For Players That Played The Classic Version Already (Spoilers If You Haven't Beaten The Classic Game)

So here is my thing. I don't mind the game being in parts. They have added a ton of stuff to the game from what I have seen so far. Haven't beaten it yet, only on Chapter 8 right now. My question is what happens post Midgar? Will they add the open world aspect where we can visit the other towns? Bring in the Highwind, the Tiny Bronco, the Submarine, the Buggy, etc. I'm hoping it is all added. I want to explore the entire world. I just don't know how it will be possible with the amount of detail they have shown in this first part of the series. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the matter?

I haven't finished Remake, so maybe it touches on how some of the other towns and world may look, but pretty early in the game you...

Spoiler

get a glimpse of Nibelheim

... and having seen that, it looks to me like they can probably scale the world down to something you can run through or re-envision the game to the point where you have some sort of vehicle to traverse.  Kinda like FFXV but likely a step further in scope.  There's a lot of story packed into these places, but most of the towns themselves in FFVII are pretty small.  Not sure if it'll have all the same vehicles as the original, but I could see some making an appearance.

I doubt any other place in FFVII's world will get the level of detail that Midgar got.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

The open world in Final Fantasy XV was pretty great in my opinion, I'd be fine with something like that. I just hope they keep all the iconic locations and make them as detailed as possible. It'll be a huge undertaking for sure, which is why I'm not expecting a release until at least 2023.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

Honestly, if they had wanted to do it the overworld way, part 1 would've not been just Midgar but in the vein of Dragon Quest XI or Ni no Kuni. Doubt we'll see anything but linear segments that have been expanded unless they'll radically alter games post part 1.

I can't take credit for this because someone on the forums already hinted at the idea, but I suppose the "episodes" or "phases" of the FF7R could evolve somewhat like what we saw with XIII. Thirteen was exceedingly linear without any concept of open-wordly-ness until a very specific point in the game, at which time there was a... paradigm shift. (See what I did there????) Whatever happens, it is going to be interesting. I'm looking forward to however it plays out.

With the amount of story and content packed into the linear aspect of the FF7 Remake, I actually don't mind the idea of the same being the case for the next FF7 Remake episode(?). They could easily do what they did with FFX, it was still linear with added semi-open areas, but there was a great deal of back and forth traversal which added more depth.

On the flip-side I adored the open world of FFXV so I wouldn't mind if they went that route either. Heck, if they were that ballsy, they could combine the two for different situations. One thing is for sure, I can't wait to see what they do with the next game.