Anyone else going for the 2 gt platinum's this year gtaV and gran turismo 6

andyb712

As the topic title states are there any brave souls out there that are going for the gta5 and gran turismo 6 platinum ? 

Me personally i am going for both and cant wait to get started i already own gta4 platinum and gt5 platinum and i cant wait to turn both games into a platinum collection 

Any other people out there that are willing to undertake the mounumental challenge that will come with both platinum trophies gta5 probably 300+ hours and gt6 probably anywhere between 800-1500 hours individual skill dependant 

I expect a reply from parker because you normally love anything gran turismo related lol anyone wanting to add me to grind out both games please feel free cheers in advance for the replies guys

Edited by andyb712
  • Like 3

My thoughts too mate time to dust off the dfgt wheel that enabled me to kick vettal's ass in gt5 completed the entire game with ds3 then just could not beat vettal so i had to buy the wheel just for beating him hands down it was the best feeling ever in my gaming career gold standard and then ding platinum

Edited by andyb712

I will pursue the GTAV Plat until I get it. As for GT6, well, GT isn't really my kind of game*, but GTA? HELL YEAH!

I WILL GET THE GRAND THEFT AUTO V PLATINUM TROPHY NO MATTER WHAT!

*I prefer more crazy street racer games like NFS or Burnout. Or unique types like Split/Second. GT is too realistic for my tastes. I find realistic racing a tad, well, boring. It's not like I never tried it though, I did buy GT5 Prologue, but I just couldn't get into it.

Edited by ShadowGandalf
  • Like 1

driving force gt mate made by logitech its around a 100 pound in the uk superb wheel for the money most people would have it in there real car if they could 

The foot pedals are a bit cheap and tacky but they do the job most people prefer to buy an aftermarket set of metal pedals

If money is not an issue there is also the g25 g27 and thrustmaster t500rs around 200-500 ouch

• Like 2

im defo up for trying to plat both them but still havnt done either gta4 or gt5 yet. not gonna bother with gta4 but im close to gt5. Anyone suggest any good steering whhels for it? done most of it with ds3 but thinking it be easier if i used a wheel.

The Thrustmaster T500RS is the absolute best wheel on the market right now, that is compatible with the PS3 at least. They are a tad pricey (and don't come with a shifter, that is extra but equally as awesome) but if you are a racing fan I really recommend it. I've used Fanatec wheels, Logitech wheels as well as other cheap ones and nothing comes close to the T500RS. 

If you are on a little bit of a budget though, here is the route I'd go...

Logitech G27: $250

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377781722&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+G27

This is a fantastic wheel that comes with (obviously) the wheel itself, a set of pedals with clutch, and a 6 speed shifter. It isn't huge so you don't need a big desk to mount it but you defnitely will need something fairly sturdy to clamp it onto. 

Logitech Driving Force GT: $140

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377781867&sr=8-2&keywords=Logitech+G27

This one is more of an entry level wheel that doesn't have an H-box shifter or a clutch pedal. It is of a lower quality in both the wheel itself and pedal set as well as the force feedback motors in the wheel. This is a fantastic entry level wheel though that will play so much better than a DualShock and just because it isn't the highest end wheel doesn't mean it isn't great.

One thing you should take note of though, if you do get a wheel plan on spending a few hours getting used to it. A lot of people think that just getting a wheel will magically make them faster when in reality you are probably going to be a lot slower at first until you get used to it. Keep at it and you'll shave those seconds off until you are crushing your old personal bests with a pad. 

Hope that helps.

Parker

• Like 2

I Will get both. hopefully GT6 will be harder than GT5. GTA V may be hard due to 100% (all gold missions?)

Harder than gt5 lol how much harder can it get earning every other trophy the TWO 24h A or B spec endurance races (which i did before the update which allows you to now save mid race i have the timestamps to prove it ) gold all licence tests 60 of them

Collect the 1000 cars for that trophy, gold all special events, gold  all race events in A or B spec beat the 3 vettal challenges (Yea beat the 3 times f1 world champion on his favourite tracks suzuka and the nurby) the nurby laptime in nissan gtr level 40 in both A and B spec, the air of experience trophy (B spec driver level 40) the list goes on and on

Im sorry if i come across as rude with my reply but it just annoys when people overlook the sheer time and dedication needed to platinum this game very few platinum's on this site maintain there rarity even after 3 years its stll at 1% ultra rare only few thousand have the plat out of like 300K players on this site

Harder than gt5 lol how much harder can it get earning every other trophy the TWO 24h A or B spec endurance races (which i did before the update which allows you to now save mid race i have the timestamps to prove it ) gold all licence tests 60 of them

Collect the 1000 cars for that trophy, gold all special events, gold  all race events in A or B spec beat the 3 vettal challenges (Yea beat the 3 times f1 world champion on his favourite tracks suzuka and the nurby) the nurby laptime in nissan gtr level 40 in both A and B spec, the air of experience trophy (B spec driver level 40) the list goes on and on

Im sorry if i come across as rude with my reply but it just annoys when people overlook the sheer time and dedication needed to platinum this game very few platinum's on this site maintain there rarity even after 3 years its stll at 1% ultra rare only few thousand have the plat out of like 300K players on this site

x3 vettel & grand tour eiger. not sure which event but it was one that you drive in night time with a ferrari. were the only hard events for me, rest was pretty easy IMO. even license tests is a cake. i found it very hard in GT3 but in GT5 it's a cake

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL

x3 vettel & grand tour eiger. not sure which event but it was one that you drive in night time with a ferrari. were the only hard events for me, rest was pretty easy IMO. even license tests is a cake. i found it very hard in GT3 but in GT5 it's a cake

fair point mate i will assume you owned a steering wheel from day 1 which would make it a hell of lot easier start a new account then complete the entire game with ds3 pad like i did then you would not be saying it was easy and you know it i did everything with the ds3 and then i had to buy the wheel for the nurby and suzuka i got gold on monza with the pad 

I know of one guy who golded all 3 with the pad called tidgney he frequents the gt planet forums PARKER might have heard of him maybe?

Trophies??? We don't need no stinkin' trophies... :pimp:

GT6 is enough of a prize. :yay:

Hell yes it is. This cover looks absolutely incredible.

gran-turismo-6-anniversary-edition-box-6

fair point mate i will assume you owned a steering wheel from day 1 which would make it a hell of lot easier start a new account then complete the entire game with ds3 pad like i did then you would not be saying it was easy and you know it i did everything with the ds3 and then i had to buy the wheel for the nurby and suzuka i got gold on monza with the pad 

I know of one guy who golded all 3 with the pad called tidgney he frequents the gt planet forums PARKER might have heard of him maybe?

Yeah, I've heard of a few people on GTPlanet who golded the Vettel challenges with a DualShock. Actually, I think our very own grimydawg did the same thing so it is definitely possible but very challenging. I don't really go to GTPlanet much anymore, or at least not the GT sections because the amount of whiners and trolls over there is incredible. There are way too many self centered kid over there who think GT should cater solely to them while forgetting about everyone else who plays the games. 

Parker

driving force gt mate made by logitech its around a 100 pound in the uk superb wheel for the money most people would have it in there real car if they could

The foot pedals are a bit cheap and tacky but they do the job most people prefer to buy an aftermarket set of metal pedals

If money is not an issue there is also the g25 g27 and thrustmaster t500rs around 200-500 ouch

The Thrustmaster T500RS is the absolute best wheel on the market right now, that is compatible with the PS3 at least. They are a tad pricey (and don't come with a shifter, that is extra but equally as awesome) but if you are a racing fan I really recommend it. I've used Fanatec wheels, Logitech wheels as well as other cheap ones and nothing comes close to the T500RS.

If you are on a little bit of a budget though, here is the route I'd go...

Logitech G27: $250

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377781722&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+G27

This is a fantastic wheel that comes with (obviously) the wheel itself, a set of pedals with clutch, and a 6 speed shifter. It isn't huge so you don't need a big desk to mount it but you defnitely will need something fairly sturdy to clamp it onto.

Logitech Driving Force GT: $140

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377781867&sr=8-2&keywords=Logitech+G27

This one is more of an entry level wheel that doesn't have an H-box shifter or a clutch pedal. It is of a lower quality in both the wheel itself and pedal set as well as the force feedback motors in the wheel. This is a fantastic entry level wheel though that will play so much better than a DualShock and just because it isn't the highest end wheel doesn't mean it isn't great.

One thing you should take note of though, if you do get a wheel plan on spending a few hours getting used to it. A lot of people think that just getting a wheel will magically make them faster when in reality you are probably going to be a lot slower at first until you get used to it. Keep at it and you'll shave those seconds off until you are crushing your old personal bests with a pad.

Hope that helps.

Parker

Thanks you both for the info I appreciate it, I will have a look at them all the suggestions.

Edited by blkburn123