Around the Globe full AFK method

Lightsp33d1987

Thanks to @Schwarz88 for posting about the Bugatti in the other forum.

From the Youtube Description:

Around the Globe

Drive a total distance equal to the circumference of the Earth

For this trophy you need to drive approx 40,075km (24,901Miles), Thankfully using this method to can do it without even playing either on another console or do it while sleeping/working etc, I have tested this in a 20 hour session and a few 10+ hour sessions and had no problems at all so this should help you guys out all you need is a turbo controller which you can pick up a cheap one.

Edited by DaivRules
Added YouTube description

21 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I meant in the title of this topic. 
And yes I saw that you mentioned it in the clip

And is there a reason for L2 being used for gas and not R2?

You don't have to do it with a turbo controller you can config auto hotkey in remote play if needed, The reason for L2 instead of R2 as after 99 laps it won't continue as R2 is also for cleaning the car i think so it won't load up the game again but L2 works fine i had this working for 20 hours straight no problems.

12 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Whats the mileage per hour with this method? Or what distance did you do during a 10 hour session?

I think it takes about 2 hours 20 instead of 1 hour if you was driving yourself for 99 laps but this is great if you are sleeping/working, Longest session I did was left it running nonstop for 20 hours while I was sleeping/working and it worked fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Thanks to @Schwarz88 for posting about the Bugatti in the other forum.

From the Youtube Description:

Around the Globe

Drive a total distance equal to the circumference of the Earth

For this trophy you need to drive approx 40,075km (24,901Miles), Thankfully using this method to can do it without even playing either on another console or do it while sleeping/working etc, I have tested this in a 20 hour session and a few 10+ hour sessions and had no problems at all so this should help you guys out all you need is a turbo controller which you can pick up a cheap one.

Actually I posted this method here first before Posting it on playstationtrophies :-D

But thank you very much ;-)

On 2.5.2020 at 4:28 AM, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Thanks @Schwarz88 for posting the method and @Lightsp33d1987 for the video. Works like a charm. Leaving it on overnight as I sleep. May take longer but it beats the mind numbing repetition of doing it "legit".

It seems like the Super Modified Nissan Skyline is a better way to boost this. I am trying this for the 99 laps Right now, he does faster lap time than the Bugatti lapping around 1.19 About 8 seconds a lap faster. But i am still trying to figure it out if he stays in line for a whole 99 laps with such good lap times

4 minutes ago, Schwarz88 said:

It seems like the Super Modified Nissan Skyline is a better way to boost this. I am trying this for the 99 laps Right now, he does faster lap time than the Bugatti lapping around 1.19 About 8 seconds a lap faster. But i am still trying to figure it out if he stays in line for a whole 99 laps with such good lap times

I did try before and it got stuck in the wall but then i never tried again maybe i was just unlucky on that run but for me the Bugatti has still never got stuck even on a 20 hour straight run.

4 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I did try before and it got stuck in the wall but then i never tried again maybe i was just unlucky on that run but for me the Bugatti has still never got stuck even on a 20 hour straight run.

You using the Right Skyline? i mean the White one for 72.000 Credits, with the Gear Ratio maxed out. For me it is working fine at the Moment and he is lapping around 1.18 Right now

Edited by Schwarz88

1 hour ago, Schwarz88 said:

You using the Right Skyline? i mean the White one for 72.000 Credits, with the Gear Ratio maxed out. For me it is working fine at the Moment and he is lapping around 1.18 Right now

There is actually something weird with cars getting stuck as when I tested others they can be fine as well then all of a sudden jam into the wall for no reason, I'll test some others but so far the Bugatti seems the most reliable in doing this.

53 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

There is actually something weird with cars getting stuck as when I tested others they can be fine as well then all of a sudden jam into the wall for no reason, I'll test some others but so far the Bugatti seems the most reliable in doing this.

To be honest the Bugatti got stuck for me as well from time to time. But the Skyline is working just fine. Finished my first run with 130minutes flat. Saves About 14 minutes each 99 laps run. And i also figured out how to Keep the car on track, i gambled a bit with the Tuning Option so if you choose a slighty softer Setup (seeting every Option one to the left to "soft", the Skyline pushes himself back at the wall on the straights. Works for me smoothly, i get some slower laptimes, but i guess it is doing more miles each run,because it stays high on the track all the time and i think it Comes in at around 132 minutes flat. Great deal, i'm going with this instead of the Bugatti. 

And it is important that you don't have to buy the Season and you can just take one of the Standard cars.

Edited by Schwarz88
Adding some info

23 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

is there a way to restart automatically on the dualshock 4 controller? i cant find a option for it, maybe thats why it says on the video that it is needed a turbo controller?

Unless you have something that automaticly presses the x button im affraid not. I havent got a turbo controller and ive done bout 4 thousand miles this week. Whenever im not on my ps4 in the daytime i set it at 99 laps, sometimes less depending on time

1. 1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Unless you have something that automaticly presses the x button im affraid not. I havent got a turbo controller and ive done bout 4 thousand miles this week. Whenever im not on my ps4 in the daytime i set it at 99 laps, sometimes less depending on time

A guy above said he did 20h session without a turbo controller , so thats why i asked ,because i also dont know how he did that, i assume he didnt played 20h straight, but yeah this trophy is ridiculous, brainless grind

33 minutes ago, bdias10 said:
  1. A guy above said he did 20h session without a turbo controller , so thats why i asked ,because i also dont know how he did that, i assume he didnt played 20h straight, but yeah this trophy is ridiculous, brainless grind

If its @Lightsp33d1987 your talking about he is using a turbo controller. Thats why he can do 20 hour straight. He as made a video on his channel exactly how to do it

8 hours ago, Schwarz88 said:

To be honest the Bugatti got stuck for me as well from time to time. But the Skyline is working just fine. Finished my first run with 130minutes flat. Saves About 14 minutes each 99 laps run. And i also figured out how to Keep the car on track, i gambled a bit with the Tuning Option so if you choose a slighty softer Setup (seeting every Option one to the left to "soft", the Skyline pushes himself back at the wall on the straights. Works for me smoothly, i get some slower laptimes, but i guess it is doing more miles each run,because it stays high on the track all the time and i think it Comes in at around 132 minutes flat. Great deal, i'm going with this instead of the Bugatti. 

And it is important that you don't have to buy the Season and you can just take one of the Standard cars.

Maybe i was just unlucky on the run i did i guess any car can jam into the wall.

7 hours ago, bdias10 said:
  1. A guy above said he did 20h session without a turbo controller , so thats why i asked ,because i also dont know how he did that, i assume he didnt played 20h straight, but yeah this trophy is ridiculous, brainless grind

That was with a turbo controller i guess if you got a PC/Laptop you could setup remote play and use autohotkey to do the same thing.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, Wheatbic said:

For anyone who doesn't have a turbo controller you can use this guide that uses remote play.

Hi, have you used this method for the Around the Globe trophy? I'm attempting to do this but I'm stuck with the following part of the guide:

"Now you have to change Interact button to X, since that’s what your macro will be doing: pressing Enter (X) repeatedly. Save preset and resume the match.
Now, with both the Remote Play screen and Ghost Control opened, click on the green arrow that says Run on Ghost Control to execute the macro."

Obviously with Grid, accelerate is R2 so how do I change the interact button and get the rest of this process working? I changed the execute key on Ghost Control to 'x' as that's the option to continue after races etc..in Grid. Will this work? Or does Ghost Control have to have 'Enter'? 

Let me know if you have used this method as I'd like to know if it actually works and how otherwise I'll have to check the screen every 2-2.5 hours and that would suck.

Edited by thedarkness91

On 6/14/2020 at 5:35 AM, waltdisneypixar said:

No need to use the rubberband.
Hold R2 and press X for binding, release the R2 then press it again R2 so it says Inverse
Now it always accelerates without pressing any buttons

Can you clarify exactly how to do this e.g. what columns to change and how to change it? I am following this guide and made it work earlier today but now I can't do this!!! Do you remove the binding first and then do your steps in the first column? 

14 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Can you clarify exactly how to do this e.g. what columns to change and how to change it? I am following this guide and made it work earlier today but now I can't do this!!! Do you remove the binding first and then do your steps in the first column? 

Remove all

And i set the right and left because sometimes i want to do some laps until I got bored and the accelerate button as i wrote it

And the break too maybe to reverse

Youll never know (stuck)

Edited by waltdisneypixar