Rumor: Guerrilla is planning a Horizon Zero Dawn trilogy

Honestly I don't get why every game needs sequels nowadays. Horizon Zero Dawn was an amazing game but despite obvious sequel baiting at the end I felt the game worked well as a standalone. The story was told, the journey from lowest to highest point was done, the character had closure and basically has nowhere else to go but down at this point, the game already had the highest stakes too.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Honestly I don't get why every game needs sequels nowadays. Horizon Zero Dawn was an amazing game but despite obvious sequel baiting at the end I felt the game worked well as a standalone. The story was told, the journey from lowest to highest point was done, the character had closure and basically has nowhere else to go but down at this point, the game already had the highest stakes too.

Thats AAA gaming for you. Pretty much every big budget game is made with the intent of starting a franchise and Its much easier to spit out endless sequels then it is to create a new ip from scratch. Not to mention that the lore of the series is certainly deep enough that anything can happen at this point(we could even see the focus shift to a new character for horizon 3 for all we know).

• Like 3

I don't get how some people can read those trash articles and believe anything they say.

The ending and sales of the game already tell you a sequel is coming but these smut mags need to turn that up and say it will be a trilogy(why not quadrilogy or pentogy?). It is always some site you never seen before claiming to have an inside source. 

Yes, HZD is getting a sequel and if that does well it will get more games. Duh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Metroid-Prime said:

It wouldn’t surprise me that they’ll use sequels to push some sort of progressive propaganda on us, like some green earth concept or more “white males are evil and/or stupid” nonsense, more diversity needed” crap.

Sounds like a win to me!

In all seriousness, though, Horizon was a fantastic game and if they took what Horizon gave us and expanded on it, they could have a GOTY. Horizon was fun but shallow in a few aspects, although it excelled in others. I just hope they can come up with a good enough reason to expand the story and it doesn't feel tacked on.

• Like 3