Daily challenge trophy question

agamer1

I don't expect it does, but does anyone know if reaching tier 1 in a special event daily challenge will also unlock the trophy? I know the description itself says a community challenge, but I didn't know if anyone else knew? 

I just got short of tier 1 yesterday and I know now I'd have to wait another 4 days or so to try again

1 hour ago, x7eight said:

It should work, but there's a new community daily every day, not sure why you need 4 days.

Specifically for the group b 4wd, I believe daily community challenges can be a few days inbetween and you have to reach tier 1 in the audi quotro

1 hour ago, orzelek25 said:

delta time event counts too for this trophy and  it`s much easier if you have problem with gtetting tier1 time

What are delta time events? I'm assuming you're still fighting an online leader board to get as high as you can? 

I also saw another video that said although you cannot see the specific stage for the daily challenge you can see the event, so before you have a go at it load up the event and practice a couple of different stages first.

• Like 2

You can also use my video as reference.

Video description:

This is the hardest trophy in the Dirt Rally 2.0 Base Game. You'll need to finish in the top 10% of a daily Group B RWD event driving the Audi Quattro. The good news, Ghost has some tips and tricks for you. The bad news, the Quattro is a wild beast and really hard to control.

1. The first thing you'll have to do is drive a number of rallys in your carreer to upgrade your engine. You don't necessarily need to very last engine upgrade(group B is fast enough anyway^^), but try to be one or two upgrades above the standard engine to stand a fairer chance.

2. You can see the Rally location before starting the event, but not the exact stage however.

3. Go to the Time Trial section practice several long stages for this Rally before competing in the daily event.

4. Don't push too hard, this is Group B. At least 30% of drivers won't even finish. Top 10% in this vehicle class does not require a complete "on the limits" run. Drive mindful and aim for not going off the road, this is way more valueable than some extra flat out seconds on a straight.

5. Good luck mate!

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
  • Like 2

So I can can confirm a daily challenge in the special events section also counts for this trophy as long as it is the group b rwd and you do it in the audi quattro of course. 

I've logged in just now and the trophy popped for me, so it does not have to be in the community events tab like the trophy states. This means you will get more chances to do this trophy, rather than having to wait 3-4 days for a refresh, it might only take 1-2 days 

• Like 3

I haven't started playing DIRT Rally 2.0 yet, but at what time is the Daily Request. I remember from DIRT 4 it was like 11:00 CET in the morning.

Btw, just want to add that I'm glad this game came to PlayStation Plus because allthough I like the DIRT series, simulation games will probably never be my favorite. This way I can try and see if this is something I like to play.

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

I haven't started playing DIRT Rally 2.0 yet, but at what time is the Daily Request. I remember from DIRT 4 it was like 11:00 CET in the morning.

The daily reset for challenges is 11am BST at the moment.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 3:05 PM, agamer1 said:

So I can can confirm a daily challenge in the special events section also counts for this trophy as long as it is the group b rwd and you do it in the audi quattro of course. 

I've logged in just now and the trophy popped for me, so it does not have to be in the community events tab like the trophy states. This means you will get more chances to do this trophy, rather than having to wait 3-4 days for a refresh, it might only take 1-2 days 

Whats the difference between a special event and a community event? I had assumed one was online against real players and the other offline against bots, but then that's what the AI challenge is for... quite confusing!

2 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Whats the difference between a special event and a community event? I had assumed one was online against real players and the other offline against bots, but then that's what the AI challenge is for... quite confusing!

Both events still seem to have an online leader board, so you are still competing with real people. I personally didn't think it would work, but the day after I logged in the trophy popped for me 

A group b (4wd event (Quattro trophy) has appeared today Friday 17th April but it’s a bonus event so to participate you need to own the Finland rally 

it has been a week now since a standard daily challenge went live so are codemasters trying to tempt ps plus owners into a making additional purchases to get this trophy done and out the way?

3 minutes ago, ValeNort46 said:

it has been a week now since a standard daily challenge went live so are codemasters trying to tempt ps plus owners into a making additional purchases to get this trophy done and out the way?

I really don't think that Codemasters cares much about the trophy-hunters – nobody can tell for sure though. But it is not the first time that there is no Group B Event for several days. 

11 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I really don't think that Codemasters cares much about the trophy-hunters – nobody can tell for sure though. But it is not the first time that there is no Group B Event for several days. 

I don't know if they are doing it on purpose, but it worked with me ?. Just bought the year one pass. I will try to get all those dlc trophies as well.

11 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

A group b (4wd event (Quattro trophy) has appeared today Friday 17th April but it’s a bonus event so to participate you need to own the Finland rally 

I tried and ended on tier 2. I am getting close to this quattro challenge!!

I have seen sometimes there is a chance to get a better tier position if many players are doing bad tries.

Lets see tomorrow how the final results are?

@agamer1 Posted above saying the Special Events count for the trophy (as well as the Community Events) so I'm assuming both of those 2 challenges today count. I think one is a promo for the Welsh? Rally and the other one of the Spanish stages. If anyone has attempted it today and knows which one it is that'd awesome then I can have a practice before I attempt it.

Edited by EIdain
Spelling
  • Like 1

Well I just tried and failed to reach tier 1. I was about 9 seconds out after making a small error. It's lead me to the conclusion that this is the most difficult PlayStation trophy in this game (including DLC) AND the history of racing games. Here's why:

- Both luck (which course you get, the performance of other players, how many participate that day etc) and skill are required.
- You can spend hours practicing in different modes, all for nothing. A massive time-sink all for nothing is demoralizing.
- There are no do-overs, if you fuck up you cannot retry. This is crucial because on other challenging racing games it's a case of rinse and repeat til you get it right.
- You need a near-perfect race.
- The car handles terribly and puts you at an unfair advantage to those with different vehicles.
- To place within the top 25% of the players means that you have to be in the minority, the odds are always against you.

It really is such a daunting task for trophy hunters.

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 3