Trophy feature wishlist

JoesusHCrust

9 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Can’t speak for the poster but I think people view trophies differently I guess. I view them as a historic record of my play, something to look at and remember as well as something fun at the time. Of course others don’t so no harm to them in deleting games.

However, letting people delete game’s and trophies will ruin the rarity stat. I guess someone who wants to measure “achievements” would also want an accurate rarity stat to give context to how much of an “achievement” a trophy is(?)

This! I also view trophies largely as a gaming journal. I can look back and see all the games I played and remember what I liked and didn’t like, even scrolling through and remember specific trophies. And then for others as thefourfoldroot said, it would mess with stats. Not only the rarity stats, but then having a high completion percentage means nothing. So then it’s almost like what’s the point? If you only show off the games you bothered to put effort in and everyone has 100% completion, then it takes a lot out of it. I’m mean if you can delete trophies for only the games you don’t want them on... I just can’t comprehend what others get out of that other than fulfilling their OCD of having a 100% complete profile. It’s almost like they don’t actually like trophies? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, J_S_R_C_N said:

This! I also view trophies largely as a gaming journal. I can look back and see all the games I played and remember what I liked and didn’t like, even scrolling through and remember specific trophies. And then for others as thefourfoldroot said, it would mess with stats. Not only the rarity stats, but then having a high completion percentage means nothing. So then it’s almost like what’s the point? If you only show off the games you bothered to put effort in and everyone has 100% completion, then it takes a lot out of it. I’m mean if you can delete trophies for only the games you don’t want them on... I just can’t comprehend what others get out of that other than fulfilling their OCD of having a 100% complete profile. It’s almost like they don’t actually like trophies? 

I explained the logic for it. I think many trophy hunters have some level of OCD and a completionist mentality. I highly doubt people will just start deleting 30 games off their list. If it’d make people feel better Sony could limit it to something like 3 lists lifetime to delete. However, I do think with all the server closures making it impossible to complete a game it’s a reasonable request. 

21 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

I explained the logic for it. I think many trophy hunters have some level of OCD and a completionist mentality. I highly doubt people will just start deleting 30 games off their list. If it’d make people feel better Sony could limit it to something like 3 lists lifetime to delete. However, I do think with all the server closures making it impossible to complete a game it’s a reasonable request. 

Yeah and I get that. I have that same ocd and completionism mentality! So my knee jerk reaction would be to want the ability to delete as well. But when I really think about it I feel for me personally it would take a lot out of it. I feel i would be less motivated or not have the desire to 100% games if I knew I could just delete it.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 8:09 AM, Klart said:

Agreed. Every game should have a platinum. We need a Trophy tracker and a cabinet of some sorts would be great.

Maybe some Trophy awards or a Trophy Shop where you can use your earned Trophies or Trophy points to buy digital things (avatars/themes/in game items). 

They should make a Trophy app that integrates some of these things. Something like PlayStation Home but for Trophies. You could show your achievements and buy or earn stuff with your Trophy points/Trophies.

this is just... wow *lots of applause* Award for this guy please! I don't mind much about not every game having a platinum (how would it be fair to something like Aabs Animals or Paint Park Plus to have a platinum? doesn't really make sense to me.) 

I would also want to keep needing DLC for 100% because I don't really see what would happen if you get those trophies while you already have 100%. List them as a separate game maybe?

I think on the store you should be able to flag trophies as unobtainable, either through server closure or bugs etc. and if enough people % wise flag the game as having unobtainables then as a gamer can delete the list, and as a developer fix your shit or not whatever.

alphabetize would be lovely. I mean seriously wtf, even a manual way of sorting location would benefit.

voice search via controller mic

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Everyone seems to agree with the trophy tracker idea, and so do I. 
I also agree that being able to turn off trophies for games you just want to try out would be nice (or perhaps like someone said, to hide unwanted games from your list). I personally don't care what games are on my list but I know alot of people would appreciate this.

Here's my idea: The trophy score system should be revamped so that trophy rarity would affect the points they're worth. For example, in my opinion the billion hours I've spent in the world of RDR2 or Los Santos should not be worth the same as tickling a jar of mayonnaise for an hour or whatever. I'm not in it for the points myself, just collecting the platinums I really want, but this is just my thought. Maybe add a limit of some kind. If a game costs 50 cents or it has a platinum earn rate of 95%, should it be worth 1200 pints?

Edited by rrohq
added an example

• 1 month later...