Final Boss on Inferno

Cloudbahamut

I personally didn't find it too bad. I got 'stuck' on it on Nightmare, by which I mean it took me 8-10 tries. On Inferno, I beat it on my 2nd attempt. Some tips

- Health Items are critical. There is 1 in the final save room, and 1 in the arena (to the left of the rail gun if you are looking at it - to your right if you're looking at Nemesis). The moment your health is anything less than max, use a health kit. I struggled so much because I cruised through the game on nightmare with the infinite rocket launcher, and didn't bother bringing any health items with me. I would recommend taking 3 in with you and, if neccesary, picking up the above one as a 4th.

- The multi-pounding attack and sweeping attack is easy to dodge once you know how. He'll move up whilst he pounds, as long as you're at the back, none of these will hit you. He'll then briefly pause and come down with a crushing hit - dodge this one. The sweeping attack is again easy to detect and doge.

- The lateral attack (where he's beating you like an exersize rope) is OP and utterly ridiculous. You only have a small chance at survival if you're hit if A - his attack deflects you out of the way of the 2nd + 3rd hit (this does happen, occasionally) and/or B - if you have FULL health (you'll finish with danger). Without this, it would be a very easy fight. This is dodgable, but you have to dodge the MOMENT he starts coming down. The twice I beat this I'll admit I feel I lucked out off this move.

- The STARS manual does help. It doesn't neccesarily correct a missed dodge to a successful one, but it multiplies the chance of a successful one being a perfect one. Specifically, you're more likely to get a perfect-dodge slo mo, within which time you can sometimes get off 2 shots.

- Only get off 1 shot at a time, unless you are shooting after a perfect dodge. Even if you aren't amazing at the dodge mechanic, it's really important you don't try and over-shoot your rockets. If you do, and he's already coming down with an attack, you're stuffed. The exception to this is if you get a perfect dodge slo-mo, where you can sometimes get off 2 shots

- Facing Nemesis, push in the battery to the back right first. This is very important. I thought I finally beat this boss, and on my way to the rail gun to finish him off he killed me with a lateral attack - I left the back right one for last, the one closest to him. I found that running straight back didn't work, as he had already regenerated fully and was attacking again by then. In contrast, if you leave the left one or the other, closer right one for last you should be able to push it in as your 3rd and rush for the rail gun before he can regenerate.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Difficulty is subjective. Someone starting a game on assisted can have just as much or more trouble compared to sometime starting on hardcore. I started on standard and I will admit it was way to easy. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t have the same experience as someone who played it first on hardcore. 

Challenges aren’t for everybody. Some people want to sit down and de-stress not have to worry about getting one shotted and restarting the same 45 minute game play to the point where it becomes tedious. 

This. Thank you.

of course Assisted was not much trouble but that was the point. I did not want to worry about stressful difficulty and a challenging playthrough on my first run. I wanted to focus on the story, the gameplay and finding all collectibles. That being said there were a few spots on my first run which gave me a lot of trouble on Assisted the first time around. Dealing with the two Hunters in the Treatment room was a nightmare on first run and I got killed like 4 times in a row. Don't know why because during my no Item box run I had zero troubles with them at all.

The Lobby fight also really fucked me up the first time around but on subsequent runs and during my many farming kill farming sessions I had no problems whatsoever.

Nemesis Stage 2 was also really tough for me the first time around but again on my No Item box run I took him down without any problems.

But at the end of the day playing Resident Evil has never been and will never be about having the hardest and most challenging time possible for me. That's not why I play these games. Or any games really. The horror and tension in RE that I love does not come from making it as hard as possible from the get go. I never play any new games on Hard on my very first run and I never will. That's my choice and I respect if others like playing on Hard right away. Everyone should play exactly the way it is most fun and satisfying for them.

But what I absolutely will NEVER tolerate is other players looking down or putting down others for not doing it their way. That is disrespectful, it is insulting, arrogant and demeaning. That sort of elitist behavior should not and can not have a place in a respectful gaming community. Period.

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 4

I honestly didn't find the last boss that difficult. I only died 2 times on Nightmare, cause of the one shot grab that I swear wasn't there on normal difficulty, but I beat him on first try in Infernoand  if you have all the unlockables on you, it's not that difficult.

I suggest practice perfect dodge on Nightmare, since his attacks don't deal that big of a damage and figure out his pattern move on how he is going to attack. Trust me, if you practice enough, Inferno is gonna feel like a peace of cake. 

i have take only two try for win the final boss on inferno difficulty , dont wait he attack , you can attack fast before too.

wait for dodge it's up the risk for die , but sure you can focus too on the attacks the boss doings , he do only two attacks and one of the two attacks he do is a death attack because if he hit you he multiple hit / auto kill you on 3 hit's.

one other tip is use the rocket launcher fast and try to destroy the more balls you can with 1 rockets if you target multiple balls , he is more fast down the boss.

And i repeat the best is to attack fast the boss while focus , dont wait he attack you or you die a lot. 

Good luck.

8 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

- The lateral attack (where he's beating you like an exersize rope) is OP and utterly ridiculous. You only have a small chance at survival if you're hit if A - his attack deflects you out of the way of the 2nd + 3rd hit (this does happen, occasionally) and/or B - if you have FULL health (you'll finish with danger). Without this, it would be a very easy fight. This is dodgable, but you have to dodge the MOMENT he starts coming down. The twice I beat this I'll admit I feel I lucked out off this move.

I think this has a variant version that he will smash you with a super fast speed for 6 or more time continuously, and that one is pretty hard to dodge and it will kill you most time. It is rare to see this but it sometimes happens.

Edited by Astray404

4 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

I think this has a variant version that he will smash you with a super fast speed for 6 or more time continuously, and that one is pretty hard to dodge and it will kill you most time. It is rare to see this but it sometimes happens.

Yeah that is the infamous 8 hit combo he sometimes does. During his Inferno speedrun the streamer UhTrance actually dodged this attack 8 times in a row with 8 consecutive perfect dodges. That man is insane.

Edited by Cloudbahamut

2 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Yeah that is the infamous 8 hit combo he sometimes does. During his Inferno speedrun the streamer UhTrance actually dodged this attack 8 times in a row with 8 consecutive perfect dodges. That man is insane.

I have a feeling that this game is impossible to beat with only your knife on Inferno lol (Except Neme's second stage that you have to shoot the electro tank)

1 minute ago, Astray404 said:

I have a feeling that this game is impossible to beat with only your knife on Inferno lol (Except Neme's second stage that you have to shoot the electro tank)

I don't think you can actually defeat Stage 3 Nemesis with a knife. You have to destroy those blisters and I don't think that can be done with a knife. Can the knife even reach them ?

Just now, Cloudbahamut said:

I don't think you can actually defeat Stage 3 Nemesis with a knife. You have to destroy those blisters and I don't think that can be done with a knife. Can the knife even reach them ?

Say if you don't shoot those tumor-balls and only push power tanks, is there a chance, I wonder? Feels like impossible.

On 06/04/2020 at 11:50 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

I honestly didn't find the last boss that difficult. I only died 2 times on Nightmare, cause of the one shot grab that I swear wasn't there on normal difficulty, but I beat him on first try in Infernoand  if you have all the unlockables on you, it's not that difficult.

I suggest practice perfect dodge on Nightmare, since his attacks don't deal that big of a damage and figure out his pattern move on how he is going to attack. Trust me, if you practice enough, Inferno is gonna feel like a peace of cake. 

Pretty much this. I died more on Nightmare and learned his moveset there. Also its a bit of luck. He never did his 8 move combo for me on inferno. Imo the part of the game I had most problems with was the first section since he constantly annoys you by chasing u extremely quick and when u die u have to restart from the start or your last save which got aggravating. 

2 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Pretty much this. I died more on Nightmare and learned his moveset there. Also its a bit of luck. He never did his 8 move combo for me on inferno. Imo the part of the game I had most problems with was the first section since he constantly annoys you by chasing u extremely quick and when u die u have to restart from the start or your last save which got aggravating. 

Still to do Inferno, but I didn't find him that bad on nightmare, I don't think it's as bad as those finding it really difficult make out but....

If you go into that battle with LITTLE healing items and LITTLE inventory space, then YES, then I could probably see the view from those finding it difficult, but then isn't that partly their own fault for poor preparation beforehand??

I had NOT used the shop hip pouches, but I had COLLECTED ALL HIP POUCHES and HEALING ITEMS throughout the game. I make a habit of doing this.

Once I got to the final boss, ASSAULT COINS are not needed, so all I had was ROCKET LAUNCHER and DEFENCE COINS equalling 4 slots. I then put the DODGING ITEM in my inventory also, leaving me with 11 FULL HEALING ITEMS. 

This way, I can sort of tank it all but I do need to try to dodge at least the 3-hit combo, anything else I can tank and heal after. I would always move back to the middle after to have a good view and leave the furthest battery for last because that one leaves you the most open after pushing it, but leaving it till last lets you just run to the rail-gun and not worry about looking awkwardly for attacks.

Maybe Inferno will be a completely different matter, but with 11 healing items, defence coins, IRL and dodge book, I could tank most of it. You only need to manage for 3 waves, think I had about 3 healing items left lol, I would have been in trouble without them!!

One part I really hate on Nightmare/Inferno is the bloody spider breaker maze, honestly that drives me nuts as its so RNG based, whereas most other troublesome parts are easily passed with planning.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Still to do Inferno, but I didn't find him that bad on nightmare, I don't think it's as bad as those finding it really difficult make out but....

If you go into that battle with LITTLE healing items and LITTLE inventory space, then YES, then I could probably see the view from those finding it difficult, but then isn't that partly their own fault for poor preparation beforehand??

I had NOT used the shop hip pouches, but I had COLLECTED ALL HIP POUCHES and HEALING ITEMS throughout the game. I make a habit of doing this.

Once I got to the final boss, ASSAULT COINS are not needed, so all I had was ROCKET LAUNCHER and DEFENCE COINS equalling 4 slots. I then put the DODGING ITEM in my inventory also, leaving me with 11 FULL HEALING ITEMS. 

This way, I can sort of tank it all but I do need to try to dodge at least the 3-hit combo, anything else I can tank and heal after. I would always move back to the middle after to have a good view and leave the furthest battery for last because that one leaves you the most open after pushing it, but leaving it till last lets you just run to the rail-gun and not worry about looking awkwardly for attacks.

Maybe Inferno will be a completely different matter, but with 11 healing items, defence coins, IRL and dodge book, I could tank most of it. You only need to manage for 3 waves, think I had about 3 healing items left lol, I would have been in trouble without them!!

One part I really hate on Nightmare/Inferno is the bloody spider breaker maze, honestly that drives me nuts as its so RNG based, whereas most other troublesome parts are easily passed with planning.

Yeah agree with everything here but I didn't even do that much planning. I had around 6 healing items and it was more than enough. I missed one or maybe two hip pouches too. The Spider breaker sequence didn't give me much issues. It was always running away from Nemesis that killed me because in all the runs prior to that he's a joke. You don't even need to perfect dodge anything or even dodge honestly. And yeah u only need to focus on dodging one attack of the 3 hit combo because u can survive the other 2 hits and just heal back to full after that. Also i recommend people to save before/after the spider breaker sequence,at the kendo gun shop,After the massive wave fight at the medical centre,before second last boss and finally before the final boss. 

1 minute ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Yeah agree with everything here but I didn't even do that much planning. I had around 6 healing items and it was more than enough. I missed one or maybe two hip pouches too. The Spider breaker sequence didn't give me much issues. It was always running away from Nemesis that killed me because in all the runs prior to that he's a joke. You don't even need to perfect dodge anything or even dodge honestly. And yeah u only need to focus on dodging one attack of the 3 hit combo because u can survive the other 2 hits and just heal back to full after that. Also i recommend people to save before/after the spider breaker sequence,at the kendo gun shop,After the massive wave fight at the medical centre,before second last boss and finally before the final boss. 

I probably had about 13 full heals, and 4 green herbs left lmfao, not enough space to take them all into the fight!!! I used about 8 healing items lol, but that's with me not really learning his moveset, so you can sort of tank it partly, but you need good preparation beforehand.

I NEVER perfect dodge anything, but there are a few bits in Nightmare/Inferno that you MUST otherwise you are dead, like the parking lot elevator for example.

Nemesis doesn't bother me as I have trivilised him so much on assisted that I know little tricks to avoid him. He doesn't appear more/less, he is just more aggressive. On his first appearance after spider break alley, you can run back through the gate and then shoot him through it from safety, but you can get a rocket of as soon as he appears anyway, but you have to literally hold down L2 and R2!!

Spider just pees me off because it is RNG based, everything else I can control. You DEFINITELY need to save before that, actually having recovery coins, defence coins would really help in spider alley if not anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I probably had about 13 full heals, and 4 green herbs left lmfao, not enough space to take them all into the fight!!! I used about 8 healing items lol, but that's with me not really learning his moveset, so you can sort of tank it partly, but you need good preparation beforehand.

I NEVER perfect dodge anything, but there are a few bits in Nightmare/Inferno that you MUST otherwise you are dead, like the parking lot elevator for example.

Nemesis doesn't bother me as I have trivilised him so much on assisted that I know little tricks to avoid him. He doesn't appear more/less, he is just more aggressive. On his first appearance after spider break alley, you can run back through the gate and then shoot him through it from safety, but you can get a rocket of as soon as he appears anyway, but you have to literally hold down L2 and R2!!

Spider just pees me off because it is RNG based, everything else I can control. You DEFINITELY need to save before that, actually having recovery coins, defence coins would really help in spider alley if not anywhere else.

Yeah its RNG thats for sure. I think my biggest annoyance with nemesis was me trying to damage him from close range which really doesnt work on inferno unless u get lucky. Putting some distance between you and him is the way to go. Lol I died my first time at his first appearance and had to restart the game which is why I saved after the spider breaker. Initially was trying to get to the first boss before saving but honestly there's no need to be stingy with saves

17 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Yeah its RNG thats for sure. I think my biggest annoyance with nemesis was me trying to damage him from close range which really doesnt work on inferno unless u get lucky. Putting some distance between you and him is the way to go. Lol I died my first time at his first appearance and had to restart the game which is why I saved after the spider breaker. Initially was trying to get to the first boss before saving but honestly there's no need to be stingy with saves

First part is annoying isn't it because you keep holding on for that 1st save saying to yourself 'No, this part is easy, I will save a little later' lol. Just to die, thinking because you made a poor mistake so you hold on again, just to pass that part and then die again, eventually you give in and save earlier, but took me a few deaths before I got there lmfao.

It worked for me on Inferno. I've only done inferno up to that as have had to get my next part of my P5R guide done as I think some are waiting but yea, works for me. I LITERALLY have to aim and fire as soon as cutscene ends though and you gain control. You can hold L2 and R2 during the cutscene and that usually works, you JUST get him before he gets you.

The 2nd chase sequence to the sewers, I was first doing that with the infinite SMG and that made it hard, but believe it or not, if I spun around as soon as I gained control, shot him in the shoulder (I know wtf right), it would stagger him slightly, giving me chance to reload, put another clip into him and down him without dmg. And thats without RL. This was on hardcore mind, I think that sequence is the same anyway on either but first I was like, ok im buggered, lets try downing him as I cant run without perfect dodging.

Shooting him anywhere else wouldn't cause him to stagger and he would get me, but hitting his shoulder, makes him hold it and stagger, giving me just enough time to knock him down. Irrelevant I know, but weird one isn't it, staggering him by hitting him in the shoulder, you wouldn't think it ;)

With Rocket Launcher, recovery and defense coins I had no problems with anything on Nightmare and Inferno except for the final boss. Nemesis himself is not a problem at all when he chases you because RL will bring him down to his knees instantly (at least if you have the assault coins, don't know if you down him instantly without them). The Drain Demos room is easy even on Inferno. With recovery and defense coins you can just run through that room, shoot a bunch of them with the RL and keep going. Never had any issues there.

However what REALLY fucked me up on Inferno was the very beginning specifically the two zombies that you have to get past before you reach the item box because you have no heal item, no coins, just 10 shots with a handgun and thats it.  I died so many fucking times and had to start at the beginning on Inferno because I just could not dodge or bring down those zombies before running out of ammo. They are so damn fast and aggressive on Inferno and the one in the garage always got me. One time I was actually perfect dodging him and he STILL got me right afterwards. Like WTF ?

When I finally made it past him I was so relieved. But I had lost a lot of time.

As for the final Nemesis battle - like I said before I had 4 full heal items, the RL and all the coins with me. What eventually always got me was the triple combo because I have a really hard time dodging any of those hits on Inferno. I was able to do it once or twice but not consistently. And when he does the 8 hit combo you're fucked of course unless you are really perfect at dodging. What often also killed me was after pushing in the 2nd core he suddenly starts mixing up attacks like the overhead strikes and the triple combo and one of those always got me.

By the way leaving the core on the far right side for last is NOT a good strategy. In fact most players and speedrunners heavily advise against it.  I once made the mistake to push that core in last and on my way back to the railgun literally a microsecond before I reached it he hit me with the triple combo and killed me. So yeah don't leave that core for last. It's too damn risky.

35 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

With Rocket Launcher, recovery and defense coins I had no problems with anything on Nightmare and Inferno except for the final boss. Nemesis himself is not a problem at all when he chases you because RL will bring him down to his knees instantly (at least if you have the assault coins, don't know if you down him instantly without them). The Drain Demos room is easy even on Inferno. With recovery and defense coins you can just run through that room, shoot a bunch of them with the RL and keep going. Never had any issues there.

However what REALLY fucked me up on Inferno was the very beginning specifically the two zombies that you have to get past before you reach the item box because you have no heal item, no coins, just 10 shots with a handgun and thats it.  I died so many fucking times and had to start at the beginning on Inferno because I just could not dodge or bring down those zombies before running out of ammo. They are so damn fast and aggressive on Inferno and the one in the garage always got me. One time I was actually perfect dodging him and he STILL got me right afterwards. Like WTF ?

When I finally made it past him I was so relieved. But I had lost a lot of time.

As for the final Nemesis battle - like I said before I had 4 full heal items, the RL and all the coins with me. What eventually always got me was the triple combo because I have a really hard time dodging any of those hits on Inferno. I was able to do it once or twice but not consistently. And when he does the 8 hit combo you're fucked of course unless you are really perfect at dodging. What often also killed me was after pushing in the 2nd core he suddenly starts mixing up attacks like the overhead strikes and the triple combo and one of those always got me.

By the way leaving the core on the far right side for last is NOT a good strategy. In fact most players and speedrunners heavily advise against it.  I once made the mistake to push that core in last and on my way back to the railgun literally a microsecond before I reached it he hit me with the triple combo and killed me. So yeah don't leave that core for last. It's too damn risky.

Yea, the earlier part is difficult if tou dont have a good strat. Those 2 zombies where one is coming out the bus, you need to quickly leg shot the one near the gate then get past when he flinches.

The ones at the elevator, you need to dodge 9 o clock, 10 o clock, 2 o clock straight away to avoid it

4 heals, I had 11, plus more in the box. Obviously doesnt help with combos, but the more the better, well does if you survive the combo in danger.

Speedrunner strats and not alwasy good advise for a average player. There strategies usually require skill and practice.

Putting that far core in creates the MOST risk because of the awkward camera angle on the way back, it's awkward to see which attack is coming.

Of course its not what skilled players do because they have learnt a efficient and practiced strategy which avoids it, but for a general player, the method which requires the least amount of practice, fits better with that one being last.

Being caught on the way back obviously unlucky, but set up right, a method which requires less practice, the far battery fits better being last!!

Thats just my opinion, which comes from the strategy which is think is the easiest to perform (requires less practice).

- Have IRL, 2 x defence coins, dodge book, 11+ healing items.

- Tank most dmg and heal when you get chance.

- Try to dodge the combo though.

- Push in one battery at a time then get back to centre because the POV is better.

- Try to do far battery last so you can sprint back to railgun.

- when you get knocked down, mash buttons to recover quicker.

Im in no way saying this is the better way, its just easier to learn in my opinion. The more healing items you have the less moves you have to dodge as you can just heal after.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Yea, the earlier part is difficult if tou dont have a good strat. Those 2 zombies where one is coming out the bus, you need to quickly leg shot the one near the gate then get past when he flinches.

The ones at the elevator, you need to dodge 9 o clock, 10 o clock, 2 o clock straight away to avoid it

4 heals, I had 11, plus more in the box. Obviously doesnt help with combos, but the more the better, well does if you survive the combo in danger.

Speedrunner strats and not alwasy good advise for a average player. There strategies usually require skill and practice.

Putting that far core in creates the MOST risk because of the awkward camera angle on the way back, it's awkward to see which attack is coming.

Of course its not what skilled players do because they have learnt a efficient and practiced strategy which avoids it, but for a general player, the method which requires the least amount of practice, fits better with that one being last.

Being caught on the way back obviously unlucky, but set up right, a method which requires less practice, the far battery fits better being last!!

Thats just my opinion, which comes from the strategy which is think is the easiest to perform (requires less practice).

- Have IRL, 2 x defence coins, dodge book, 11+ healing items.

- Tank most dmg and heal when you get chance.

- Try to dodge the combo though.

- Push in one battery at a time then get back to centre because the POV is better.

- Try to do far battery last so you can sprint back to railgun.

- when you get knocked down, mash buttons to recover quicker.

Im in no way saying this is the better way, its just easier to learn in my opinion. The more healing items you have the less moves you have to dodge as you can just heal after.

Nah this just doesn't work for me. Besides I already did beat it on Inferno and got the plat so I am fine with how I did it. You also don't need that many heal items. I had four and only needed three of them - and that's on Inferno where every hit puts you in the red.

The strategy that eventually worked for me was:

- after the first Railgun shot wait until Nemesis start flaying around then run all the way to the left, his overhead strike will miss. Then quickly shooting at the left blisters with RL to take them out in one shot. Then he usually does a sweep (easy to dodge because you can see it coming from a mile away) so perfect dodge and taking out the right side blisters. Nemmy goes down. Push in the first core on the left.

- This is where it gets tricky because he almost always starts the 2nd round with a triple combo. I was able to dodge the first hit but not the other two. Full heal right away, then running all the way to the right to dodge another ground slam attack (will miss if you run all the way to the right). shooting the blisters on the right side. Then he usually does another two sweeps. Perfect dodge and taking out the left side blisters. Then while Nemmy falls already running to the far core on the right. By the time Nemmy is up again I was already back by the railgun positioned in the middle in front of Nemesis.

- That's where he gets real nasty and starts mixing up attacks. I perfect dodged the sweeps and took out some blisters right away but then was caught by another triple hit but able to dodge one of them (full heal afterwards) and dodged the ground slam by running to the right again after luring him to the left. Then I took a risk and did not wait for perfect dodge but fired right at the last set of blisters. Got hit but hit him too. Another full heal, then pushing in the last core and running back to Railgun. I reached the Railgun at the exact moment he was up and was about to attack again. Done. Only needed three heals this way.

1 hour ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Nah this just doesn't work for me. Besides I already did beat it on Inferno and got the plat so I am fine with how I did it. You also don't need that many heal items. I had four and only needed three of them - and that's on Inferno where every hit puts you in the red.

The strategy that eventually worked for me was:

- after the first Railgun shot wait until Nemesis start flaying around then run all the way to the left, his overhead strike will miss. Then quickly shooting at the left blisters with RL to take them out in one shot. Then he usually does a sweep (easy to dodge because you can see it coming from a mile away) so perfect dodge and taking out the right side blisters. Nemmy goes down. Push in the first core on the left.

- This is where it gets tricky because he almost always starts the 2nd round with a triple combo. I was able to dodge the first hit but not the other two. Full heal right away, then running all the way to the right to dodge another ground slam attack (will miss if you run all the way to the right). shooting the blisters on the right side. Then he usually does another two sweeps. Perfect dodge and taking out the left side blisters. Then while Nemmy falls already running to the far core on the right. By the time Nemmy is up again I was already back by the railgun positioned in the middle in front of Nemesis.

- That's where he gets real nasty and starts mixing up attacks. I perfect dodged the sweeps and took out some blisters right away but then was caught by another triple hit but able to dodge one of them (full heal afterwards) and dodged the ground slam by running to the right again after luring him to the left. Then I took a risk and did not wait for perfect dodge but fired right at the last set of blisters. Got hit but hit him too. Another full heal, then pushing in the last core and running back to Railgun. I reached the Railgun at the exact moment he was up and was about to attack again. Done. Only needed three heals this way.

Well maybe you dont need that many, but I sure as hell will. If I took as little as you, would have took me much longer as I would have to perfect my dodging more.

I needed 9 heals on Nightmare, took in 11, but I didnt need to learn his moveset as much as you. Not inferno, I know will see that soon ;)

I let everything hit me as the only attack I had waited for was the combo. I would just heal after every hit, then try to shoot unless triple combo was coming.

Sure, sometimes I wouldnt get to shoot becausw I would get hit but thats what all the heal items were for ;)

I guess its just a matter of what works for different players. I try to avoid learning movesets as much as possible and just tank what I can if possible. Although Inferno could be a whole different matter ;)

Edited by Optinooby

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I needed 9 heals on Nightmare, took in 11, but I didnt need to learn his moveset as much as you. Not inferno, I know will see that soon ;)

I let everything hit me as the only attack I had waited for was the combo. I would just heal after every hit, then try to shoot unless triple combo was coming.

Sure, sometimes I wouldnt get to shoot becausw I would get hit but thats what all the heal items were for ;)

I guess its just a matter of what works for different players. I try to avoid learning movesets as much as possible and just tank what I can if possible. Although Inferno could be a whole different matter ;)

It may not take that many heals lol, especially when you get 4 coins and the RL. For me, the only difficult part in Inferno is the last boss, and that Neme is either dodge without getting hurt or get killed from his smash combos :V

On 08/04/2020 at 9:44 PM, Cloudbahamut said:

Just planning my Inferno guides and I think I came up with a pretty good way for this, NO DODGING required and pretty consistent, perhaps a bit unconventional, but good for all:

So you let the first zombie damage you who is blocking the gate (yes you read that right). This puts you in caution, but more importantly, leaves you with 12 bullets.

Then with elevator zombie, you dodge back 3 times, then put 12 rounds into his chest, one of which will knock him down

Then you are good to go xD

Sure, really off base strategy because who considers taking dmg as a strategy, but here, taking the dmg provides a controllable outcome xD

Edited by Optinooby

Just done it today, took 5 mins and reloaded save again after to see if repeatable or if I was just lucky, I can do it normally every few attempts.

Things that help were assault coins, dodge book and defence coins. You need assault coins for it on inferno because the blast radius from rocket dont do as much dmg otherwise.

I was just shooting at any opportunity.

I used about 7 healing items, but took in 14 or so, but the thing I found most useful was mapping dodge to circle.

You have to rotate the analog and spam a front button as well to get up quicker, spamming R1 at the same time gets a bit awkward.

But mapping dodge to circle means I can mash circle and rotate the stick when I get knocked down, and it allows me to dodge at the earliest opportunity as well because im already spamming the dodge button to recover. Run is changed to R1, but its not to bad over the advantage it gives you!

The combos, you can recover from the first hit if your quick and get a heal in, so you CAN actually survive a full 3 hit combo.

The 8 hit combo, again, you can dodge the first one or few and recover, once you dodge one with the book, you can just keep spamming dodge and dodge them all. I only got caught with long combo once during my attempts, I recovered after the first hit or so, healed and just kept spamming dodge and I dodged like 5 in a row lol

But yea, dont think its to bad, I learnt no moves and just went in heavy handed, I think poor preparation makes it more difficult, but that applies to the rest of the run as well.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Just done it today, took 5 mins and reloaded save again after to see if repeatable or if I was just lucky, I can do it normally every few attempts.

Things that help were assault coins, dodge book and defence coins. You need assault coins for it on inferno because the blast radius from rocket dont do as much dmg otherwise.

I was just shooting at any opportunity.

I used about 7 healing items, but took in 14 or so, but the thing I found most useful was mapping dodge to circle.

You have to rotate the analog and spam a front button as well to get up quicker, spamming R1 at the same time gets a bit awkward.

But mapping dodge to circle means I can mash circle and rotate the stick when I get knocked down, and it allows me to dodge at the earliest opportunity as well because im already spamming the dodge button to recover. Run is changed to R1, but its not to bad over the advantage it gives you!

The combos, you can recover from the first hit if your quick and get a heal in, so you CAN actually survive a full 3 hit combo.

The 8 hit combo, again, you can dodge the first one or few and recover, once you dodge one with the book, you can just keep spamming dodge and dodge them all. I only got caught with long combo once during my attempts, I recovered after the first hit or so, healed and just kept spamming dodge and I dodged like 5 in a row lol

But yea, dont think its to bad, I learnt no moves and just went in heavy handed, I think poor preparation makes it more difficult, but that applies to the rest of the run as well.

Actually I always have dodge on circle and run on R1. I HATE running with L3. I just fucking hate it. So even in R2 I always used control scheme C for R1 for run and circle for dodge. So that's how I always play anyway