Traditionalist Trophy Glitch

Me and my group of boosters all had issues with this trophy not popping, then we got into a private match to boost it and I figured out that the trophy will only unlock for the host of the private match. We also tried not jumping, leaping or using any abilities just to make sure. But it seems to only pop the trophy for the host.

Also you cant let them bleed out or claim them, you have to keep meleeing them while theyre on the ground.

18 hours ago, WHATaHOOT_ said:

Although the trophy is extremely buggy, you do NOT need to be host to get the trophy. Me and a group of 5 all got the trophy under the same host last night.

Things I can confirm:

• You DO need to melee them while they are on the ground. If too many people are nearby (including AI) then predator will struggle to hit the downed enemy. Be sure there is nobody near by. After you kill them, have another fireteam member run up to you.
  •  Although R2 is always your melee attack be sure to actually equip the blades from the weapon wheel, otherwise it will show you killed them with your laser. (the killed enemy will be able to see what weapon killed them after they die to confirm)
  • You can NOT claim the enemy, even after downing and killing them. Use your blades and only your blades.
  • Be sure you have stamina before going onto the next fireteam member. This way you are able to have enough to not only down the enemy, but kill them. If they bleed out without your final hit coming from the blades, it will not count.

It got to the point where we were getting it on the first try after struggling with how finicky the trophy is and how it wants to pop. Some trophies like down someone from 100 meters away as well as damaging two people with one disc throw also seem to want to pop on their own schedule. 

With all that being said, there were still times all 4 fireteam members confirmed they were downed AND killed by the blades but the trophy still did not pop for the predator. The trophy is definitely buggy. Maybe that is there way of telling us to earn some of the trophies legit and stop playing private match. :dance:

I can confirm that can claim the kills. I claimed all four and got the troghie it's just biuggie. But how did u host a server. When I partied up the private option goes away?

1 minute ago, freshruinz said:

I can confirm that can claim the kills. I claimed all four and got the troghie it's just biuggie. But how did u host a server. When I partied up the private option goes away?

Click private match and then just invite them from there

10 wins so far, killing only with wrist blade, finishing them off on the floor with wrists blades, result screen showing 4 kills... And still not popping.. I dont even take another weapon with me and don't fire a single shot from the caster :(

EDIT: Used quick play too, not private or boosted and still made no difference. 

Edited by SupremeTerror
  • Like 1

Forgot to say, as well as the predator player being host, we also did it so the predator didn't use any of his items or gear/weapons until it was time to use the blades on the fireteam and we had each of the fireteam players reviving each other X3 so when the predator did the blade kills, it was final.

We were running into issues as well and this seemed to help, hope i've written that to make sense lol

Edited by llEnigma

1 hour ago, llEnigma said:

Forgot to say, as well as the predator player being host, we also did it so the predator didn't use any of his items or gear/weapons until it was time to use the blades on the fireteam and we had each of the fireteam players reviving each other X3 so when the predator did the blade kills, it was final.

We were running into issues as well and this seemed to help, hope i've written that to make sense lol

It makes sense but i've tried all that aswell, and still nothing, guess it will randomly pop sometime

Edited by Fragpuss

I did some testing during a stream this evening. We had a full group of 5, one person already had the Traditionalist trophy. 

Takeaways.

1) I was the host and everyone in the lobby was able to get the trophy

2) You can claim the trophies, quick or long

3) You must manually select the blades from your inventory. I switched to something else before switching to the blades, doubt that matters.

4) Private lobby is fine

5) Full lobby of 5 players required.

• Like 1

i know for sure that if you damage two people at once it can mess up the trophy.  Damage and kill all of them individually.  Kill one claim it long or short then kill the other and so forth.  This worked for all 4 of my friends and me.  One of us damaged two at once and it didn't work for him.   Also everything else previously stated must be performed like selecting blades from wheel etc. I don't think its a buggy mess i thin you have to follow a very specific set of steps to get it to pop.  

Select blades from wheel

Kill each fireteam member individually

we ran straight to the fire team as predator and didn't use any weapons or abilities at all.

Worked for all of us in consecutive matches except when one of us slashed two people at once.

This game is not balanced i trying to get this for days now Predator damage is too low to kill them just with the blades even when you unlock the berserker it takes ages. The fireteam always are on the same point together there is nothing that split them apart and you get shot down so fast before you down someone. And the missions are too short when you kill one or two they get respawnt faster then in any cod game. And those que times to get into a match as predator are hell of pain and boring as watching shit. I wish i could get a refund for this shitty game i never buy any predator game again typical shitty movie license game.

• Like 1

If you think you doing everything right and the trophy not popping, try to change the host. It works for my friends, we was doing it in private matches. BTW, just down them and do the quick claim. All the rest the same as the posts above.

On 5/5/2020 at 0:33 AM, Naruto_Senju92 said:

This game is not balanced i trying to get this for days now Predator damage is too low to kill them just with the blades even when you unlock the berserker it takes ages. The fireteam always are on the same point together there is nothing that split them apart and you get shot down so fast before you down someone. And the missions are too short when you kill one or two they get respawnt faster then in any cod game. And those que times to get into a match as predator are hell of pain and boring as watching shit. I wish i could get a refund for this shitty game i never buy any predator game again typical shitty movie license game.

If they stick together, try to jump on them, it's taking a quiet lots o damage, then try to finish them with blades. I rarely see people using the charge jump in quick matches.

On 30/04/2020 at 11:34 AM, PS_4Trophies said:

Just unlocked the trophy in a quick play match. I manually equipped the blades and slashed all the fireteam members until they were downed then kept on slashing until they were dead.

I did NOT claim once and didn’t heal inbetween kills, not sure if that made a difference or not.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I can confirm, according to a group I’ve been boasting with, a sure way to get this is being the host in a private match while the fireteam plays any class except Dutch. Apparently, Dutch doesn’t count as a fireteam member for this trophy for some reason.

Anyone who wasn’t the host didn’t get the trophy, but as soon as they became host they got it first try.

Edited by RedSkyKing