Do you want to See God of War IV on PS4?

re-installer

I enjoyed every God of War so much. I haven't played Ascension yet only because I have been waiting for the perfect timing I can focus on the game 100%.

That being said, I wonder if I want to see the fourth God of War on PS4. Kratos' revenge is accomplished already and Ascension depicts the beginning of his endeavour. Adding more to the story might only complicate the storyline. Don't get me wrong. I am dying to play new God of War, but isn't it best to terminate the series on terms of the story? What do you think?

• 7 months later...

I love the original trilogy, but hate  Ascension, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus. If there is a new God of war for PS4, i hope they change the title to something like The End of all gods or anything....as long as it's got nothing to do with God of war. Add a new characters, possibly a unknown descendant of Kratos from the modern era. And this time we get to kill jesus and other made up things.

A modern day story would be great, They could even make the new character travel back in time to stop kratos from defeating the douchebags because it's destroying the the world in the present time. It's would be a great start at rebooting the story and retelling it again, but this time everything is happening differently.

As far as furthering the story for Kratos after God of War 3, I don't possibly know how they could continue on from that. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the franchise honestly since I've enjoyed every God of War they've ever made. 

I love the original trilogy, but hate  Ascension, Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus. If there is a new God of war for PS4, i hope they change the title to something like The End of all gods or anything....as long as it's got nothing to do with God of war. Add a new characters, possibly a unknown descendant of Kratos from the modern era. And this time we get to kill jesus and other made up things.

A modern day story would be great, They could even make the new character travel back in time to stop kratos from defeating the douchebags because it's destroying the the world in the present time. It's would be a great start at rebooting the story and retelling it again, but this time everything is happening differently.

That bit about killing Jesus is somewhat offensive to some people and I ask that you have a bit more respect for others regardless of weather or not you agree or disagree with other's beliefs. You're free to say whatever you like but again, I just ask that you take others' feelings into consideration before typing. I apologize for going off topic. 

• Like 4

i think it's better if they make a new IP. kratos story have ended with GOW3, ascension events happen way before GOW1.

wish if they do a full remake of GOW 1 and 2 completely with the ps4's hardware from ground up, and not another remaster that now it's running at native 1080p or something. but my point of view this time is to make both game as a one campaign mode, where after the event's of GOW1 ended, the event's of GOW2 will continue right after, and making the ending of GOW1 like an in-game cut scene.. not the ending, if this will happen we gonna have a long GOW game that i don't know it might take 20~ 30 hour long?

YES! I most definitely do want a GOW4 on PS4.

GOW3's ending wasn't like GOW2's (2's was a huuuuge cliffhanger, everyone knew there was going to be a 3rd game with that ending).

In 3's ending... well...

You can see a blood trail leading to the edge of a cliff (i haven't fogot eet :yay:) so yes, maybe Kratos IS alive after all that and we might see more of him.

But i do know there is no God left to kill... except for Athena and a few other Gods who Kratos decides not to kill for whatever reason (Aphrodite comes to mind).

So yeah... maybe 4's story could be Kratos redeeming himself after he killed all the Gods, because he did spread chaos everywhere, and there might be a way to stop all of it? Somehow? Who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

As far as furthering the story for Kratos after God of War 3, I don't possibly know how they could continue on from that. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the franchise honestly since I've enjoyed every God of War they've ever made. 

That bit about killing Jesus is somewhat offensive to some people and I ask that you have a bit more respect for others regardless of weather or not you agree or disagree with other's beliefs. You're free to say whatever you like but again, I just ask that you take others' feelings into consideration before typing. I apologize for going off topic. 

Dude the entire God of war franchise is offensive to Greeks. Don't be a poopyhead because i speak a little heebajaaba about one of the mythological figures.  If people can't handle the truth, it's their problem.

• Like 3

Dude the entire God of war franchise is offensive to Greeks. Don't be a poopyhead because i speak a little heebajaaba about one of the mythological figures.  If people can't handle the truth, it's their problem.

Okay, that's fine. Like I said in my previous post you can say what you like. I just don't want this thread to go anymore off topic than it has. 

As much as i love God of War, man, i don't know about God of War IV because of the story, to me Kratos is done...but that doesn't mean we can't get another great game, there is so much to tell from Kratos past.....be ready for Ascension, im warning you! :P

This. I haven played all except Ascecion (don't know why I haven't purchased the game yet), but I do not want this series to end up like Infinity Ward and/or Treyarch do to their Call of Duty franchise.

I love the GOW series, but for me, Kratos is done. What story could they bring'em up? And enough with the prequels. But like someone above said, Santa Monica should release an new game, with a new character and a new storyline, but keeping the mechanics battle system from the GOW.

its not offensive to us, lol.

And you can believe in what you want, but keep it to yourself don't shove it down peoples throats.

Anyway, back to topic I don't want a new GOW. Ascension was awful, and there isn't anything they could do with the franchise.

its not offensive to us, lol.

And you can believe in what you want, but keep it to yourself don't shove it down peoples throats.

Anyway, back to topic I don't want a new GOW. Ascension was awful, and there isn't anything they could do with the franchise.

Yea i agree. If you read my first comment you will see i was just giving an example of what they can do with the franchise. I'm not trying to offend anyone. They can go ahead and name the game Zombie jeebus : The Resurrection of vengeance, for all i care, and people will still play it. lol

• Like 1

I've loved the entire series, and would absolutely love to see a quality GOW announced for the PS4, but I just don't know what they could do. From a point of scale, where could they possibly go? After 3 where you faced down titans and the mightiest of the gods I don't know how they could top it. Also, all of the main characters are dead, especially any of the threatening one's. In short, I would be very excited, but I don't have the creativity to think of a possible storyline.

Yea i agree. If you read my first comment you will see i was just giving an example of what they can do with the franchise. I'm not trying to offend anyone. They can go ahead and name the game Zombie jeebus : The Resurrection of vengeance, for all i care, and people will still play it. lol

They could do a lot with the franchise, but if anything would save the GOW series, we don't know.

Kratos isn't replaceable. 

They should make the next GOW a parody of itself.

The new gods take power by some ridiculous and over the top method and make Kratos angry by calling him names and pissing him off in nonsensical ways. This leads Kratos down a bloody and murderous rampage to stop the gods and their bullying ways.

• Like 1

Definitely...... probably....  uhmm..

I really love the God of War series, it's so nice, I can give it to my neighbor.

But seeing God of War IV on the PS4, probably... I don't know...

That trail of blood in the God of War 3 ending after the credits is still a mystery to me up until now...

They should make the next GOW a parody of itself.

The new gods take power by some ridiculous and over the top method and make Kratos angry by calling him names and pissing him off in nonsensical ways. This leads Kratos down a bloody and murderous rampage to stop the gods and their bullying ways.

I like your idea here. HAHA.  :lol:  :yay: I used to call Kratos, "Glutathione".. he's so white...... he's so freaking white.. (his damn ashes)

• Like 1

possible cenarios that i can think of:

• Yet another game in the past.

• Since Kratos released the fires of hope into the world perhaps they can fix the world again, and a new generation of humans/gods/creatures/etc would begin for us to see the tales of

• Maybe they'll use that secret mensage in Ascension to create something we have no idea of, "When the Earth stops, the Journey begins" could mean many things in this universe... (And perhaps one day they'll explain how the fuck can kratos mess with the flow of time without causing any sort of hazard e_e

Well, i'm really short of ideas, those guys really made sure there'd be no possibility of a sequel with GoW3's ending.