Tip for "Don't Move" Sections

Matticus182

So this whole COVID quarantine thing has got me cleaning up old games and I'm finally getting back to this game to get my platinum.

With 3 kids under 6 I've been playing most of this via the Remote Play app so they don't see the game. As I'm nearing the end of the game there are more and more "Don't Move" sections that rely on the 6-axis feature of the DualShock4. However, neither the rumble feature nor the 6-axis feature work during remote play making it literally impossible to fail one of those sections. These sections aren't too difficult with some practice and anticipation, especially if you turn off ruble and set the controller on a table, but if you're struggling to keep everyone alive because of any of the "Don't Move" QTE's, try using the Remote Play app on your tablet/computer/phone.

Important note: when using a DualShock4 via bluetooth, the touchpad also doesn't work. Luckily you can just use the "on screen" version of the touchpad to read any collectibles or get past any part that requires it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27.7.2022 at 6:57 PM, tranquility101 said:

Are there some of these "Don't Move" sections that you are destined to fail no matter what? Swear I was keeping totally still but the light bar shadow started moving in Chapter 8 or so when me and another person went back to one of the smaller cabins to see if a person was there.

No every one of the dont move are win-able so you must have moved a little bit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of "don't move" sections, does anyone know if failing the one in chapter 9 with Mike unlocks the skillful wolf-man trophy? I accidentally kicked the wolf in chapter 5, it didn't follow him when Mike tries to get it to jump after him, but it still unlocked for me when chapter 9 ended despite every guide out there saying I should've been locked out of it. Very confused atm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.09.2022 at 9:09 AM, GoldenHail said:

Speaking of "don't move" sections, does anyone know if failing the one in chapter 9 with Mike unlocks the skillful wolf-man trophy? I accidentally kicked the wolf in chapter 5, it didn't follow him when Mike tries to get it to jump after him, but it still unlocked for me when chapter 9 ended despite every guide out there saying I should've been locked out of it. Very confused atm.

You can make amends with the wolf, do you remember if you gave him a bone/pet him? Also Wolfie never follows you down the hole after the run/barricade choice.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, Varhur said:

You can make amends with the wolf, do you remember if you gave him a bone/pet him? Also Wolfie never follows you down the hole after the run/barricade choice.

I gave him a bone afterwards so that might've been it. It was a pleasant surprise seeing it unlock after the knee jerk reaction, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2020 at 8:28 PM, Matticus182 said:

So this whole COVID quarantine thing has got me cleaning up old games and I'm finally getting back to this game to get my platinum.

With 3 kids under 6 I've been playing most of this via the Remote Play app so they don't see the game. As I'm nearing the end of the game there are more and more "Don't Move" sections that rely on the 6-axis feature of the DualShock4. However, neither the rumble feature nor the 6-axis feature work during remote play making it literally impossible to fail one of those sections. These sections aren't too difficult with some practice and anticipation, especially if you turn off ruble and set the controller on a table, but if you're struggling to keep everyone alive because of any of the "Don't Move" QTE's, try using the Remote Play app on your tablet/computer/phone.

Important note: when using a DualShock4 via bluetooth, the touchpad also doesn't work. Luckily you can just use the "on screen" version of the touchpad to read any collectibles or get past any part that requires it.

Hey, so I'm using Remote Play to my phone and everything on the controller works, 6-axis etc... What am I doing wrong? How can I make sure that they stay disabled?

18 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Putting the controller down is likely the best option, just don't put it on your lap otherwise you'll move and not even notice it.

Got the Plat a few hours ago.  I hope I don't encounter a game with mechanics like that again though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing the game these days, I have currently finished my first blind run, and now I have to do another run with a walktrough for the trophies. So far I have failed only one don't move section, and I am worried to fail others. I have thinked of put the controller down, seem pretty logical, but how do you do it? The game want you to stay still, if you move the controller to put it down, you are moving, so doesn't it will register as a movement? I'm confused about it, I know it seems a stupid thing. Only way I can think of making it sure is to play all the time with the controller already on a table or something like that. ?

Edited by Play3GianniGreed

53 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

I'm playing the game these days, I have currently finished my first blind run, and now I have to do another run with a walktrough for the trophies. So far I have failed only one don't move section, and I am worried to fail others. I have thinked of put the controller down, seem pretty logical, but how do you do it? The game want you to stay still, if you move the controller to put it down, you are moving, so doesn't it will register as a movement? I'm confused about it, I know it seems a stupid thing. Only way I can think of making it sure is to play all the time with the controller already on a table or something like that. 1f914.png

Nothing to worry about if following the video walkthrough from the PSN profiles guide - you will know it's a don't move section coming up and you can put your controller down before the prompt pops up and you're golden.

EDIT 2: I'm lucky as I play my games through a 4K 120 fps passthrough capture card and then into OBS in a slightly minimised state, so I can slide and snap in a guide on one side and video on the other, all on the same screen.

EDIT 3: Make sure to do the everyone lives and all collectables all in a single playthrough .

EDIT 1: Follow this guide's walkthrough episode by episode: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3871-until-dawn-walkthrough-collectibles-guide whilst watching this video as well at the same time: 

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can follow this guide:

It's a full walkthrough with commentary and every time there's a don't move section, the guy in the video will tell you and you can put the controller on the floor like I did ?

This guide will also help you with all the collectibles and the save everyone trophy in one go. A wonderful guide personally. 

Edited by bani24j