How many hours should i spent in this game for trophy platinum?

s7so0oy-007

I think apart from the trials the biggest time sink is maxing out your stats but there are two ways to do it. One is to either beat the game several times which is a bit excessive or the other is to just fight the first three Colossus in NG+ since they are quick to get to and don't take long to beat. But even then it shouldn't take that long at all. I think my final time was like 32 hours granted I did sometimes go idle so it was probably more like 24-28 in total.

When it comes to the trials it really just comes down to how many attempts they may take. I remember the final two on Hard difficulty gave me trouble because of how easy it can be to fall off them and for the second to last one you have to be careful with your timing and the final one requires some patience. If you really struggle with the trials then yeah I guess 40 hours would be plausible but they aren't too bad after you figure out what you need to do.

40 hours sounds like a lot. While I didn't measure the time it took to plat, I'm sure I spent much less than that and I was exploring places and taking my time.
According to Howlongtobeat the average completionist time of Shadow of the Colossus is 22h 54m.

Are you speed running or just wondering? I wouldnt focus on the times too much mate, those times are usually estimated and dont take certain bias into account usually. Just enjoy the games at your own pace, i usually only bother with that Time box when im really not enjoying something and just wanna know how longs left to get through it. MGS3 for example, the Trophy guide says 4-6 hours. If its your first time through and consulting a guide for collectibles etc that time is closer to 15-20 hours IMO.

TLDR: Take that timer with a grain of salt, unless you are speedrunning or going for a LB spit, just go your own pace and enjoy.