First ever pre-order?

jimmypop01

I never found the need to pre-order until i got my PS3 because i would just buy random games and i didn't really care when games came out... i would just go to the store and pick up games off the shelf... i would only go about once or twice a month and just grab what looked good...

but when Marvel Ultimate Alliance came out i was into the Marvel universe and a friend told me that if you pre-order it from GameStop you would get additional content... so i did... after that it became something that i did for almost every game because some of them had extra contend and plus i got to play games on day one when they came out...

but now im back to not caring as much...

Unless it's a really shitty RPG.... Then you're all over it! :lol:

• Like 1

I think it was AC: Brotherhood. After the great game that was AC2, I felt I wanted to support the series (even now, with some series fatigue, they're still great fun to play).

Other than that, I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite; the Bioshock series is probably still one of my favourite overall series :D

In general though, I don't tend to pre-order... I've got so many other games I'm playing at the moment; I think i can wait a few months until some of the new releases are a bit cheaper.

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

My first and so far only pre-order was for the Assassin's Creed 3 Freedom Edition, I remember after getting it I was so excited that I un-boxed it in front of my friend on Skype and when I first started playing I was wondering who the guy I was playing as was. It was worth it though as I loved AC3

What was the first game that you Pre-Ordered? 

I honestly don't remember pre-ordering before the PS3 era. I know I could have gotten both Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Marvel Ultimate Alliance at launch, but thought against both and instead got both for Christmas that year (2006). While everyone else had already beaten those games, I got to savor them.

The first games I pre-ordered, I think, were God of War III and Just Cause 2 for PS3 on the same day, both from Amazon. They released about two weeks apart. The God of War III demo was also the first thing I downloaded from PSN. Early access to the demo was one of the pre-order bonuses.