PSA - Careful with the Playstation Now version

TheDragonfly44

EDIT: After playing the mission over again several times I found that switching controllers while on the screen where you make the choice allows you to choose Kuo. My controllers are in near perfect condition so I'm not sure what happened there. Thanks everyone 

Original Post:

Mild spoilers ahead

For some reason if you're playing the version of Infamous 2 on Playstation Now while in the mission 'Storm the Fort' you won't be able to choose Kuo, locking you out of the Status Kuo trophy and therefore making the platinum unobtainable. Found out the hard way

Edited by TheDragonfly44
Problem solved.

9 minutes ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

Mild spoilers ahead

For some reason if you're playing the version of Infamous 2 on Playstation Now while in the mission 'Storm the Fort' you won't be able to choose Kuo, locking you out of the Status Kuo trophy and therefore making the platinum unobtainable. Found out the hard way

WOW thanks for the info .. that does suck thou! And that is why we need PS5 to delete games when we can :)

• Like 1

Did you look at the guide for this trophy?

Note: The mission needed for this trophy is cancelled out when you choose to do Boom!, making this a missable trophy.

This trophy is story-related and will unlock if you choose Zeke's plan to save Agent Kuo from Bertrand's compound. This will be unlocked during your Good playthrough.

You tried under those conditions?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

Was it the Playstation Now version? Because I've replayed the mission at least fifteen times trying to see if I was doing something wrong

But what exactly happen?.

Looking back at a walktrough, you play the mission like normal and at the end, your karma choice is either L2 to choose Nix or R2 to choose Kuo.

Doesn't seem like a thing that even can be glitched.

So the question will be, what happens exactly when you are encountering this issue?

14 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

But what exactly happen?.

Looking back at a walktrough, you play the mission like normal and at the end, your karma choice is either L2 to choose Nix or R2 to choose Kuo.

Doesn't seem like a thing that even can be glitched.

So the question will be, what happens exactly when you are encountering this issue?

It says something to the effect of "Press L2 to choose Nix" or "Press R2 to choose Kuo" but pressing R2 just simply doesn't work. It only allows you to press L2 for Nix. My R2 button works just fine so I know it's not that. Looking it up a few others have had the issue but there haven't been any answers or ways to fix it

Edited by TheDragonfly44
Spelling error

2 minutes ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

I suppose it's possible I've started a new game to test it out but it's a good karma choice so I don't see why that'd effect it

If it helps, about an hour before I unlocked the trophy "Status Kuo - Choose Kuo in Storm the Fort.", I unlocked "Incorruptible - Earn full positive Karma.". So I was most likely at full positive Karma at that point of the game and it worked for me on PS Now

5 minutes ago, BeardedScot86 said:

If it helps, about an hour before I unlocked the trophy "Status Kuo - Choose Kuo in Storm the Fort.", I unlocked "Incorruptible - Earn full positive Karma.". So I was most likely at full positive Karma at that point of the game and it worked for me on PS Now

I actually got it during that mission so I don't think it's that but thanks for trying to help

6 minutes ago, Burgins said:

Yeah, might be a glitch in the game itself and not necessarily because of PS Now? I platted 2 thru Now just fine.

Well it could be but the only other person I found that had the problem was using playstation now as well so I wasn't sure

1 hour ago, TheDragonfly44 said:

I suppose it's possible I've started a new game to test it out but it's a good karma choice so I don't see why that'd effect it

It's been a while since I played it, I thought Kuo was the bad one. Just flip that for good karma. From what I remember, you can only choose one of those, and it entirely depends on which karma is higher. It's one of the more annoying parts because of it.

Alright everyone who cares here's an update. I started an entirely new playthrough to see if that would work, and I also tried doing the evil karma stuff. Didn't work. Four hours or so of replaying this game to still get the glitch really makes me hate this damn game

Edited by TheDragonfly44
Spelling

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem right now. 

I see that you got the platinum @TheDragonfly44. How did you do it? 

Edit: Got the trophy during my third try. If this helps anyone I got to Karma level "Hero", switched my controller before destroying the 3rd mortar, spammed R2 at the exact moment the cutscene started and never died during the mission. I don't know if any of this affected the trophy in a positive way but I would try them if you're having troubles

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, maiathewinners said:

I'm having the same problem right now. 

I see that you got the platinum @TheDragonfly44. How did you do it? 

Edit: Got the trophy during my third try. If this helps anyone I got to Karma level "Hero", switched my controller before destroying the 3rd mortar, spammed R2 at the exact moment the cutscene started and never died during the mission. I don't know if any of this affected the trophy in a positive way but I would try them if you're having troubles

Glad to see you got it. I fixed it by just switching controllers even though the one I was using worked just fine. Not sure what was going on there