Problems with new patch for Yakuza 5

Lonelinessman22

4 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Well damn this sounds worrying. I haven't got around to slots yet, but i'll let you know if the same thing is happening on my end.

Apparently, this problem only affects to pachinko and slots, I didn't have any trouble playing the arcade games. 

What update Version are you on? i deactivated auto update for now.  thx for the info

Edit : nevermind -.- i see in my update history i already got the auto update yesterday ... Version 1.02 . Now we have to hope they fix this.

Edited by Xionx

So jeah , after getting out of pachinko minigame , the Y5 just closes . No Error message or crash , the whole game closes , I wrote Sega Support an Email. lets see.

Edit : Support replay, lets hope it helps , maybe if some more people write Support? :

Hello,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write to us.

We acknowledge and appreciate your feedback.

Although we are unable to confirm any further information with you, we will add this bug report to our shedule.

Please check us out on social media:

Best Regards,

Nadim
SEGA Support

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 3:11 AM, Asimb0mb said:

I guess for the physical owners it won't be an issue, but definitely a big problem for digital owners. Platinum is unobtainable until they fix this.

I have the physical version and I had the same issue, lost about 30 minutes worth of progress because of this.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

21 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I have the physical version and I had the same issue, lost about 30 minutes worth of progress because of this.

Did you try to reinstall the game without patches and see if it still happens? Physical owners can at least remove patches in that sense, whereas digital owners are stuck with this broken patch now.

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

Did you try to reinstall the game without patches and see if it still happens? Physical owners can at least remove patches in that sense, whereas digital owners are stuck with this broken patch now.

Have not, I would honestly prefer not to but I will if necessary. Hopefully they’ll do another update to fix the problem.

I created an account just to say (because I'm pretty annoyed by this glitch and lost a decent amount of progress to it) that reinstalling the game does not fix the issue. I have it for regular PS4 and I own the digital version of Yakuza Remastered. I even tried rebuilding the database and it didn't work. I'm almost positive that the latest patch they rolled out caused this and we just have to wait and let them know that slots and pachinko do not work.

Don't bother reinstalling Yakuza 5 or doing anything drastic, just let them patch it, however long that may take :\

So for physical owners, this bug can be bypassed, but only if you play the game from the beginning without installing patch 1.02.

A save game with patch 1.02 installed isn't compatible with version 1.00, so you can't delete the game and reinstall without patches to continue your 1.02 save. You'll have to wait for a fix or restart the game from the beginning without installing patches.

For physical owners who are starting the game for the first time, STICK TO VERSION 1.00 OR 1.01. Don't patch it to 1.02. Currently this is the only way to get the platinum.

Edited by Asimb0mb

Yeah, think I'll just wait for this to be fixed... I have the physical version but considering I'm already at the finale and started working on some of the 100% progress... don't wanna redo everything