torque, Velocity, AMG and Finish Line) before I'm completely finished.

The Koenigsegg Regera HAS to be one of the most infuriating vehicles to drive. You literally can just touch a direction and that thing will spin out. It's much like the Venom.

If these last few DLCs prove too frustrating I will just work on what I need left for Driveclub Bikes for the platinum and move on to other games. I need a break, spent these past three weeks doing nothing but driving thousands of miles while restarting countless times.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I've done a number of DLCs since my last post. Got six left (Elements, Evolution, Torque, Velocity, AMG and Finish Line) before I'm completely finished.

The Koenigsegg Regera HAS to be one of the most infuriating vehicles to drive. You literally can just touch a direction and that thing will spin out. It's much like the Venom.

If these last few DLCs prove too frustrating I will just work on what I need left for Driveclub Bikes for the platinum and move on to other games. I need a break, spent these past three weeks doing nothing but driving thousands of miles while restarting countless times.

Got the feeling. I'm almost halfway, but... any tip for endure this game? I mean... I realized that many of our concerns come from the server shutdown (while you can take all the base game trophies you'll be ok), and because takes so much time to finish each DLC and looking others doing it effortlessly is really frustrating. But, this is exactly what the devs wanted: that the game would be challenging and the player base be continuing playing it. I'm going to grind as much as possible before March 31st and get the "Credit where it's due" trophy, because it's easier now; need around hundred of trials and its done. 

By the way. Pacesetter is indeed difficult. The time trials are annoying but bearable after few events, and honestly, at this point I memorized every track so just few runs and I can get in time. However rinse and repeat has tired me so much that I barely want to finish it, despite I really want to have done all. Nevermind, I'll keep this and still be posting here to make future players their experience more livable. 

• Like 1

The biggest thing I can recommend is don't jump around events frustrating as it may be, keep going until you have the track and how the car handles on that track mastered and you'll get it eventually. This is one of the few racing games I've played in over a decade so if I can do it you can.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Got the feeling. I'm almost halfway, but... any tip for endure this game? I mean... I realized that many of our concerns come from the server shutdown (while you can take all the base game trophies you'll be ok), and because takes so much time to finish each DLC and looking others doing it effortlessly is really frustrating. But, this is exactly what the devs wanted: that the game would be challenging and the player base be continuing playing it. I'm going to grind as much as possible before March 31st and get the "Credit where it's due" trophy, because it's easier now; need around hundred of trials and its done. 

How is the "Credit where it's due" trophy easier now? I don't see anything about it being easier online unless I missed something.

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

How is the "Credit where it's due" trophy easier now? I don't see anything about it being easier online unless I missed something.

The thing is that people acknowledge that Accolades works different from online/offline server status. Soo, its better to get that trophy before March 31st.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

The thing is that people acknowledge that Accolades works different from online/offline server status. Soo, its better to get that trophy before March 31st.

Okay I hadn't seen that. Thanks for pointing it out. I was working on it slowly since I had no clue but I'll go ahead and grind it out to prevent it being a mess afterwards. 

27 minutes ago, breakdance1989 said:

Hey guys, is it possible to get all of the Accolades trophies like "Credit Where It's Due" completely OFFline?

?

Sure! The thing is that you're gonna need a lot of patience because Fame experience would be sum up differently than now does. So, my best recomendation is to grind as much as possible before servers shutdown. 

The only one that is difficult is the AMG time trial. The others are pretty easy, just a matter of some retries. If you got the platinum, you shouldn't have no problem at all getting the 100%.

To be fair, there are some tours in the main game that are far harder than the DLCs.

19 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

By the way. Pacesetter is indeed difficult. The time trials are annoying but bearable after few events, and honestly, at this point I memorized every track so just few runs and I can get in time. However rinse and repeat has tired me so much that I barely want to finish it, despite I really want to have done all. Nevermind, I'll keep this and still be posting here to make future players their experience more livable. 

I may change the topic heading to say "6 out of 10" instead of "7 out of 10" in difficulty. A good majority of events aren't too difficult.... but there are a fair few that you'll be spending some time on before you'll get all 3 Gold Stars.

Anybody that needs the online done, DO IT NOW. I'll be helping out a friend over the next week, once I get my platinum for Driveclub Bikes I'll focus solely on that. I've done enough DLC this past month, all the DLC I have left can wait.

My advice for "Credit Where It's Due" is do the Skill Events. People who don't have Driveclub Bikes will have to settle with Drift Events. Skill Events are the quickest way to level up to 6, but it won't pop immediately. You have to do an event in the regular Driveclub, once you're finished the trophy should pop.

Pacesetter was a bitch. Problem was the vehicles in the time trials just have poor handling. Velocity is more of the same and I reckon it's only going to get worse with Torque, Elements and AMG, which are generally regarded to be the hardest DLC packs in the game.

I just have bikes left to grind for the platinum in Driveclub Bikes. Pretty easy.

7 hours ago, TheCoffeeFiend said:

The biggest thing I can recommend is don't jump around events frustrating as it may be, keep going until you have the track and how the car handles on that track mastered and you'll get it eventually. This is one of the few racing games I've played in over a decade so if I can do it you can.

Good advice. But I'm pretty burnt out on this game, so I'll mostly be helping out a friend before the server shutdown. I've done enough DLC these past three weeks.

• Like 2

Maybe it is because I am secretly terrible at racing games, or maybe it is because I have not put in the effort to truly learn the game, but this game can be super difficult for me. Before I took my hiatus from the game I would be doing missions over and over thinking that I am doing them the absolute best I can, but still fail to get all the stars. It is an incredibly frustrating feeling to have, because it destroys my motivation to want to continue. I guess if it was too easy, it would not be as rewarding then. Nevertheless, do not stop trying, because you will achieve it eventually!! Now if only I could find a way to get the Driveclub Bikes DLC and all related expansions that have trophies under the Bikes list, as I failed to get them in time ?

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

I may change the topic heading to say "6 out of 10" instead of "7 out of 10" in difficulty. A good majority of events aren't too difficult.... but there are a fair few that you'll be spending some time on before you'll get all 3 Gold Stars.

Anybody that needs the online done, DO IT NOW. I'll be helping out a friend over the next week, once I get my platinum for Driveclub Bikes I'll focus solely on that. I've done enough DLC this past month, all the DLC I have left can wait.

My advice for "Credit Where It's Due" is do the Skill Events. People who don't have Driveclub Bikes will have to settle with Drift Events. Skill Events are the quickest way to level up to 6, but it won't pop immediately. You have to do an event in the regular Driveclub, once you're finished the trophy should pop.

Pacesetter was a bitch. Problem was the vehicles in the time trials just have poor handling. Velocity is more of the same and I reckon it's only going to get worse with Torque, Elements and AMG, which are generally regarded to be the hardest DLC packs in the game.

I'm just 50 Drift Events and 125 km (78 mi) of Drafting to get the trophy, for a level 6 in Game Modes and Gameplay. Really easy. However, I'm planing to get it soon before the date. You should post a boosting session, is really quick to get those online trophies. 

Pretty funny. The Marussia track was really fun for me and one of the easiest in the DLC; I struggled a lot with Twine Peaks one, that one was tough even it isn't per se. Pacesetter is indeed challenging; the endurance race at the final can be annoying: in one of my tries, the 1st and 2nd place were so ridiculously fast that the managed to go around all the other racers! That is that they where behind the 12th place! Absurd. 

Nevermind, only those 3 left for the challenging ones.... When finishing them the rest will feel like a breeze. The only one that I can complain may be is Midnight and probably Lamborghini, but not really sure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I'm just 50 Drift Events and 125 km (78 mi) of Drafting to get the trophy, for a level 6 in Game Modes and Gameplay. Really easy. However, I'm planing to get it soon before the date. You should post a boosting session, is really quick to get those online trophies. 

Pretty funny. The Marussia track was really fun for me and one of the easiest in the DLC; I struggled a lot with Twine Peaks one, that one was tough even it isn't per se. Pacesetter is indeed challenging; the endurance race at the final can be annoying: in one of my tries, the 1st and 2nd place were so ridiculously fast that the managed to go around all the other racers! That is that they where behind the 12th place! Absurd. 

Nevermind, only those 3 left for the challenging ones.... When finishing them the rest will feel like a breeze. The only one that I can complain may be is Midnight and probably Lamborghini, but not really sure. 

I see you have Driveclub Bikes on your list but you haven't even started it. You definitely want to get that online done.

You do however did AMG, I have yet to go through that DLC.

Edited by Spaz

53 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I see you have Driveclub Bikes on your list but you haven't even started it. You definitely want to get that online done.

I think is a bug. I didn't buy Bikes, yet if I erease the list from my trophy list, every time the list pop-up again. I'll get rid of it when I finish the cars one. 

They're both the same game technically, I think this was the first time a game would have two entirely separate trophy lists with two platinums. I'm not counting stacks like Sound Shapes with different game platforms and regions as such.

• Like 1

If you guys want to reach Driver level 120, do that NOW, too. Join a random open level 120 club with maxed club accolades (sadly some are hacked, some aren't, mine isn't) and keep repeating the Tamil Nadu 02 1-lap race on Legend difficulty. Bikes and cars with high acceleration (such as Caterham and Ariel) are recommended. You'll get 80k-90k points per race, the race is only 50-60 seconds, and if you have to do certain accolades like being a fan of India you'll get tons of extra points every few races...

Best Skill Event (for Bikes owners only of course) is one of the "Ashii" tracks in India.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

This HAS to be one of the most difficult and frustrating events in the game....

Really difficult and the slightest mistake WILL take away a clean sector. Not to mention the ghost is fast as fuck in the second half of the time trial.

• Like 1