VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

21 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

This was one of the funniest streams.  

Yeah, it was great that Mumei got them together to do that. She probably used it as an excuse to do something history related that she wasn't allowed to do before so it's funny that she found a way around that ?

I think the moment that was really funny to me was when one of the answers was "dry" and Sana said "Just like your personality" and the way she said it came off as like a diss ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

This was one of the funniest streams.

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah, it was great that Mumei got them together to do that. She probably used it as an excuse to do something history related that she wasn't allowed to do before so it's funny that she found a way around that 1f61b.png

I think the moment that was really funny to me was when one of the answers was "dry" and Fauna said "Dry, just like your humor" and the way she said it came off as like a diss 1f602.png

Definitely my favourite Council collab so far. There was some top quality banter, such as the part Redgrave mentioned, likely because they're all starting to get more comfortable with each other and the position they're in now that they've been at it for almost 3 weeks. I feel like Mumei especially has really come into her own. Hosting this collab made it quite evident how far she's come since the debut and the first couple of streams. It's almost like she's a different person now, but not in a bad way of course. I love seeing how confident she is now, even if my image of her being this pure/innocent girl is starting to crumble. ?

• Like 3

I watched a lot of VTuber stuff last week. Probably too much, lol.

I know I said that Mouse x Ollie talk show collab was the most adorable thing I've seen this year, but I just watched HoloMyth's 1 year anniversary celebration stream, and it was on another level. They organized a VR chat party and did a lot of fun stuff. They messed around in the HoloMyth world, performed some songs, and made a few announcements (won't spoil them). Of course, they had some technical difficulties as well. The ending was very sweet and reminded how far they've gone since the debut. I knew about Gura and Calli for a long time, but I hadn't been actually watching them until a couple months ago. Now I can say I'm a fan of HoloMyth, love watching their streams. So when the ending part of this stream started and Ina began crying, I felt that. It was definitely a touching moment even for me. Wishing all five of them the best and can't wait to spend more time watching their shenaniganery.

YcskrgR.png

Just like the week before, I've watched Ollie a lot. She played Smol Ame. You probably know what this is. It's a fan-made 2D platforming game based on HoloLive members, mainly HoloMyth and Amelia in particular. I know other girls streamed it, but this was the first Smol Ame stream I've watched. The stream and the game itself were fun. I actually want to play it now ?. Ollie got stuck on a few parts, but the most memorable moment for me was the Nekomata Okayu level and her song MOGU MOGU YUMMY. The last part of the level had that MOGU MOGU part of the track on repeat, so when Ollie got stuck and had to replay it many times, it was driving her crazy, and she started singing along. Here's the timecode. She even kept saying mogu mogu yummy in the next level. Now I'm fucking addicted to that song too ?.

She also played some Minecracft on the EN server, and left a surprise for HoloCouncil as well as Irys. It obviously wouldn't be Ollie if she didn't have an Apex stream. And she also had a chess stream where she tought her senpai Risu how to play the game. Ollie's chess addiction is as strong as her Apex addiction, She even has some plans in mind for a Hololive chess tournament. The problem is there's no one to play with. Other Hololive VTubers either don't know how to play the game, or don't really show interest. But that doesn't stop Ollie, and she keeps pushing for the tournament (or chess streams in general), even if it means she has to teach her friends ?. And it's paying off so far because Risu was kinda hooked by the end of the session. Ollie is not the greatest chess player in the world but she was teaching Risu pretty well. 

Watched some HoloCoucil stuff. Sana streamed Minecraft twice last week. She was just having fun with her genmates. I had those streams on the background while doing stuff. Did the same with her drawing stream where she was drawing emotes for her channel, it was pretty chill. Caught a part of her very long Celeste stream. I want to play the game myself so I don't want to see too much, but I liked how she played it. One thing I like about Sana is that she doesn't give up, doesn't lower the difficulty, and tries not to miss anything. She did this in Celeste with strawberries, and she did this in her WarioWare stream. She kept trying to beat the last boss without using continues, and she did it. Kinda reminds me of that one Bloodstained stream with Calli. She's the same way. She kept going until the end, retrying the last bosses many times, spent 11 hours, and finished literally one minute before she had to end the stream and start another one. That was so crazy and so satisfying, it made all the countless attempts worth it.

I also finally witnessed how much of a strict boss Kronii is during her 3rd Frospunk stream. Haven't watched the previous ones, but I've seen the Frostpunk memes, and tuned in. Yeah, she's pretty funny. Everything she touches turns into memes, no wonder she is the most popular Council member at the moment. Other than that, not much else. Watched the interaction between Mumei and Gura in Minecraft and saw a part of the Fauna's Mario Kart stream. Completely skipped Bae's steams again. Welp. I'll check out one of the old ones maybe. She's done a lot of stuff. Tbh, they're all doing great.

• Like 4

Great write-up @Slava!

I watched Myth's 1 year anniversary stream as well. Crazy to think it's been so long since they debuted! At the same time though, I have a hard time imagining my life without them. Watching Hololive, especially the English branch, has become part of my daily routine. Looking back now, life felt so empty without them. ?

But yeah, other than a few technical issues, the stream itself was awesome! The whole VR Chat thing was a great idea. I loved how each of the Myth girls had their own room that matched their theme. There were a lot of hilarious moments thanks to their Smol models doing some funky stuff. ?

zezF9oQ.pngA1DS6tW.jpg4umFB9T.pngq89mOLw.png

It might not have been a proper 3D debut, but it was the next best thing. It will be nice when they can all get together one day and do it for real.

4 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I caught the 1 Year Anniversary live.  It was all fun and games until Ina started crying.  Then Gura started crying.  The other three started crying.  The 100k people watching started crying.  I loved the highlight reel at the end and the handwritten letters.

Yeah, I had a hard time holding it together when Ina started crying too. The highlight reel at the end was really sweet. It shows how far they've all come since debut. The letters were a nice touch. But man, that clip of Ame talking about losing someone she cared for fucked me up at the time, and it still fucks me up watching it now. ?

Unrelated to the Myth anniversary stream, but I figured I'd bring attention to Haachama's recent English karaoke stream, and specifically the song she dedicated to Mumei. ❤️

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

The one year anniversary stream was really nice. The montage at the end where it showed from where they started to where they are now was especially nice since it showed how much more confident they got. And yeah the handwritten notes in the credits were pretty sweet. I like how Gura mentioned she still has some games to finish so maybe she will remember Super Metroid and Skyrim before Todd decides to re-release Skyrim once again ?

It was also funny watching them mess around with the props like here ?

But yeah, it was a great anniversary and I look forward to seeing what they do after another year. I hope the GEN2 girls do just as well.

• Like 4

A lot of Hololive Minecraft collabs happened this week. Both official and unofficial. I was able to catch most of the streams live. It seems like EN members often play off stream, and there's always something happening on the server. So the girls just end up playing with whoever is streaming. My interest in Minecraft was brought back thanks to Hololive. I've played this game a little bit in the past, and these streams are making me want to jump in again so much.

The Fauna x Mumei collab stream was hilarious. Mostly for the end part where Fauna burned everything with lava. This animation captures it perfectly ?.

Fauna also had another MC stream where she played by herself (afaik), but I missed that one. As well as Kronii's first MC stream.

IRyS had a stream featuring Ina, Kronii, and Bae. Kronii and Irys were just bullying each other for the most part, then went on an adventure together. The cross-gen collab ban can't stop them, they just play together anyway, only using an in-game chat instead of a voice call.

Pekora visited the EN server this week, and Kiara was her guide showing her all the interesting stuff. Most of the stream was in Japanese, but it was still funny and cute. Watching this made me notice that their laughs sound kind of similar ?. I anticipate more Pekora's appearances and collabs on the EN server. She will spice things up a little bit.

E_fpCpUVcAAURKG.jpg

Calli did a Minecraft marathon stream, and I watched most of it. She was building a carnival for the Council, basically a place to celebrate their future welcome party. Gura and Ina came to help, and together they built some cool things. It was a pretty long stream but a fun one nevertheless.

Probably the most interesting collaboration this week happened between the EN and JP girls. Marine, Aqua, Gura, and Ina formed the water-themed team called UMISEA and streamed their first collab in Minecraft which was hilarious. I'm not very familiar with the JP side of the crew. I watched some short vids with Marine (you know, some Yagoo dream-killing stuff), and a couple of minutes of some Aqua's Apex VOD (she's very good, what an absolute gamer). But that's it. I'm not sure what makes Aqua eligible for the team except her name (Isn't she a maid or something?) but whatever. They make a great team.

They also made some motion-manga series where they voiced their characters. I'm not calling it an anime because it's not fully animated, but I guess it's close to the style of The Way Of The House Husband show, so maybe it does, IDK. Anyway, Here's the first episode. I watched all 4. They were pretty fun, although the voice acting wasn't perfect on the EN side. And of course all of that was leading up to the release of their song. I'm going to be honest, I didn't like the short version at all :|. I thought It was all over the place without a strong melody to hold everything together. Maybe it's just not my type of music.

Other than that, I was mainly trying to watch Ollie and Sana and whatever unarchived karaoke streams that happened as usual. Gura's karaoke was great as always. She even inspired me to listen to some city pop. So yeah. That was basically my week in terms of VTuber stuff.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Slava said:

A lot of Hololive Minecraft collabs happened this week. Both official and unofficial. I was able to catch most of the streams live. It seems like EN members often play off stream, and there's always something happening on the server. So the girls just end up playing with whoever is streaming. My interest in Minecraft was brought back thanks to Hololive. I've played this game a little bit in the past, and these streams are making me want to jump in again so much.

The Fauna x Mumei collab stream was hilarious. Mostly for the end part where Fauna burned everything with lava. This animation captures it perfectly 1f601.png.

Fauna also had another MC stream where she played by herself (afaik), but I missed that one. As well as Kronii's first MC stream.

IRyS had a stream featuring Ina, Kronii, and Bae. Kronii and Irys were just bullying each other for the most part, then went on an adventure together. The cross-gen collab ban can't stop them, they just play together anyway, only using an in-game chat instead of a voice call.

Pekora visited the EN server this week, and Kiara was her guide showing her all the interesting stuff. Most of the stream was in Japanese, but it was still funny and cute. Watching this made me notice that their laughs sound kind of similar 1f601.png. I anticipate more Pekora's appearances and collabs on the EN server. She will spice things up a little bit.

E_fpCpUVcAAURKG.jpg

Calli did a Minecraft marathon stream, and I watched most of it. She was building a carnival for the Council, basically a place to celebrate their future welcome party. Gura and Ina came to help, and together they built some cool things. It was a pretty long stream but a fun one nevertheless.

Probably the most interesting collaboration this week happened between the EN and JP girls. Marine, Aqua, Gura, and Ina formed the water-themed team called UMISEA and streamed their first collab in Minecraft which was hilarious. I'm not very familiar with the JP side of the crew. I watched some short vids with Marine (you know, some Yagoo dream-killing stuff), and a couple of minutes of some Aqua's Apex VOD (she's very good, what an absolute gamer). But that's it. I'm not sure what makes Aqua eligible for the team except her name (Isn't she a maid or something?) but whatever. They make a great team.

They also made some motion-manga series where they voiced their characters. I'm not calling it an anime because it's not fully animated, but I guess it's close to the style of The Way Of The House Husband show, so maybe it does, IDK. Anyway, Here's the first episode. I watched all 4. They were pretty fun, although the voice acting wasn't perfect on the EN side. And of course all of that was leading up to the release of their song. I'm going to be honest, I didn't like the short version at all :|. I thought It was all over the place without a strong melody to hold everything together. Maybe it's just not my type of music.

Other than that, I was mainly trying to watch Ollie and Sana and whatever unarchived karaoke streams that happened as usual. Gura's karaoke was great as always. She even inspired me to listen to some city pop. So yeah. That was basically my week in terms of VTuber stuff.

I'm one of the few people on Earth that has never played Minecraft but it can be interesting watching them play it. ? I did see Kronii play it and when IRyS joined she got intimidated by her menacing aura when I'm pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding ? I also saw IRyS play some of it for a bit and skimmed through what I missed with the VOD but it was pretty funny when Baelz and Ina joined because Ina did her usual puns. The one I saw was where Baelz got hurt from something and she said "I'm good" and then Ina just types "hi good" ?

I did see that Pekora was getting a tour from Kiara in the server but I didn't see the stream. But yeah, knowing Pekora she will definitely spice things up and I imagine will cause of some prank war between her and probably Gura ?

And yeah the Umisea thing is a cool idea that I'm glad they decided to do. The Mario Party collab stream was pretty good and went well because of A-chan there to translate. It would be nice if they could do that more but they would need someone to translate for them and A-chan is usually busy with management and other stuff from what I hear about her. I still need to watch those skits they uploaded though but I'm sure they are good.

As far as Sana goes I watched at least most of the VOD of her playing that guitar game. It's an odd but interesting game and I feel like she meshed with the game pretty well so it was nice seeing her play it and get excited at certain things. ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I'm one of the few people on Earth that has never played Minecraft but it can be interesting watching them play it. 1f61b.png I did see Kronii play it and when IRyS joined she got intimidated by her menacing aura when I'm pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding 1f604.png I also saw IRyS play some of it for a bit and skimmed through what I missed with the VOD but it was pretty funny when Baelz and Ina joined because Ina did her usual puns. The one I saw was where Baelz got hurt from something and she said "I'm good" and then Ina just types "hi good" 1f602.png

I did see that Pekora was getting a tour from Kiara in the server but I didn't see the stream. But yeah, knowing Pekora she will definitely spice things up and I imagine will cause of some prank war between her and probably Gura 1f61b.png

And yeah the Umisea thing is a cool idea that I'm glad they decided to do. The Mario Party collab stream was pretty good and went well because of A-chan there to translate. It would be nice if they could do that more but they would need someone to translate for them and A-chan is usually busy with management and other stuff from what I hear about her. I still need to watch those skits they uploaded though but I'm sure they are good.

As far as Sana goes I watched at least most of the VOD of her playing that guitar game. It's an odd but interesting game and I feel like she meshed with the game pretty well so it was nice seeing her play it and get excited at certain things. 1f61b.png

Yeah, I came right when Kronii was wrapping up the stream. It's cool that she joined the game back again to mess around with Irys even though she stopped streaming. She has this talent to come up with funny things for content and entertain other streamer's viewers. Just like that moment in Sana's MC stream when she was spying on them outside the sauna. I'm 100% sure she knew it would make for a funny moment. 

Right, I forgot about the Mario Party stream. That was their first Umisea collab where they announced everything. That one was good as well.

• Like 3

My favourite moment on stream since the last time I posted in here came from Mumei and Kronii's We Were Here Together collab. The game itself was rather unremarkable, but if anything, that just made their decent into madness all the more hilarious. They got to this part in some ice cave, and what followed can only be described as an insane fever dream. It was great. ? Hardest I've heard Kronii laugh too. Mumei's really brings out the best in the people she collabs with.

13 hours ago, Slava said:

The Fauna x Mumei collab stream was hilarious. Mostly for the end part where Fauna burned everything with lava. This animation captures it perfectly 1f601.png.

Pekora visited the EN server this week, and Kiara was her guide showing her all the interesting stuff. Most of the stream was in Japanese, but it was still funny and cute. Watching this made me notice that their laughs sound kind of similar 1f601.png. I anticipate more Pekora's appearances and collabs on the EN server. She will spice things up a little bit.

E_fpCpUVcAAURKG.jpg

Watching the girls have fun in Minecraft has got me thinking about playing it again too, but I've managed to avoid acting on that urge so far. ? But yeah, I watched Fauna and Mumei's Minecraft stream too. Loved the part where they tried to steal those alpacas and got their just deserts. ? That animation is great! ? Fauna's solo Minecraft stream was more chill in comparison. Mumei made an unofficial appearance in that one as well, and they communicated with each other in the chat which was pretty cute. Also watched Kronii's Minecraft stream, and I put on IRyS' POV too when she started. It made it all the more funny when Kronii got spooked and started running away. I'm sensing a running theme where IRyS gets misunderstood and the other girls think her intentions are far more sinister than they actually are. ?

I haven't gotten around to watching the UMISEA Minecraft collab or the short animations yet, so I can't really comment on them, but I did watch the Mario Party stream they did which was really entertaining and CUTE! Like @Redgrave said, I'm glad they had A-Chan there to translate what was being said so they could understand each other better. The song wasn't really to my taste either tbh. The video was nice though. I wonder if Hololive plan on doing any more of these themed collabs in the future. The one that comes to mind for me is a bird theme since there's quite a lot of those in Hololive. ?

I also watched Gura and Sana's karaoke streams. I can definitely relate to Gura getting me into City Pop. Her debut stream where she sang Ride on Time is still legendary. And while Sana doesn't have the best singing voice, she sang with such enthusiasm that I couldn't help but enjoy myself. I'm sure she'll improve over time much like Ame has. Some good song picks too like Dango Daikazoku from Clannad and Fly Me To The Moon. I've said it before, but Sana's really grown on me. Love her positive attitude. Probably in the top 3 of Council for me now along with Mumei and Fauna.

I'll leave you all with this. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

The first official Council cross-gen collab has been announced, and it's not Minecraft ?. Kronii and Calli will play Orcs Must Die 3 together on Thursday.

Also wanted to mention Jump King. Gura has played it, Kanata has played it, Calli started playing it recently (and this is how I learned about it), and Pekora just beat it a week ago. It's basically a platformer game with simple controls, but similar in spirit to Getting Over It. Your objective is to go up, but the game is very hard and punishing. You may fall very far down. It's pretty short if you don't make mistakes - a speedrun of Jump King is like 5 minutes. But it can take many hours if you do. Pekora beat it in 28 hours. So you can imagine her playthrough having some pain-peko moments. I just saw these two clips and wanted to share:

Here's a clip of her big fall in the final two sreens of the game.

Here's a clip of her crying and then beating the game.

I'm happy for her. I don't think I would have reached the end, I would've stopped after so many failed jumps.

• Like 3

I came across this the other day and it's brilliant. I wish YouTube would have recommended it to me sooner. ?

11 hours ago, Slava said:

The first official Council cross-gen collab has been announced, and it's not Minecraft 1f601.png. Kronii and Calli will play Orcs Must Die 3 together on Thursday.

Also wanted to mention Jump King. Gura has played it, Kanata has played it, Calli started playing it recently (and this is how I learned about it), and Pekora just beat it a week ago. It's basically a platformer game with simple controls, but similar in spirit to Getting Over It. Your objective is to go up, but the game is very hard and punishing. You may fall very far down. It's pretty short if you don't make mistakes - a speedrun of Jump King is like 5 minutes. But it can take many hours if you do. Pekora beat it in 28 hours. So you can imagine her playthrough having some pain-peko moments. I just saw these two clips and wanted to share:

Here's a clip of her big fall in the final two sreens of the game.

Here's a clip of her crying and then beating the game.

I'm happy for her. I don't think I would have reached the end, I would've stopped after so many failed jumps.

I was wondering what cross-gen streams we'd see now that the collab ban is over. I'm really curious how to see how Myth and Council will interact with each other outside of the few teases we've gotten so far. I feel like Kronii and Calli have similar personalities, so they'll probably get on well. Orcs Must Die 3 is a pretty interesting game for them to play too. That's one I'm interested in playing myself. So yeah, I'm looking forward to that stream!

Oh yeah, I remember watching Gura play that one live, and I've seen one or two clips of Pekora playing it too (not the clips you linked though). But man, she has the patience of a saint for seeing that game through to the end. I've never played Jump King or Getting Over It, but it just looks so demoralising to get near the top, make one small mistake, and then watch all the progress that took hours evaporate in a matter of seconds. I don't think I would put myself through that either. ?

It looks like all the Council members are opening up their memberships this week which is nice. Well, I assume Sana will too, but she's on a short break due to medical reasons and doesn't have her schedule up yet. I'm definitely going to become a member of Mumei's channel and probably Fauna's too since they're my two favourites from Council atm. Also a member of Ame and Gura's channels ever since those opened up. Between memberships and all the merch I've bought, Cover are getting quite a lot of money out of me. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

I missed most of the cool stuff last week. All the cross-gen collabs, the membership opening celebration streams, Minecraft portal building stuff, etc. 

But I did watch some stuff. Watched Ollie x Ina chess collab. This was the stream I was excited for the most. I like how Ollie keeps inviting Hololive members and other guests. Step by step, she's making her VTuber chess tournament a reality ?. She also played Apex (as expected). One of those steams was a collab with Reine and Nene. I haven't seen much of Nene's content before, but I watched her POV this time, and she is hella cute. All three of them are not as good at Apex as Towa or Aqua, but it doesn't make their stream less interesting.

Here's a montage of some cool and funny moments from that stream:

Calli's recent Rap karaoke was fun as well, loved the energy. She also nailed the fast part in Rap God, which was super cool. The stream was unarchived, but she promised to do one re-run. She also issued a challenge to herself. She'll do a rap stream where she has to perform Rap God, Godzilla, and Pokemon Rap with 0 mistakes.

Other than that, I've been catching small parts of random streams. Bae x Fauna in Overcooked 2 was fun. AmeSame playing Worms WMD was cool. Irys had some cool streams last week. Haachama's stream where she was building HoloMyth pixel art in Minecraft was pretty cute.

Connor aka Cdawg came back to Japan and streamed for the first time in a while, and he did a collab with Ironmouse right of the bat, so I was there to watch my favourite duo mess around. Connor also started a 72 hour subathon over the weekend (it's still going BTW), so it was hard to choose what to watch - him or Hololive VODs ?.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

@Slava Ah, so you missed Baelz prank calling the other Council members then? ? I think the best reaction was from Mumei. I was only watching her stream at the time, so I didn't even realise it was a prank at first. It's funny how Mumei went along with it which just made it all the more confusing. Some people even started sending superchats wishing her a happy birthday. ?

I'm glad that you enjoyed watching Nene. She's probably my favourite JP Hololive member. Pretty much the definition of moe. ? That Apex collab looked like pure madness. ?

Since you missed the membership opening streams, I guess you didn't see what Sana drew during it...
She certainly has some imagination, I'll give her that. ?

I watched a ton of streams last week (like always), but one of the highlights for me was Ame's unarchived karaoke stream. It was a bit different this time around because she was using a 3D model of herself in a bee outfit. She even had control of her hands! ? She really is one of the most creative members in Hololive imo.

• Like 4

@Undead Wolf yep, I missed all of that. How many people did she prank? I'll check the clips. I'm never gonna catch up with the VODs.

I saw this horse on her Twitter, it looks .... interesting ?. BTW, Sana is not just a good artist, but apparently a pretty known one as well. A character artist for a few big mobile anime games, no less. I found out when I scrolled back to earlier Council tweets last week, and saw a quote tweet where someone recognized her artstyle. I checked the page, and the style of artworks I saw there looked very similar to the one in her HoloCouncil tapestry. There's also "Australia" tagged as her location. So I'm sure it's her.

https://twitter.com/namgoreng

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

We were blessed last night with Mumei doing a karaoke stream. It was a spur of the moment type thing, getting scheduled like 20 mins before it was going to start. It was also super late for me, and by the time it was finished, it was 7AM and I still hadn't gone to bed lol. So worth it though. Let's just say Gura has some competition for best singer in HoloEN. ? She was super nervous, which is also the reason why she hadn't done a karaoke stream until now, but she did amazing despite that. At one point she had over 30k viewers, and there were a ton of people joining membership, so I guess she won over a lot of people. ? It doesn't look like the full stream has been reuploaded yet (it's unarchived), so I'll just link one of the songs.

16 hours ago, Slava said:

I saw this horse on her Twitter, it looks .... interesting 1f601.png. BTW, Sana is not just a good artist, but apparently a pretty known one as well. A character artist for a few big mobile anime games, no less. I found out when I scrolled back to earlier Council tweets last week, and saw a quote tweet where someone recognized her artstyle. I checked the page, and the style of artworks I saw there looked very similar to the one in her HoloCouncil tapestry. There's also "Australia" tagged as her location. So I'm sure it's her.

https://twitter.com/namgoreng

Yeah, I've known about Sana's other identity since debut day. ? Quite a few of the EN girls were popular before Hololive. The information is out there if you really want to find it. I will just say though that discussing a VTuber's previous/other identity is usually frowned upon in the community. It doesn't bother me personally since I've already obtained the "forbidden knowledge", but I just wanted to let you know that some people don't want to see that.

• Like 3

I caught the last two songs from Mumei's karaoke. Would've missed the whole thing if I hadn't seen a link on Twitter. Yeah, she's not a bad singer. Hopefully, this stream gave her more confidence. She was kinda goofing around during her performances a little bit.

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Quite a few of the EN girls were popular before Hololive. The information is out there if you really want to find it. 

Interesting. I guess it makes sense. A lot of them have been very good at what they do from the start. Not like you can't perform at your 100% without previous experience, but it surely helps.

25 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I will just say though that discussing a VTuber's previous/other identity is usually frowned upon in the community. It doesn't bother me personally since I've already obtained the "forbidden knowledge", but I just wanted to let you know that some people don't want to see that.

Ok, good to know, I guess. If it's about the "immersion-breaking" stuff, I personally don't really understand that. However, I can definitely see how such off-topic posts could be annoying. If someone went out of their way to de-anon a VTuber or post unrelated updates too much, I'd likely be annoyed too.

• Like 3

It varies from person to person.  But even if it isn't a secret, it's generally frowned upon to go into their stream going, "Hey [real/old name]!"

Baelz anniversary was a hoot.  Mumei just rolled with it, guess it's my birthday.  Her and Seres played Overcooked 2.  Might be surprised to learn, she started a fire or two.

Selen played Mega Man 2 the other day.  Her losing her mind in the Heat Man stage was one of the funniest things.  She jumped into one of the blocks as it spawned and pushed her out of the stage.  She was stunned.  And later in Wily Castle the dragon spawned on her and instantly killed her.  And she kept accidentally using the E-Tanks.  And then finally at the very end, find out she's been using the sticks instead of the D-pad.  She played through all of this game, all of the first game using the sticks.  That's pretty impressive, but wow that made me feel my age.  Her first system was her dad's PSOne and it already had sticks.  I remember when that was new and there were some games you couldn't play with the wrong controller.

She's also been playing Dead Space.  Which is also very funny cause she doesn't handle horror well.  And apparently the PC port of Dead Space isn't the best.

• Like 3

Y'all, this might be a pinch off topic but I was wondering if anybody here has some knowledge on this one thing. See, it's about the games that they are allowed to play. Do they have to go through licensing and permission stuff every time they play a new game? What of a game that's already been approved by another holomember? For example, Gura got to play DMC5, does that mean it's clear for all myth and council members as well as IRyS to play it? From a business standpoint it makes sense, at least to me, seeing as how much traction VTubers have been getting lately. It's basically free promotion and arguably better than any advertisement at this point LOL!

23 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

It varies from person to person.  But even if it isn't a secret, it's generally frowned upon to go into their stream going, "Hey [real/old name]!"

Baelz anniversary was a hoot.  Mumei just rolled with it, guess it's my birthday.  Her and Seres played Overcooked 2.  Might be surprised to learn, she started a fire or two.

Selen played Mega Man 2 the other day.  Her losing her mind in the Heat Man stage was one of the funniest things.  She jumped into one of the blocks as it spawned and pushed her out of the stage.  She was stunned.  And later in Wily Castle the dragon spawned on her and instantly killed her.  And she kept accidentally using the E-Tanks.  And then finally at the very end, find out she's been using the sticks instead of the D-pad.  She played through all of this game, all of the first game using the sticks.  That's pretty impressive, but wow that made me feel my age.  Her first system was her dad's PSOne and it already had sticks.  I remember when that was new and there were some games you couldn't play with the wrong controller.

She's also been playing Dead Space.  Which is also very funny cause she doesn't handle horror well.  And apparently the PC port of Dead Space isn't the best.

I'm glad that she finally beat Air Man lol! :D 

By the way, did any of y'all watch Kronii's karaoke stream? GIRL GOT PIPES!!! I'm in love! <3 

• Like 3

Figured I would give an update to what I watched as well. It felt like I mostly watched Minecraft since Gura and the GEN2 girls mostly had that scheduled but there were some good moments in there too. I saw IRyS play and she had Baelz in the call and I feel like they did well together. Apart from that and the Mumei karaoke (which was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one ? ) mentioned above I mainly watched Pekora play GTA V which was pretty funny since there were a lot of moments where she would accidentally die or cause some other incident to happen.

My favorite moment in that is about five minutes in where she tries to flirt and pick up girls in a sports car ? And then later on during the mission where she had to chase people in a motorcycle chat tricked her into jumping off the motorcycle and when she failed the mission she goes "FUCK!" ?

And in this one she tries to speak English with one of them going "Put your hands up!" repeatedly as well as some accidental deaths ?

1 hour ago, Xugoshi said:

Y'all, this might be a pinch off topic but I was wondering if anybody here has some knowledge on this one thing. See, it's about the games that they are allowed to play. Do they have to go through licensing and permission stuff every time they play a new game? What of a game that's already been approved by another holomember? For example, Gura got to play DMC5, does that mean it's clear for all myth and council members as well as IRyS to play it? From a business standpoint it makes sense, at least to me, seeing as how much traction VTubers have been getting lately. It's basically free promotion and arguably better than any advertisement at this point LOL!

I'm glad that she finally beat Air Man lol! :D 

By the way, did any of y'all watch Kronii's karaoke stream? GIRL GOT PIPES!!! I'm in love! <3 

Since Cover is a Japanese company their copyright law is a bit different when it comes to that stuff so they have to get written permission in order to stream certain things. Over a year ago some members streamed things like Konami games (Pekora playing Metal Gear Solid for example) that they didn't officially have permission for but since they didn't have permission for it they had to private all those videos. A more recent example that comes to mind is when Ame and Calli tried to play Halo: Reach together but they had to private that since I guess something happened to where it turned out they didn't have permission to play it even though they thought they did.

As far as whether IRyS should have permission to play something like DMC5 she should since from what I understand IRyS and the GEN2 girls are able to play all the games that GEN1 and the JP girls have been able to. Not to mention Subaru also played DMC3 and Flare played DMC2 so I think it's just a matter of whether or not they feel like playing it even if they do have permission. Personally I would really like to see them play RE4, RE5, and RE6 preferably with Ame and Gura playing RE5 in co-op since I feel like they would have fun with it and there would be a lot of good moments ? But I don't think any of them have played those three for whatever reason even though they should have permission for them.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2021 at 0:16 AM, Redgrave said:

Figured I would give an update to what I watched as well. It felt like I mostly watched Minecraft since Gura and the GEN2 girls mostly had that scheduled but there were some good moments in there too. I saw IRyS play and she had Baelz in the call and I feel like they did well together. Apart from that and the Mumei karaoke (which was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one 1f61b.png ) mentioned above I mainly watched Pekora play GTA V which was pretty funny since there were a lot of moments where she would accidentally die or cause some other incident to happen.

My favorite moment in that is about five minutes in where she tries to flirt and pick up girls in a sports car 1f604.png And then later on during the mission where she had to chase people in a motorcycle chat tricked her into jumping off the motorcycle and when she failed the mission she goes "FUCK!" 1f602.png

And in this one she tries to speak English with one of them going "Put your hands up!" repeatedly as well as some accidental deaths 1f61b.png

Since Cover is a Japanese company their copyright law is a bit different when it comes to that stuff so they have to get written permission in order to stream certain things. Over a year ago some members streamed things like Konami games (Pekora playing Metal Gear Solid for example) that they didn't officially have permission for but since they didn't have permission for it they had to private all those videos. A more recent example that comes to mind is when Ame and Calli tried to play Halo: Reach together but they had to private that since I guess something happened to where it turned out they didn't have permission to play it even though they thought they did.

As far as whether IRyS should have permission to play something like DMC5 she should since from what I understand IRyS and the GEN2 girls are able to play all the games that GEN1 and the JP girls have been able to. Not to mention Subaru also played DMC3 and Flare played DMC2 so I think it's just a matter of whether or not they feel like playing it even if they do have permission. Personally I would really like to see them play RE4, RE5, and RE6 preferably with Ame and Gura playing RE5 in co-op since I feel like they would have fun with it and there would be a lot of good moments 1f61b.png But I don't think any of them have played those three for whatever reason even though they should have permission for them.

Aha! That does make sense! They do be having some weird laws over there, like censoring gore in a horror game? So I take it it's more if whether or not they are interested in a game I take it? It's funny because they always tend to ask chat what they wanna see. At one point I was kinda starting to wonder if they even enjoyed any other games aside from Minecraft, Genshin or Apex. I don't really mind the Minecraft streams but I've been having a bit of a burnout from it as well as Genshin. I guess those games are fairly "safe" and does bring in the big numbers. What I mean by safe is that it's not necessarily a skill based game for example like the DMC series or the souls games. I think the girls as a whole are decent gamers but of course chat just gotta act the fool and start back-seating and hate on stream, usually when they try a new game and get stuck is when the salt starts pouring. That's one of the reasons why I can't enjoy the Apex streams. Minato Aqua had to take a break due to the anxiety that game brought her so there's that. Sorry, I just had to throw it out there, been bugging me for quite some time. Wish chat didn't look at VTubers as some kind of circus where if you throw superchats they'll dance for you like some kinda monkey! 

Anyway! An avid Pekora fan, eh? I really love her PekoMoona Minecraft streams, those are legendary! "Hey, Moona!" is a quote that's close to my heart! Hope they do an offline collab once ID gen 1 goes to Japan for their 3d debut! <3

Edited by Xugoshi
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

Aha! That does make sense! They do be having some weird laws over there, like censoring gore in a horror game? So I take it it's more if whether or not they are interested in a game I take it? It's funny because they always tend to ask chat what they wanna see. At one point I was kinda starting to wonder if they even enjoyed any other games aside from Minecraft, Genshin or Apex. I don't really mind the Minecraft streams but I've been having a bit of a burnout from it as well as Genshin. I guess those games are fairly "safe" and does bring in the big numbers. What I mean by safe is that it's not necessarily a skill based game for example like the DMC series or the souls games. I think the girls as a whole are decent gamers but of course chat just gotta act the fool and start back-seating and hate on stream, usually when they try a new game and get stuck is when the salt starts pouring. That's one of the reasons why I can't enjoy the Apex streams. Minato Aqua had to take a break due to the anxiety that game brought her so there's that. Sorry, I just had to throw it out there, been bugging me for quite some time. Wish chat didn't look at VTubers as some kind of circus where if you throw superchats they'll dance for you like some kinda monkey! 

Anyway! An avid Pekora fan, eh? I really love her PekoMoona Minecraft streams, those are legendary! "Hey, Moona!" is a quote that's close to my heart! Hope they do an offline collab once ID gen 1 goes to Japan for their 3d debut! <3

Yeah, I remember seeing the blatant censorship in RE7 when I watched some of the JP girls play it. Like when Pekora played that Blackjack DLC instead of the characters' fingers getting cut off by the contraption they are instead broken by being bent backwards which is just as painful I think ? There is also other stuff like when the cop gets his head stabbed by Jack instead of his head getting sliced it looks like Jack just stabs him in the back of the head and his face goes blank. Or the moment when Lucas gets his arm cut off by Jack his arm kind of dangles like it's supposed to be cut off ?

But yeah, I think it just comes down to whether or not they feel like playing a certain thing even if they have permission. I'm certain they do have permission for Soulsborne games and I would love to watch them play them, especially Bloodborne, but those games are pretty hard to stream because no matter what you do chat will say you're playing it wrong even if you do what they tell you to ? I feel like it wasn't like that with Devil May Cry at least but Dark Souls is pretty notorious for it so I don't blame any of them for not really wanting to put up with that. I know Ame definitely says she doesn't want to since I'm sure she knows she will get frustrated at both the game and chat which just wouldn't be fun to watch in general.

I do get the burnout from Minecraft and Apex though. I haven't watched any of them play Apex in a long time since I'm not really into it and I only really watch Minecraft if one of the ones I really like are playing it or it's like a special collab sort of thing. It also probably doesn't help that it's kind of hard for me to understand what's going on since like I mentioned in a previous post I'm like one of the few people that has never played it so I'm really only there to see what kind of unfortunate accident they wind up causing or getting into ? Lately they have been doing unofficial collabs where it will be more than one in a call and playing together, so it's something different at least. Since it's almost October though, I'm sure they have other games in mind to fit the Halloween mood at least.

As for Pekora yeah she was one of the first I got into ? I think her playing MGS3 made me really like her a lot but it's funny seeing what situations she gets into during certain games and her reactions to things are funny to me. And yeah, her fondness of Moona is pretty cute and funny to see ? I'm sure if that were to happen it would be pretty great to see since who knows what Pekora would do ?

• Like 3

Yeah, Minecraft for Hololive EN girls now is what Fortnite is for teenagers - just a hub where they can do something together while they talk to each other in VC. Less like a game, and more like a place where they meet. I think, these interactions are the important part and part of the reason why they keep coming back to Minecraft.

That said, they've been hard at work on the portal area recently. They're putting a lot of time and effort into it. 

I also like their Minecraft streams because they're the ones where most of the funny moments happen ?. I saw one of Gura's recent streams, where she was out for blood once again, and picked Irys and Kronii as her targets. The moment where she sat behind Irys in her boat unbeknownst to her was so funny. 

Link to the clip

Also speaking of cute interactions in Minecraft, just the stuff like Gura and Shion leaving love letters for each other is fun to watch as well.

Clip

I hate YouTube for the amount of ads it annoys me with (I mostly watch videos on my phone nowadays), but I love how well its recommendations work. I watch Gura obviously, but I don't watch Shion. So the clip with her response is exactly what I want to appear on my page.

I'm not sure why Apex Legends and (sometimes) Valorant are only competitive shooters Hololive members play. Maybe that's because they're so popular. Don't think they can't get permission to play other ones like CoD, BF, or CS. Personally, I don't mind watching Apex. I'm not a fan of the Battle Royale genre, but this one is much faster paced than others, and just looks and plays better. It's still kind of broken though. Somehow, the lobbies in this game are more laggy then the actual matches ?.

BTW, I can't help but notice the absence of PlayStation exclusive games in Hololive EN streams. What's up with that? I see the JP members play those from time to time, but not EN. Do none of them have PlayStation consoles? 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2