Is the Division 1 and 2 any good?

Just wanted to know if the games any good or not really fun. I only ask as people were telling me try out the games but yeah am not sure as I can get both for fairly short but yeah. Am not a big fan of destiny and games in the same line but do any of you think this game series might be a good fit for me?

If you are looking for a game to spend 10+- hours to shoot some enemies and explore the world - I think both games will definitely deliver on that. My first experience with Division 1 was magical! It's SUPER fun to explore the city and just walk around down a street like a badass; imo D2 kinda lost this magical feeling.

Story-wise it's...very meh on the surface. Tho I think you can get some fun from it if you spend some time paying attention to dialogues and small details. If you are looking to finish these games (let alone 100%)...I'd advise you to pace yourself as both can get hella repetitive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydoki said:

If you are looking for a game to spend 10+- hours to shoot some enemies and explore the world - I think both games will definitely deliver on that. My first experience with Division 1 was magical! It's SUPER fun to explore the city and just walk around down a street like a badass; imo D2 kinda lost this magical feeling.

Story-wise it's...very meh on the surface. Tho I think you can get some fun from it if you spend some time paying attention to dialogues and small details. If you are looking to finish these games (let alone 100%)...I'd advise you to pace yourself as both can get hella repetitive.

ah ok

It would had been awesome if it had zombies....

but technically coronavirus won the fight and humanity is now fighting each other for that last piece of toilet paper...

@KANERKB

Since most of us dont know you or what you like and dont like in games I would suggest checking out some of the thousands of Youtube videos to get a feel for it.

For what its worth though, Destiny doesn't appeal to me at all but The Division is up there among my favorites.

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 1

I'm a fan of cover-based shooters and RPGs, and the Division series is my favorite to date. The lore, the combat, and the moody world. Nothing beats walking around an abandoned NYC with Christmas decorations all over, or the moss-covered DC. The game is great with friends, but also I found a sense of peace walking around alone in these apocalypses. I can't wait for Div 3!

I've been playing Division 1 recently and at the start it just felt like a bullet sponge of a game which is what it's known for really but when you get to level 30 it  opens up so much.

You can choose tiers to make the game more difficult and guns that literally 10x what you have. So if you were going for the trophies like most you wouldn't have a problem.

Hell I even went through all the campaign missions again on Tier 1 hard with my ridiculous weapons and it made it a joke so it's worth playing.

Haven't started Underground yet so can't comment on that but Last Stand and Survival are pretty good. 

Survival you can choose whether you play PvE or PvP.. I stick to PVE because I know I wouldn't last against some of the people that play.

Saying that though the games pretty dead on them game modes so you could do the trophies (if that's what you were looking for) easily. The loot in the world is all set. The only thing that is random is on certain bags can either be clothes or food, food bags are either candy bars or canned food. It's a random item when you open the bag but it's only random as in what food you get. Same with vending machines and gun boxes etc. Locations of all loot is set so if you found a route all the loot won't move.

It's like one of them games where you start with nothing and you go around the world getting more and more loot and then you eventually make you way to the dead zone, flare gun, kill the hunter, extract. Lengthy but fun if you can pull it off.

Last Stand is basically an advanced game of Domination where each flag has 3 seperate nodes to complete. Good but hard.

So yeah, Division 1 is pretty good now. It's a shame that it wasn't that good at launch and everyone moved on before it got better but it's definitely worth playing now in my opinion.

Edited by ImmortalFox-
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Save yourself the grind fest and don’t start it up 

Only thing that’s a grind is the collectibles. Outside of that, it’s a very enjoyable game. Got both Gold Editions and I’m in the hunt of wrapping up D1’s plat. Looking forward starting D2. 

• Like 1

I think I might give it a shot as I plan to see if it is fun just need a way to grind faster to the level 30 fast as I can as if it only gets better at that point I need to be faster levelled, however I need to get both 1 and 2 might end up getting it at the end of this month I hope