A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

I'm definitely more of a casual participant in this thread.  I've restarted my pyramid and I've gone off the rules several times before I did.  I was never here to earn prizes though, I just like the community and premise of the thread (even though again, I'm pretty bad at following it!).  I'm good with whatever decision is made regarding the future, I'll join the new thread if that's the route we go.  I am actually really working on my pyramid now that I've restarted though!  Still getting sidetracked by a million games, but I am making progress!  

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, FFATMA said:

I'm definitely more of a casual participant in this thread.  I've restarted my pyramid and I've gone off the rules several times before I did.  I was never here to earn prizes though, I just like the community and premise of the thread (even though again, I'm pretty bad at following it!).  I'm good with whatever decision is made regarding the future, I'll join the new thread if that's the route we go.  I am actually really working on my pyramid now that I've restarted though!  Still getting sidetracked by a million games, but I am making progress!  

i know what you mean i am busy playing warzone and nba 2k21 instead of working on games 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 0:38 PM, Spinacheq said:

So far I have loved the first 3 in the Cold Steel series.  I played them on ps4 so I can't say how well the ps3 or vita versions of the first 2 are.  While there are no differences in game play, I think they might have made a few performance enchancements behind the scenes.  I do own the first 2 on vita, but since the price for those sealed has jumped very high recently I am hesitant to open them to see the difference.  That said you can get the ps4 ones for the first 2 for like 20 bucks in physical form.  But yes, so far I have enjoyed and loved the series.  I want to go back and play the series before this one trails in the sky on psp.  they are just very expensive right now so I have to wait as I just bought a new VR headset for my computer on prime day sales hehe.

I just started the first one and it's fun so far!  Kind of odd that they have voice-acting for the main character at the beginning but he suddenly stops talking out loud?  My wife who was playing her game beside me was getting confused with the 1-sided conversations!  ?

• Like 1

Little update from me...

I forgot I was participating in this event because of all the most recent PS5 games that have been coming out lately. I still have every intention of finishing off my current pyramid and starting a new one here in the coming months. I've been clearing out backlogged games in between those PS5 games just not the last few I need to finish my pyramid of course lol. I have Greedfall as one of the last 3 games that I need to finish and seeing that it just recently got a PS5 upgrade for people that actually paid for the game, I'll more than likely be playing that one next when I get the motivation to start another big RPG. (Just got the plat for Scarlet Nexus and that took a while and I'm all RPG'd out for the time being lol) I hope everything is good with @arsenal4life1471seeing that he hasn't been active on here for the past couple of months. It's cool to see some people have been carrying the torch for this event in his absence though. Here's my current pyramid as it stands and hopefully I'll have something to update on it soonish...

Spoiler

Level 1

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning :platinum: (100%)

Level 2

Call of Cthulhu :platinum: (100%)

Severed (Vita)  :platinum: (100%)

Level 3

MediEvil :platinum: (100%)

GreedFall (PS5)

Dragon's Crown (Vita) (30%)

Level 4

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) :platinum: (100%)

Far Cry 3: Classic Edition :platinum: (100%)

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5) (80%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Vita) (There's 2 games in this collection so I'm counting them separately) :platinum: (100%)

Level 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) (47%)

Borderlands 3 (15%)

The Division 2 (14%)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider :platinum: (100%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) (100%) (100%)

• Like 3

Small update cause I haven't finished anything on this in awhile.

I'm going to wrap up Yakuza in August and then likely work on Bayonetta.

I would like to knock out a couple from that tier, so I'll hopefully only take a week or so to finish Yakuza and get Bayonetta started.

It's been awhile guys. Seems like the arsenal has gone mia. I know it's been a busy summer so hopefully that's what's going on with him. 

I finished borderlands 2 story and almost done with far cry 5. Remnant from the ashes tho has taken that spot of game time that I have. I had it on nightmare and just couldn't beat the first boss. So I restarted on hard and now it's perfect. All I know is I'm gonna beat all the games I bought before I buy more. I really want to play re8 and a few others so bad. 

Gotta finish this pyramid tho! And hopefully cyberpunk is not bad on my base PS4 when I get to it.

Hope all is well!

On 7/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, FFATMA said:

I just started the first one and it's fun so far!  Kind of odd that they have voice-acting for the main character at the beginning but he suddenly stops talking out loud?  My wife who was playing her game beside me was getting confused with the 1-sided conversations!  1f604.png

Yeah, I can remember if they did the voice acting in second all the way through or not, but for the 3rd one they did, well at least for main story diagloue.  but that is pretty usual for JRPGs

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 1

Update time:

So last night/early this morning (Friday) I finished Eiyuu Senki's platinum.  It wasn't a bad little game.  I honest had wished it had a manual associated with it, and since in NA it was digital only I didn't get one in a box.  The graphics were cute and fun. I honestly didn't pay any attention to the story after the first 30 mins of game as it seemed to be a silly pulled into another world anime style one, but didn't even take that seriously enough to care, at least not in the version I got since the original game came out in Japan first.  Thankfully the game allowed you to skip the text which didn't add anything to the game, which was fine I wanted the combat anyways.  The funny thing is the guide on the site says almost 40ish hours for play through and I was almost at that with skipping the text.  I would hate to see what it took if I read it all.  This is one of those game that has some fan service thrown in in the way of the characters being dress suggestively we will say for all audiences.  But you really only say them when you read the text which I was skipping anyways so didn't bother me.  The music was good and kept the battles flowing well.  My only complaint was the dungeon that opened after the normal ending and once you were on the true route path.  It had a gigantic difficulty increase and were in the main game you focus on smacking the other team based on their troops weakness, ie brawlers being weak to swordsmen or swordsmen being weak to guns, in this dungeon you had to map out a strategy or no chance whatso ever of completing one of the 5 battles per floor.  And once you used a character and their troops in a battle for that floor they were off the table for the rest of that floor.  So yeah after trying for 4 hours to beat the first floor on my own, I looked up a guide.  There was no way I could see beating all 9 floors with out one without getting so mad at the game I would delete it from my hard drive.  Up to that dungeon the game was fun, challenging and good time.  Yeah you had to adapt and learn as you went but not as much as that final optional dungeon.  Optional to game play, not optional to the platinum....  Nightmares I tell you nightmares are that final dungeon gave me.  Overall rating 6/10, cute and fun but lack of a real story, instructions, and that final dungeon brought it down.

LEVEL ONE
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4) :platinum: Fun story interesting concept for doing the multiple playthroughs 7/10 rating.

LEVEL TWO
Final Fantasy 15 (PS4) :platinum: visually stunning, but lots of fluff and bland story 6/10 rating.
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4) :platinum: Excellent story, fun game play, intriguing and lovable characters.  9/10 rating.

LEVEL THREE
inFamous Second Son (PS4) :platinum: 8/10 rating.
Record of Agarest war 2 (PS3)  :platinum: Nostalgic sprite models, and decent story 7/10 rating.
Eiyuu Senki – The World Conquest 
(PS3) :platinum: Fun Grid-based game with cute graphics and addictive strategy battle system.  6/10 rating.

LEVEL FOUR
Darksiders (PS3)  :platinum: Decent game, nothing super stands out about it.  6/10 rating.

Detroit Become Human (PS4) :platinum: great sound, wonderful graphics, multiple endings where only one felt complete 5/10 rating.
Time and Eternity (PS3) :platinum: good character animation, but only 4 animations that felt weird and wrong.  4/10 rating.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (Vita) :platinum: Great game, fun cross between a lite visual novel and an idol producer game.  Sound/music was fun and energetic.  8/10 rating.

LEVEL FIVE
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) :platinum: 6/10 rating.

Lost Dimension (PS3) :platinum: 7/10 rating.

Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) :platinum: Fun and interesting story, little too much on collectables 8/10 rating.
Drive Girls (Vita) :platinum: Started out good, finished repetitively. Felt like it had more potential 4/10 rating.

Song of Memories (PS4)

With this platinum I should be at 42pts.  

So this now leaves me with more more game on my first pyramid, I started with a VN and I wanted to finish with a VN.  Honestly I swear I don't mind reading a lot for a game if the story is compelling and interesting or least imaginative.  While I would love to sit back enjoy this over the weekend it will have to wait.  As a job I have been interviewing for has given me a coding assessment to complete over this weekend and my time will be going to that.  If you are still out there @arsenal4life1471 come back to us we miss you and hope you are well.

Good luck to all my pyramid peers out there, and may the POWER OF THE PYRAMID guide you to success

• Like 1

level 1

Spiderman miles morales ps5 plat

level 2

wreck fest  ps4 plat 

Crysis 1 ps4 plat

level 3

Cabela's North American Adventures ps3 plat

Up ps3 plat

Saints row the 3rd NorthAmerican version ps4 plat

level 4

wolfenstein the new order german version ps4 plat 

lego super villains eu ps4 plat

wolf among us ps4 plat

Golf with your friends plat

Level 5

Wreckfest ps5 plat

Lego Indiana Jones 2 eu plat ps3 might change later to see if this one has trophies on it

terminator resistance ps5 plat 

Walking dead ps4 plat

bugsnax ps5 plat

i finally did the plat on Cabela's North American Adventures today. on to the next game have no idea what i be choosing

Edited by lucky0ne16
  • Like 1

completed jedi academy on both sides (light and dark) on 3/7/2021 but been a bit distracted last few days and havnt updated here, im surprised that no star wars game since academy has managed to do a better light saber combat system the game is nearly 20 years old, but then i dont think theres been a star wars game thats focused on lightsaber combat since. Im going to focus on my psvr games next to try to get through them as ive not bothered with it since february going to go for the plat on all 3 of them.

Level 1

Ratchet and clank a rift apart (ps5) plat

Level 2

star wars jedi knight jedi academy (ps4) completed
Swordsman vr (psvr)

Level 3

Blood and truth (psvr)
Knights contract (ps3)
Distrust (ps4)

Level 4

Tales of xillia (ps3)
robinson the journey (psvr)
middle eart shadow of war (ps4)
uncharted lost legacy (ps4)

Level 5

final fantasy 15 (ps4)
Dragon quest XI (ps4)
arizona sunshine (psvr)
resident evil revelations 2 (ps4)
This is the police (ps4)

• Like 2

so is this page ending and who is in the lead will get the 10 dollars, i dont plan on signing up for the new event due to me wanting to take a break so others can play

34 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Sweet, I'll definitely be joining the new thread once I finish up the last 3 games I need for my current pyramid. Will update once that has happened

Feel free to put the last 3 on a new list over there as well.  The 2 events are different stand alone.   I still hope that @arsenal4life1471 will come back and if he does both can continue independently.  I put the last one on my list here as on my first list there.  

1 hour ago, lucky0ne16 said:

so is this page ending and who is in the lead will get the 10 dollars, i dont plan on signing up for the new event due to me wanting to take a break so others can play

No this page isn't ending, we don't have that right to end someone else's event.  I intend to keep going and will post a new list once I finish my current one here.  As I have mentioned I am hoping @arsenal4life1471 will come back and I want him to find his event hasn't died and the community worked together to keep it going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Feel free to put the last 3 on a new list over there as well.  The 2 events are different stand alone.   I still hope that @arsenal4life1471 will come back and if he does both can continue independently.  I put the last one on my list here as on my first list there.  

No this page isn't ending, we don't have that right to end someone else's event.  I intend to keep going and will post a new list once I finish my current one here.  As I have mentioned I am hoping @arsenal4life1471 will come back and I want him to find his event hasn't died and the community worked together to keep it going.

i saw he earned a trophy a few days ago since i was looking at nba2k20  and logged on to psn profiles I check to see to see if he responded to my post