PSNP Trophy Hunters League?

BinkUncia

Hey all,

I know that it looks like i'm only a newbie to the site, but I really have been using the site for an age for the trophy cards, hints and all the other useful game stuff :). In doing this I have found I really enjoy the community here so I had the suggestion of whether this site hosts something called a Trophy Hunters League, where teams of 4 battle it out to try and achieve as many trophies as they can in a given period. I've seen this type of competition on other sites, and found it a great way to meet new members, and do what we love best!

I do understand that it is alot of work to manage such a competition, but I really think it would be awesome if the site had such an event  :D.

Also I apologise if this idea has been said before, and rejected.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Yeah I have seen this before on other sites, it's an excellent way to motivate people to gain more trophies as long as it stays as a friendly competition. :P

I would love to do one of these, but my university work kills away my spare time to hunt trophies haha.

Yeah agreed, but that's the beauty of the competition some people will be casual, while others (not me lol) will be hardcore! So then everyone can participate :)

Yeah I have seen this before on other sites, it's an excellent way to motivate people to gain more trophies as long as it stays as a friendly competition. :P

I would love to do one of these, but my university work kills away my spare time to hunt trophies haha.

Me too, I'm gonna start school in 2 wekks but this idea of a league is great I could join but I can't spend much time on PS3 when school starts, it's my last year and I want to finish it big time with least a 19 (the best you can get in my school is a 20 but I'm not perfect, and I can have a few 18 and last year got a 19 but that class was only 2 years so now let's see)

I think it would be a good idea. But to expand on it I think the same games should be selected for all competitors. If one team is playing Twisted Metal and the other is on Hannah Montana it wouldn't make much sense.

On paper, that makes a lot of sense if you wanted to have the most level playing field but, the truth is, it would never work because it adds too many restrictions. Telling someone they "can't play this" or "can only play that" would leave you with an empty sign up sheet.

The best way would be to have kids and adults, males and females, casual and hardcore gamers, wether you buy DLC or not, and tell everyone to have fun.

I've known the most extreme (2 Gamefly accounts, steady flow of coffee and energy drinks, gaming 24 hours/day and spending $100's on $3 PSN games, averaging 30+ trophies/day for 2 months straight) and I've known the most casual (like 10-15 trophies in an entire month).

It all ends up being about the community; not the trophies. :)

What would be cool if a new page of the site were opened up that would be purely dedicated to making leagues and teams where it was a page of different league activities and rankings and stuff and there could be top team of the month, top team of the year, etc. Anyone could make a league so long as they have 16 people ready (I guess this would be 4 teams of 4? or more teams than that?). Or heck! They could use the league page itself to assemble 16 players together, kind of like how the "Gaming Sessions" page operates for finding people.

There may have to be safeguards and restrictions regarding cheating or top leaderboard players can't be on a team with other top players or can't participate or something, but I think if done right, it could be a really, really cool feature for the site that people would come here to use and other sites (Like PSU or IGN or whatever) may come to PSNProfiles to use for their league system for their own teams and such. It would be an awesome attraction!

In addition, maybe we could have like an official PSNProfiles Summer League Event where the top 50 leagues from the past year all battle it out with each other for the months of summer until there is one winner, it would all be in a detailed bracket format to where the community could track the players' progress, now that would be cool!

I imagine it could take a lot of work though 0.0

Edited by BlindMango