VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

On 10/23/2021 at 5:37 PM, Undead Wolf said:

You mean like what the art's based on? It's from the recent Dead by Daylight collab they did. When it was Calli's turn to be the killer, she played as Nemesis and Gura was playing as Bill from Left 4 Dead which is why they look the way they do. I guess the last picture is showing how Mumei repeatedly went after Kronii a lot when she was the killer, and the first picture was that part where IRyS took a selfie of her and Mumei right after stabbing her. 1f61b.png

That one totally went under my radar! Time to binge all POV'S! :D

On 10/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, Ilzaki said:

And that KSon has the same character artist as a certain graduated dragon.

It's a mystery as to what her past identity was LOL! xD 

On 10/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, Slava said:

The amogus collab started at 4 AM for me ?.  I wasn't sleeping anyway so I watched the whole thing switching between different POV's. I hate the game and even the word SUS, but this event was still fun to watch because of all the EN interactions. I also happened to be switching to the killer POV's all the time which was funny. Yeah, Ina had tech issues, but they were solved before the second game. I can definitely recommend watching her perspective. You'll know why ?. You also might want to watch Irys'es perspective for the last game, she went on a murder spree. Also, one of the funniest moments happened there with her and Ina. 

Watched Risu's and Iofi's costume reveals. Haven't watched Moona's video yet, but I saw her new outfit too. I like them. I probably liked Risu's outfit the most. She looks like a cute witch character from some RPG. In terms of cultured stuff, yeah she kinda is lol. I saw a couple of her Non-stop Nut November clips, and that was enough to know ?. Speaking of which. November is close ?.

FCOkXHXUYAg6TnV.jpgFCOlQtTVUAI01DO.jpg

What else did I watch this week? Not a lot.

I checked out a Twitch VOD of Gura's and Ina's Digikomi Q&A. Learned that Ina's favourite anime character is Kaworu from Eva. That was actually the day after I watched Eva 3.33, heh. But yeah, Myth girls have been participating in a lot of conventions and other events lately. 

Saw a part of Pekora's fan creation showcase. Her fans are wild, man. There were at least two fan game prototypes, both with 3D graphics. One guy made a real mock RPG that launches carrot-looking "rockets". 

Watched (or rather listened to while playing GT6) Calli's rap endurance stream where she successfully mastered two hardest Eminem's songs and Pokerap. Her rap skills continue to impress me.

Other than some random Minecraft stuff and funny clips, I think that's it. Didn't even watch Ollie this week, even though she streamed almost every day as usual. Wow, what a fake fan. However, I did tune in to her Twitter Space where she was telling funny stories about her brother and other stuff which was unexpected and interesting ?.

VShojo has their own Minecraft server too now. Most of them are addicted, Ironmouse and Nyanners in particular. Haven't watched any of that. Actually, I haven't watched VShojo streams in a while. I turned into a certified Hololive addict. That said, I know I'll go back to watch Mousey x Connor collabs. At least the one where she had to give him compliments for 60 minutes. Can't believe I missed that.

Anyway, here's one of the funny clips. Mana (Russian VTuber) is teaching Moona how to say "Suka blyat" but giving her a wrong translation ?. Bamboozlement - 100. I wish Mana's English was a little better though.

Risu's new costume was NUTS! LOL! Get it? No? I'll see myself out then!xD

Been catching ID working on their minecraft server, it's coming along quite well I should say! Bruh, you're not a fake fan just because you can't watch all her streams, especially with real life stuff so don't be too hard on yourself! Just watching the VOD and commenting, liking and sharing is more than enough to support!

• Like 4

On 26.10.2021 at 5:35 PM, Xugoshi said:

Been catching ID working on their minecraft server, it's coming along quite well I should say! Bruh, you're not a fake fan just because you can't watch all her streams, especially with real life stuff so don't be too hard on yourself! Just watching the VOD and commenting, liking and sharing is more than enough to support!

True. I was 90% ironic calling myself a fake fan, so don't worry ??. I usually see that phrase used as a joke nowadays. 

I saw an announcement of the next big event - Hololive Sports Festival 2021: https://twitter.com/sakuramiko35/status/1452252843356737539

46 Hololive members (there are 45 on the list, but I know Calli said she sorted out her plans last minute, so she will be joining as well) are split into two teams and will participate in a variety of competetions in Minecraft: obstacle course race, pvp fights, etc (Google Lens dropped the ball trying to translate the other ones for me). Looks like it's not the first one. Has anyone seen Hololive Sports Festival 2020? Any idea what to expect?

I'm rooting for Red Team BTW ?.

Also wanted to share this fan video. You've probably already seen it if you follow Myth members on Twitter. It's an ending of an imaginary HoloMyth anime season 1. Looks cool, and Ina's song fits really well. There's also a credits text version that looks even more like a real anime ending.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

A lot of good Halloween related streams this week with the collabs and karaoke. There was the Devour collab that I watched from Mumei's POV and that was funny because it's a game that had proximity chat and so it was funny when they would get separated and you would hear one of the others muffled in another room. ? There was also a moment where Mumei tricked Kronii into getting out of her hiding spot and then when the monster actually came out she took her hiding spot away. ? There was also some Dead by Daylight which was fun to watch since Gura and the others get along really well and she seems to enjoy teaching them how to play.

For the karaoke streams it was nice hearing each of them sing songs like Spooky Scary Skeletons, This is Halloween, and the Ghostbusters theme. Fauna even sang Pumpkin Hill from Sonic Adventure 2. ?

They topped off the week with a VR stream where they got the Council members along with IRyS a tour of the VR rooms and played a maze game with some cursed models and also shared scary stories. ? It was nice seeing how they also premiered an original song to end Halloween off too.

But yeah, it was nice seeing them get together and see how well they all get along. ☺️

For non-Halloween stuff I mostly watched Subaru play Yakuza Kiwami and try to do the karaoke songs that she didn't too great on but oh well ? There was also a funny moment where she did the zombie Majima battle and said "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" while beating people up ?

Otherwise I saw Pekora played Cooking Simulator but I didn't see the whole thing. Just this quick highlight video where she drops food on the ground and says it's fine as long as the customer doesn't see among blowing up the kitchen as I would expect from her. ?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Redgrave said:

A lot of good Halloween related streams this week with the collabs and karaoke. There was the Devour collab that I watched from Mumei's POV and that was funny because it's a game that had proximity chat and so it was funny when they would get separated and you would hear one of the others muffled in another room. ? There was also a moment where Mumei tricked Kronii into getting out of her hiding spot and then when the monster actually came out she took her hiding spot away. ? There was also some Dead by Daylight which was fun to watch since Gura and the others get along really well and she seems to enjoy teaching them how to play.

They topped off the week with a VR stream where they got the Council members along with IRyS a tour of the VR rooms and played a maze game with some cursed models and also shared scary stories. ? It was nice seeing how they also premiered an original song to end Halloween off too. But yeah, it was nice seeing them get together and see how well they all get along. ☺️

Didn't watch the Devour stream, but the clips from that stream, with Kronii GWAKing in particular, were all over my recommended feed ?. Watched a couple of those.

The Halloween event was great. The puzzle piece collecting idea was cool, although I didn't participate. I only saw two pieces because I didn't watch a lot of stuff. But yeah, the Halloween VR collab was very fun. One of my favourite streams this year. I didn't expect they would do a stream similar to the one they did during the Myth anniversary. So much funny stuff happened, this was a gold mine of meme material. Bae's model alone had me dead during the stream, and then again after it ended when people were posting their screenshots and memes.

FDE1yjCUYAQA-3T.jpgFDEvE6BWUAM_3P5.jpg

FDG05WoXMAUkwjD.jpgFDE3RFDXEAUEpcw.jpg

So much Hololive music was released before Halloween. Myth or Treat was AMEzing, loved the MV as well. 10/10. Calli worked on 4 different songs all of which released last week: Myth Or Treat, a cover of The Baddest with Moona, Risu, and Reine, and two songs with Boogey Voxx. Bae released her first song cover. Kiara did one as well. I can't believe I liked all of these tracks. Too much good stuff in such short time.

Before the Halloween event, I was trying to catch up with some VOD's. I watched Calli's stream where she talked about her previous song. I was interested to learn more since the song sounded personal, and indeed it was. It's about her music career before and after Hololive. As a newer Hololive fan, I don't know much about her, so it was interesting to learn more and listen to her go over the lyrics. 

Went back to watch Ollie's first HoloID Minecraft stream. It had some fun moments like her being shocked by Moona's IRL proportions. I also liked the part where she was telling an Indonesian folk tale with some Game of Thrones level plot twists ?. 

In terms of last week's stuff other than the big Halloween collab, I watched Ina's second VR drawing stream, it was as fun as the last one. And also two Halloween karaoke streams, Fauna's and Ame's. As always, these streams make me want to add some songs to my playlists. Also caught a part of Moona's stream. Didn't know she liked Muse so much. 

Some girls hit big milestones recently including Kronii who reached 500K subs in just over 2 months. She's getting so far ahead of the rest of the council.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

Yeah, the Halloween collab in VR Chat last night was pretty special. Definitely agree with you @Slava when you say it was one of the best streams this year. Basically like the Myth anniversary stream, but with the addition of Council and some other fun activities. Myth's original song came out, and not only is the song really catchy, but the animation was amazing too. So many little easter eggs and references. Oh, and their models were hilarious, especially Baelz and Kronii's. ? Gura and Mumei had the cutest ones. There was a part where Mumei asked Ame if she could have some candy and it was so sweet. ?

She's also got them moves. ? But I've watched a ton of streams since last time I posted here and it's hard to even remember them all lol. I really enjoyed the Halloween-themed karaoke Ame and IRyS did. Of course Monster Mash and Spooky Scary Skeletons made an appearance on both. ? I've never really been into watchalongs, but Mumei did a few last week, and I just had to join in. She watched Scary Movie with IRyS and she found the scene with elder abuse hilarious. ? There was also a day last week that had a Devour collab shortly followed by one in Dead by Daylight, so that was pretty great. I was watching the Devour stream from Mumei's perspective and it was funny how the earrape jump scares had no effect on her and she just laughed it off. There was also a part where Kronii set her off by unintentionally acting like an NPC. ?

I still need to catch up on the Back 4 Blood collab that happened with Ame, IRyS, Ina, and Calli. Will probably do that tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Slava said:

FDE1yjCUYAQA-3T.jpgFDEvE6BWUAM_3P5.jpg

FDG05WoXMAUkwjD.jpgFDE3RFDXEAUEpcw.jpg

Love it. ? Baelz's model gives me some serious Mike Wazowski vibes. ?
EgS7JerWkAYmAEG.jpg

• Like 4

So apparently, Sony Music is launching its own VTuber project soon. 

K-ON! and 22/7 character designerYukiko Horiguchi will be involved in the project as an animation director and character designer. Kaguya-sama: Love is War manga creator Aka Akasaka will also be involved.

The VERSEⁿ project will center on "VTubers with a past" and depict a story of "girls who connect the world." The multimedia project will tell a story alongside the audience of the past, present, and future of the VERSEⁿ world across livestreams, anime, music, illustrations, novels, and manga.

The project will release an animated promotional video on November 12 that is created by maxilla inc. (DARLING in the FRANXX, Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia opening sequence motion graphics).

Looks like Sony is pretty serious about this. They got some big names for character designers, and they have some ambitious plans for content beyond the streams. The VTuber "market" is getting saturated pretty fast. Personally, I'll probably just check out the teaser. If I'm not impressed immediately, I probably won't bother spending more time on this. I've got plenty of stuff to watch already.

Meanwhile, Hololive Sports Festival is getting close, so here's a cool art of the Group C of Team White by Sana's character designer Pako:

FDB1o3faMAAExJJ.jpg

This is one of the coolest Hololive artworks I've seen, so I really wanted to share ?.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

So they had the sports festival last night. I watched from IRyS' POV since she had Mumei on her team and if I had Baelz (who had Ame and Gura on her team) and Pekora's POV up at the same time it would have just been constant noise and I wouldn't be able to follow anything ?

But this is what basically happened from IRyS' perspective:

-Mumei gave everyone on the team berries at the start as expected ? She also said she was going to do a "great job" at the ball toss. I think Kronii later on before starting asked her for another berry and she just went "Of course :)"

-Ame threw a snowball at IRyS before starting and when Miko and Mio were on stage starting the event everyone started throwing food on the stage ?

-Ame got second place in the first event she was in. Fauna got second in hers as well despite getting killed by the blowfish in the pool she fell in, and Nene got third in that same one. Haachama got second in hers, and she had a really good start where she zoomed past everyone but I dunno what happened to where she got to second since IRyS wasn't able to see her. I don't think Gura did so well in that race since I think she fell into lava a lot ?

-The topic of Santa came up and Calli and Kronii had some banter with IRyS along with Mumei and I think Moona questioning Santa's immortality ?

-When they were spectating, Ame was staring down Kronii and IRyS aimed a bow at her to deter her and Ame hid behind someone else ? She kept doing it and Kronii just said "She's trying to kill me" ?

-Pekora got a full score in her event so I'm proud of my rabbit war criminal ? She even went over to the spectator area to see Moona which was cute.

-There was an intermission sequence that showed all the contestants and the music that played was pretty freaking epic not gonna lie.

-Valley girl accent stuff happened with Mumei, Fauna, Calli, IRyS, and Kronii ? Apparently Ollie didn't like it and there was mention of a "spicy message" sent to Reine ?

-Gura did good in the first round of Red Light, Green Light game since she figured out the timing to it. Mumei almost didn't make it but she managed to pull it off. In the final round Haachama was last because she got stuck I believe.

-Kronii made mention of not liking PDA, so there was teasing about PDA for a bit after that. ?

-I couldn't really tell what was happening in the PVP part when IRyS was spectating but it looked like Ollie was hiding in the corner ? When it came to IRyS' turn for the PVP it sounded like they lost since the other team was more coordinated.

-Mumei got pretty sleepy after a while and she stuck with it but you could tell she was ready to pass out since you could hear her just kind of mumbling things. At one point I heard her go "Fauna, Fauna, Fauna..." ? Kronii and I think a few others were also pretty tired too since I imagine it was pretty late for them.

-Rushia, Pekora, Mumei, Roboco, and a couple others did a cheer dance together after someone else started it.

-When the final race finished they celebrated and I think I heard Mumei say "We all did it without hating one another" ? But it sounded like there wasn't an actual winner and so everyone just opted to say that everyone won and that the winners were the friends they made along the way. A valuable lesson indeed.

There was probably a lot more I missed but yeah that's what I caught from watching from IRyS' POV so I'm sure there are a lot more moments from the other perspectives. It was nice that they all got together to do that though. Plus it's nice to see the JP girls mingle with the EN ones even if they aren't directly talking to each other.

In case that doesn't show here's the link.

• Like 4

The Sports Festival event was indeed great. This is the kind of eSports I can watch ?.

These giant well-organized collabs are definitely a big strength of Hololive. Not only was it another stream full of great interactions between dozens of members, but the games themselves were really fun and thought through. 

I watched the Red C perspective as well. Did not regret, it was crazy in the best sense of the word ?. Irys, Calli, Kronii and Reine were carrying the commentary constantly. Mumei and Fauna had their moments. Ollie, Moona, and Anya were more quiet. Ollie was too busy taking pictures and she apparently left the Red C call a couple of times. Poor Anya was trying to participate in conversations, but girls like Irys were just too loud, so she was often in the background ?.

I switched to White C for a few moments, but that's it. Judging by the clips, they weren't nearly as wild as Red C. It was almost like the "girls bathroom vs boys bathroom" meme ?.

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

The topic of Santa came up and Calli and Kronii had some banter with IRyS along with Mumei and I think Moona questioning Santa's immortality

"I think he can't die from old age or a sickness, but what if you stab him".

Bruh, that conversation ?.

When they were spectating, Ame was staring down Kronii and IRyS aimed a bow at her to deter her and Ame hid behind someone else ? She kept doing it and Kronii just said "She's trying to kill me" ?

Ame was definitely messing with them. It looked like she was spying, but she also attacked a couple of times. This is one of the reasons I want to check their perspective too.

Pekora got a full score in her event so I'm proud of my rabbit war criminal ? She even went over to the spectator area to see Moona which was cute.

Yeah, I was impressed. I liked that she went for the best possible score, and her confidence paid off.

Valley girl accent stuff happened with Mumei, Fauna, Calli, IRyS, and Kronii ? Apparently Ollie didn't like it and there was mention of a "spicy message" sent to Reine ?

The funny thing is that Ollie also does the valley girl impression sometimes, so the fact that this valley girl conference was too much for her says a lot ?.

I couldn't really tell what was happening in the PVP part when IRyS was spectating but it looked like Ollie was hiding in the corner ? When it came to IRyS' turn for the PVP it sounded like they lost since the other team was more coordinated

White team stole all (or almost all) of diamonds right from the start during the rematch, so they just focused on defending their box, and did it successfully.

As for Ollie, she was taking screenshots for her Twitter, she was some sort of camera man. During the PVP matches she went to the field and hid there to get a better angle, I guess. Although some JP members thought she was pretending to be some kind of ninja ?.

https://twitter.com/tokino_sora/status/1456890055415386117

Ollie also captured some vids including the "cheer dance" as well as "nuru nuru":

https://twitter.com/kureijiollie/status/1456900086525353984

When the final race finished they celebrated and I think I heard Mumei say "We all did it without hating one another" ? But it sounded like there wasn't an actual winner and so everyone just opted to say that everyone won and that the winners were the friends they made along the way. A valuable lesson indeed.

I believe the hosts changed the team points before the very last race to make the finale more interesting. So if Red team finished first they'd get a tie. Otherwise, the last race wouldn't have mattered, White had enough of a lead over them.

Kiara said she liked how it ended, so I guess no one was mad about it. Like Miko said in the beginning, the whole thing was for fun ?. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

Risu has been posting NNN videos every day since the beginning of the month. She's got nut jokes and puns for days. Truly a powerful squirrel. I also liked her new song cover. It's interesting how diffrent her voice sounds in different videos and songs. She has a range between her "Risu voice" and her "Ayunda voice". It sounds super high pitched in her NNN videos, it's a little more natural in the FLOS song, it's deeper, more natural, and more powerful in her KING cover, which I prefer more (BTW, it is probably my favourite cover of this song from Hololive), and then there's Ayunda, which goes lower and deeper than normal.

Ollie, Moona, Reine, and Anya had a micro-vacation last week, and they met IRL. This resulted in multiple twitter spaces streams that were... interesting ?. I heard the ones with Ollie and Moona, although I didn't understand much since they were mostly speaking Indonesian unlike in previous Ollie's twitter spaces that were mostly in English. And I missed the one where the 4 of them were all together, so I don't really know what happened, but apperently they were tickling each other? ? Bruh, I don't even know: https://youtu.be/ltmuo8luuCE. Anyway, good to know they're close friends outside of streams too.

Other stuff I've watched recently: 

a song cover from Ollie and Astel (it was pretty good too),

- Calli's Doom Eternal finale (she streamed it right before the Sports Festival, so I tuned in, even though I didn't watch the whole playthrough),

- Moona's costume reveal which I missed initially,

- most of Kronii's recent unarchived karaoke (it was my first time listening to her sing I think, and she did great, might want to check out the first karaoke stream too),

- and Ollie's most recent Minecraft stream on the ID server (it was pretty chill, but she was discussing some serious topics and also telling about her past near-death experience).

And also tons of clips, even more than usual ?.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

So much Hololive stuff has been happening recently that my head is spinning. Sana is back, Ina is back, new HoloDeath, too many to list archived and unarchived karaoke streams, big milestones, Calli on Trash Taste again, etc. Can't watch everything I'm interested in. Trying to keep up.

I enjoyed Sana's comeback streams with a fun list of karaoke songs, Yagoo's video, and other stuff, as well as her Animal Crossing stream. It was an impromptu collab with Mumei which was very sweet and funny. The funniest moment for me was the one where Mumei caught two rare fish in a row on Sana's island and made it her mission to help Sana catch her first one of those. It wasn't successful ?.

https://youtu.be/ZBKIBspFURI

I was also randomly watching some old clips of Ollie a few days ago and came across a legendary moment where she married Coco in Minecraft and was killed by her right after ?. I started watching Hololive around the time Coco left, so these interactions are completely new to me. Call it a pleasant surprise, if you will.

https://youtu.be/AZpNNA--LsM

Edited by Slava
Can't believe I typed "Peasant" instead of "Pleasant".
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Slava said:

So much Hololive stuff has been happening recently that my head is spinning. Sana is back, Ina is back, new HoloDeath, too many to list archived and unarchived karaoke streams, big milestones, Calli on Trash Taste again, etc. Can't watch everything I'm interested in. Trying to keep up.

I enjoyed Sana's comeback streams with a fun list of karaoke songs, Yagoo's video, and other stuff, as well as her Animal Crossing stream. It was an impromptu collab with Mumei which was very sweet and funny. The funniest moment for me was the one where Mumei caught two rare fish in a row on Sana's island and made it her mission to help Sana catch her first one of those. It wasn't successful 1f604.png.

https://youtu.be/ZBKIBspFURI

I was also randomly watching some old clips of Ollie a few days ago and came across a legendary moment where she married Coco in Minecraft and was killed by her right after 1f601.png. I started watching Hololive around the time Coco left, so these interactions are completely new to me. Call it a pleasant surprise, if you will.

https://youtu.be/AZpNNA--LsM

Yeah, it's been a pretty busy week so it's hard to keep track of everything ? I'm glad that Sana is back from her break though. I heard her mention on the Animal Crossing stream with Mumei that Korone messaged her saying that she hoped she felt better which was pretty sweet of her. And yeah the moment with the fish was pretty funny ?

Gura played DMC4 twice this week. She got as far as Mission 10 and stopped on the boss there since I guess she wasn't feeling it but she's close to seeing Dante again. It's kind of funny since she mentioned how she doesn't want to run out of Devil May Cry content and I guess she considered streaming DMC5 again for a Vergil playthrough but I don't really get why she won't just play DMC1 since it's the one that started it all. She also played Skyrim VR for a bit but she got motion sickness and didn't play very long. So maybe her shark brain has just been in overdrive all week ?

Pikamee also started Titan Fall 2 but it was unfortunately scuffed because she was experiencing a weird save bug where it wouldn't save properly and I think she had to restart whole levels whenever she died. She tried to fix it by restarting the game but it turned out that it didn't save her progress at all so she has to do the first two hours again. ?

I also saw my favorite war criminal rabbit played FFXIV and it went as well as one would expect with all the stream snipers ? I mean it's nice that they got permission to stream that but considering how popular they are it's practically impossible for them to play it on stream without a million people on screen all at once. I know non-VTuber popular streamers go through it too but I'm not sure how they handle it. Either way, I hope my fellow Nousagis have fun committing war crimes in her name ?

Looking forward to the Jackbox collab tomorrow though, I'm sure that will be fun. ☺️

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Pikamee also started Titan Fall 2 but it was unfortunately scuffed because she was experiencing a weird save bug where it wouldn't save properly and I think she had to restart whole levels whenever she died. She tried to fix it by restarting the game but it turned out that it didn't save her progress at all so she has to do the first two hours again. 1f62c.png

OOF. That's rough, especially for a streamer. 

I also saw my favorite war criminal rabbit played FFXIV and it went as well as one would expect with all the stream snipers 1f61b.png I mean it's nice that they got permission to stream that but considering how popular they are it's practically impossible for them to play it on stream without a million people on screen all at once. I know non-VTuber popular streamers go through it too but I'm not sure how they handle it. Either way, I hope my fellow Nousagis have fun committing war crimes in her name 1f440.png

Lmao, what's with these cars from FFXV ?. Looks like total chaos.

I heard Gura has been thinking about playing an MMO for a long time. It was right around the time Hololive got permission to stream FFXIV. Well, now I know what it would look like if she chose to play this game. If not worse ?. She's got even more subs, after all.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

Irys started playing FFXIV.  Apparently she was on my server.  She tried her best to hide it, but people still found her.  But they didn't mob her like they did Asmon or Peko.  They kept like a safe distance.

But I was watching Calli play Earthbound.  That was a nice relaxing watch.  That's like all she's going to be streaming for the next week.  She named Ness, CHAD with the power of Psi Shrek.

• Like 4

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted in here. I got a PS5 recently, so I've been a bit distracted with that and haven't spent much time on this site as a result. I've still been watching plenty of streams though! The one that stands out to me the most recently was the Jackbox stream with Ame, Gura, Ina, Fauna, and Sana. There were some hilarious moments in that like when Gura decided to start messing with everyone and put the twerking amongus GIF on their heads. ? Some pretty YAB answers too like Hololive X for what a "very proper and discreet cable channel for adults" would be and them coming up with Ame Pee Cup for the acronym APC. ? They also had to design some t-shirts and I got a laugh out of those as well. I think the best one is "Yagoo's Favorite". ?

9vhjtfh.jpg

Last week Council had their cake party. It was a nice way for them to welcome back Sana. Mostly just chatting and eating cake as you would expect, but they also watched some ICONIC clips of each Council member which was pretty good. There was a part where Mumei suggested the idea of marrying someone for the wedding cake, and then divorcing them right after... with their consent of course. That's one smart and crafty bird. ? Most of Council did streams on Blue Archive as part of a sponsorship. I only watched Mumei's stream on it, but it was very entertaining watching her react to all the cute girls. I'm thinking she's cultured. ?

On 14/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, Sora9427 said:

Anybody saw some of the last "Series" released from Hololive? They are simply Awesome, especially with the Ara Ara trio :awesome: 

I have now. I like how Choco and Mel have mundane items like a pear and soap, but Rosenthal whips out the handcuffs and duct tape. ? All very seductive though. ? I expect nothing less from those three. A-chan had her work cut out for her keeping them under control.

Did you see that Nene got to do some voicework in an anime? I'm very proud of my wife. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

This weekend on Hololive feels like the Dolan meme: everything was Pokémon ?.

As always, I didn't watch as much as I wanted to. 

Watched more Sana. She started Metroid Dread, the first Metroid for her. She expected it to be very hard, but the E.M.M.I. and the bosses didn't pose much of a problem to her in the end, even though they scared her a bit ?. Then she streamed Evil God Korone (as did many other Hololive members) but she put her own spin to it. Didn't watch the stream because I didn't feel too good that day, but I liked the clip. She also did an endurance stream of Kirby's Return To Dream Land, another Wii game. I've never been very interested Kirby games, they always looked too easy. But I like platformers and was interested to see one of Sana's favourite games, so I tuned in. It looked pretty fun actually, and the difficulty increased by the end. Being the completionist that she is, Sana made sure to get all collectables in every level, and the stream ended up being 11.5 hours long ?. I didn't watch the whole thing of course, but I enjoyed the first half and the end.

Watched some Gura as well. She did an unarchived karaoke stream in her 3D dino costume, and it was adorable. Lethal levels of cuteness from beginning to end. Also checked out her talking/DMC4 stream. She's not very good at this game, is she? ?. She was struggling to dodge Dante in the boss battle and died to him a lot. I still plan to play the game one day, so I won't be watching more, probably.

Kiara x Ina Animal Crossing collab was sweet. Ina did a tour of her island.

On the HoloID side, Risu's NNN videos continue to entertain, she just doesn't stop with the nut jokes. Ollie had a lot of collabs as usual, but I only watched one of them, and it was a good one. She played Apex with Roberu of Holostars, but then at some point Bae joined as well. She's a big fan of them both, and it was her first time talking to Roberu, so they were trolling the poor rat a little bit about it. The conversations were hilarious. I had to rewatch these moments with the translation, my beginner level knowledge of Japanese is not enough to understand even 5% of what's being said yet. Although, I do start to pick out some phrases.

Speaking of which, Mumei just did a Japanese Duolingo stream. I checked how far she's gotten, and it looks like she did a speedrun. She's gotten one level farther than me in just 2.5 hours, lol. And i've been studying these lessons for 1.5 months now ?. Although I practiced most of them 2-3 times, and also spent time learning the Kanas. Maybe I'll check the full stream, and other JP Duolingo streams in the future, since I'm familiar with the lessons now and understand them better.

In other news, apparently, the 3D models for HoloMyth are pretty much ready. As I understand, now they have to go to the recording studio in Japan together to perform their 3D debut. I'm excited.

As for non-Hololive stuff, I finally watched the Ironmouse x CDawg collab where she had to say nice things about him for 60 minutes. She decided to change the rules a little bit, but it was still painful for both of them. It seemed like Connor was actually suffering more than her ?.

And finally, I check out 1-2 minutes of each stream from the members of Sony's VERSEn. Yeah, I'm not very interested. Two of the girls had their songs ready for debut (which were pretty good), but their actual models weren't great, not animated/rigged well. They were both 3D, unlike the rest of the members who got Live2D ones. Those models looked fine and cute. Wishing them all well, hope they have fun streams.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Slava said:

This weekend on Hololive feels like the Dolan meme: everything was Pokémon 1f604.png.

As always, I didn't watch as much as I wanted to. 

Watched more Sana. She started Metroid Dread, the first Metroid for her. She expected it to be very hard, but the E.M.M.I. and the bosses didn't pose much of a problem to her in the end, even though they scared her a bit 1f601.png. Then she streamed Evil God Korone (as did many other Hololive members) but she put her own spin to it. Didn't watch the stream because I didn't feel too good that day, but I liked the clip. She also did an endurance stream of Kirby's Return To Dream Land, another Wii game. I've never been very interested Kirby games, they always looked too easy. But I like platformers and was interested to see one of Sana's favourite games, so I tuned in. It looked pretty fun actually, and the difficulty increased by the end. Being the completionist that she is, Sana made sure to get all collectables in every level, and the stream ended up being 11.5 hours long 1f601.png. I didn't watch the whole thing of course, but I enjoyed the first half and the end.

Watched some Gura as well. She did an unarchived karaoke stream in her 3D dino costume, and it was adorable. Lethal levels of cuteness from beginning to end. Also checked out her talking/DMC4 stream. She's not very good at this game, is she? 1f604.png. She was struggling to dodge Dante in the boss battle and died to him a lot. I still plan to play the game one day, so I won't be watching more, probably.

Kiara x Ina Animal Crossing collab was sweet. Ina did a tour of her island.

On the HoloID side, Risu's NNN videos continue to entertain, she just doesn't stop with the nut jokes. Ollie had a lot of collabs as usual, but I only watched one of them, and it was a good one. She played Apex with Roberu of Holostars, but then at some point Bae joined as well. She's a big fan of them both, and it was her first time talking to Roberu, so they were trolling the poor rat a little bit about it. The conversations were hilarious. I had to rewatch these moments with the translation, my beginner level knowledge of Japanese is not enough to understand even 5% of what's being said yet. Although, I do start to pick out some phrases.

Speaking of which, Mumei just did a Japanese Duolingo stream. I checked how far she's gotten, and it looks like she did a speedrun. She's gotten one level farther than me in just 2.5 hours, lol. And i've been studying these lessons for 1.5 months now 1f605.png. Although I practiced most of them 2-3 times, and also spent time learning the Kanas. Maybe I'll check the full stream, and other JP Duolingo streams in the future, since I'm familiar with the lessons now and understand them better.

In other news, apparently, the 3D models for HoloMyth are pretty much ready. As I understand, now they have to go to the recording studio in Japan together to perform their 3D debut. I'm excited.

As for non-Hololive stuff, I finally watched the Ironmouse x CDawg collab where she had to say nice things about him for 60 minutes. She decided to change the rules a little bit, but it was still painful for both of them. It seemed like Connor was actually suffering more than her 1f604.png.

And finally, I check out 1-2 minutes of each stream from the members of Sony's VERSEn. Yeah, I'm not very interested. Two of the girls had their songs ready for debut (which were pretty good), but their actual models weren't great, not animated/rigged well. They were both 3D, unlike the rest of the members who got Live2D ones. Those models looked fine and cute. Wishing them all well, hope they have fun streams.

Yeah, I mean I don't play Pokemon so I don't keep up with anything of it but I didn't realize there was a new game coming out. At least I assume it's like a proper game anyway. But it's nice that they got permission for it at least. I saw Gura did this when playing ?

I saw that Sana did play Dread but I didn't see the stream itself. I did catch a good part of her Kirby stream though and I was surprised to see she streamed it for 11 hours. I stopped I think about maybe 6 or 7 hours in and she didn't sound tired at all still so I think it's safe to say that Sana is the only one of EN that has a high endurance like Korone or Pekora ?

I did see the end part of the unarchived karaoke stream. Gura's dinosaur costume is pretty cute and the way she gets super close to the screen makes me think of how cats like to get up in your face ? As for DMC4 she's been doing alright but she needs to learn how to use the Buster moves which I guess to be fair isn't always obvious on some bosses and enemies. She only took two tries for Credo which I would say is good, but yeah Dante is kind of different since he can do Royal Guard and she kept hitting him when in the stance which wasn't a good idea. ? I'm sure she will get him the next time she streams. I also looked forward to her GTA V stream but she was having issues (I assume with the RockStar launcher) and so she had to delay it and ask the others for help. Hopefully no technical issues happen tonight.

Yeah watching Mumei do Duolingo was funny since it felt like she was just playing by herself and occasionally remembering that the chat is there which kind of feels like that with most of her streams especially in Breath of the Wild ?

I feel like I haven't heard them talk about their 3D models or maybe I just missed it when they talked about it but it will be nice to see I'm sure. I also hope Yagoo prepares for whatever Ame has in mind for it ?

I've seen the models for VERSEn and yeah the designs themselves are fine I would say but I doubt it's something I would regularly watch. I wonder if Sony will use them to advertise games and stuff which would be a smart move I suppose but it still kind of falls into the "brand VTuber" category for me. I guess we will just have to see what all they do with it.

Apart from all that it seems Pekora finished Lost Judgement (I don't know for sure since I wasn't watching it for spoiler reasons) and so she played Pokemon this weekend. Subaru also finished Kiwami and started Yakuza 0. Someone in the comments timestamped the Heat moves she did and her reactions are pretty funny ? I look forward to seeing her reactions to the other moments especially Majima's intro. Pikamee also finished Titan Fall 2 and I saw she did a Meme Review with Kson last night but I didn't watch it since Mumei was on.

Otherwise I also watched Fauna play RE7 again and she had Gura and Baelz join in after a while to make her less scared but Baelz didn't know anything about the game so she also got scared from watching ? It's nice when they become unofficial collab things and it's just one of them watching the other play something.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I saw that Sana did play Dread but I didn't see the stream itself. I did catch a good part of her Kirby stream though and I was surprised to see she streamed it for 11 hours. I stopped I think about maybe 6 or 7 hours in and she didn't sound tired at all still so I think it's safe to say that Sana is the only one of EN that has a high endurance like Korone or Pekora 1f61b.png

The only longer endurance stream that I saw was Calli's Bloodstained finale. She beat the last boss at 11h 59min and cut the stream to start a new one right after. I didn't know that 12+ hour streams don't get archived at the time. Yeah, that was epic.

I feel like I haven't heard them talk about their 3D models or maybe I just missed it when they talked about it but it will be nice to see I'm sure. I also hope Yagoo prepares for whatever Ame has in mind for it 1f61b.png

There was a tweet where Cover suddenly announced they postponed the 3D debut, and I guess it was the first time they mentioned it because people were like "wait, what". Then I saw a clip of Kiara talking about it. 

Apart from all that it seems Pekora finished Lost Judgement

Didn't watch the playthrough, but I saw her tweets about it. It seems like the game's story left a big impression on her and made her think about justice and how far one should go to beat the evil. I saw that because she posted her thoughts around the time she showed off her Kojima merch which was retweeted by the legend himself ?. It was nice to see on my feed.

Also, forgot to mention, the new HoloEN shorts channel is pretty good. The moments they choose and the edits are perfect.

• Like 3

Yeah, I believe all of HoloEN except Ame and Kronii have been playing Pokemon. My sub box is full of it. ? I haven't seen them share this much love for a franchise other than Animal Crossing. Clearly Nintendo are doing something right. ? It's pretty much impossible to keep up with all of their playthroughs. I mean Sana's Pokemon streams this week alone almost add up to 20 hours! I've been following Mumei's playthrough the most, followed by Fauna and Gura's. Never played a Pokemon game myself, but it's been fun to watch. 

Mumei and Baelz finished A Way Out last night. I especially loved seeing their reactions to the twist near the end. Mumei really embraced it. ? I think they played all of the minigames, but the one that stood out the most was arm wrestling because they were a match for each other and it took like 10 minutes of button mashing to finally get a winner. ?

Ame and Roboco did a collab in VR chat and it was very wholesome. They were really cute together. I think the part that cracked me up the most was when Ame did the "Fortnite dance". ?

She's been showing off her dance moves a lot lately it seems. I'm all for it. ?

EDIT: Oh, and I saw Forbes Japan made an article on Yagoo and Hololive. I love the picture they used. What a cool guy he is. ?

44507c7fab59632ddd8377a1fb5cac7080466.jp

https://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/44507

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Hololive's 6'th gen have been announced. I saw people were mentioning it during Mumei's stream and so people were calling her a senpai ? Here's her reaction to it.

Gura also made a reaction to them ☺️

But yeah, in terms of designs I think I like Takane and Kazama's designs the most. Kazama sticks out to me since she's a ninja girl which is something I have wanted for a while. ? I'm sure they will all be great though and hope they do well even if I wind up not watching them as much as I would the others. They are making their debut tomorrow really early so I won't be able to see them but I look forward to seeing what games they are interested in.

Also in the video the part where Sakamata shows it plays a song that sounded a bit familiar to me. ?

• Like 3

Yeah, woke up to an unexpected announcement today. This really came out of nowhere ?.

HoloCouncil had multiple teases, HoloX just did a reveal right before their debut streams. Honestly, I thought ID gen 3 was going to be next, somewhere in December. But I guess this makes sense since Gen 5 debuted more than a year ago. The first stream is in 6 hours, which is 3 PM for me, so I'll watch it.

FFFcQtvacAAOEOC.jpg

But yeah, in terms of designs I think I like Takane and Kazama's designs the most.

Same ?. Takane Lui showed her model already, it looks very good.

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, I believe all of HoloEN except Ame and Kronii have been playing Pokemon. My sub box is full of it. 1f61d.png I haven't seen them share this much love for a franchise other than Animal Crossing. Clearly Nintendo are doing something right.

Yep. Sometimes 2-3 of them stream this game at the same time, and even more if you count JP and ID members ?.

Last night, Sana and Ollie were streaming this game at the same time, so Ollie decided to trade, and we got another adorable interaction out of this. It started with a FLERT, and ended with Sana destroying every Pokemon Ollie had ?.

Not shown in the video above: Ollie panicking and muting the mic to scream "HOW DO I TALK TO GIRLS" ?

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

She's been showing off her dance moves a lot lately it seems.

Imagine what her dances will look like with a full scale 3D model.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Yeah, they really sprung that Gen 6 announcement on us out of nowhere. It was long overdue though since we've had both generations of Hololive English (and IRyS!) come out since Gen 5 debuted. I find it funny that Ame actually teased us with the name "Hololive X" a couple of weeks back, but we didn't know what it was at the time. ?

hYuJdKR.png

Purely from a design perspective, I'd put them in this order:
La+ Darknesss > Hakui Koyori > Sakamata Chloe > Kazama Iroha > Takane Lui

I think they all look good though. As of typing this, Laplus is the only one who's debuted, and I'm in love with her already. ? I've watched a bunch of clips from her debut and she has that "bratty loli" vibe I'm fond of. She has a great voice and is really funny. A deadly combo with that excellent design. ? I like how she scolds chat if they don't do what she says. ?

She's definitely one of the JP's I'll be following, even if it's mostly through clips. I'm excited to see the rest of Gen 6 considering the high bar Laplus set. Oh, and it looks like the JP branch have adopted the chunni lore of the EN branch, much to the disapproval of @Sora9427 I'm sure. ? I guess this meme is outdated now. ?

18 hours ago, Slava said:

Yep. Sometimes 2-3 of them stream this game at the same time, and even more if you count JP and ID members 1f604.png.

Last night, Sana and Ollie were streaming this game at the same time, so Ollie decided to trade, and we got another adorable interaction out of this. It started with a FLERT, and ended with Sana destroying every Pokemon Ollie had 1f602.png.

That's true. I do dual-wield streams on occasion, but it means I have to really focus on them so I can follow what's happening. Definitely can't handle more than 2 at the same time lol.

And lol. With the amount Sana's been playing the game, she could probably destroy all the other Holos playing the game without breaking a sweat. ?

18 hours ago, Slava said:

Imagine what her dances will look like with a full scale 3D model.

2 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

When Ame goes 3D it's going to be crazy.

Yeah, I hope this happens sooner rather than later. As much as I like the Smol models Myth have, it's about time we got proper full-scaled 3D models for them. Ame especially since she makes use of it so much. But speaking of, this is comedy gold. ?

• Like 3

^ This was the funniest run I've ever seen, top tier content.

I watched both gen 6 debuts so far. Laplus did great, but I liked Lui more. I liked her voice, her tastes, and her design. A sweet and enjoyable debut stream, even though the model didn't look like it was rigged perfectly to me, and maybe she said "hai" too many times (thanks, chat, if you hadn't been counting, I wouldn't have noticed probably). Also, just want to add that BGM for both of them sounds amazing. Darkness' one was especially cool, and the opening visuals were excellent.

Meanwhile, our dark kusogaki has surpassed Sana in subscriber count in a few hours ??. And now she's 100K subs ahead of her, crazy stuff. 

TBH, I wasn't very excited for the new gen, but now that they started debuting and interatcting with senpais, I'm enjoying all of this. Laplus and Haa GODCHAMA are battling it out in a rap form, and these videos are hilarious. Chloe has called Ollie her honey twice already, leaving her baffled, because it's usually her job. 

Before I forget with all the new stuff happening, I want to mention a few things I watched this week. Bae had another collab with Calli (the new Rat Reviews, this time with pictures of pets), but Calli apparently passed out from overworking and overslept. So Bae started a stream titled "Im looking for my sister" until she went online. Thankfully, it didn't take long, and the reaper showed up. Literally the next day, Bae overslept too ?. Her phone alarm clock didn't work, so she missed her chatting stream. This time, Kiara returned the favour with a stream titled "I am looking for my rat". She even woke her up with a message, so Bae joined the call on stream with her sleepy voice. It's not the first time for Kiara as well, as she's done one of those months ago when Ina overslept their collab ?. Although that one was waaay longer.

The second episode of Rat Reviews was good. Bae got drunk 10 minutes in again, while they both were flooded with cuteness of the pet photos. Bae's chatting stream had a big announcement, she's making her own show she's been working on since the debut. It's called BaeWatch, and it's going to be pre-recored and heavily edited. I'm interested to see what it's going to look like. Also watched (or rather listened to) her Minecraft collab with Mio. Bae did an EN tour for her. Yeah, some JP member are still new to the server.

Other than that, watched Ollie's stream with her "Mama". Her character designer is a cool guy. He's the artist behind the characters of Takt Op, both the game and the anime. And he can speak a little bit of English, so the stream was enjoyable because I could understand what they were talking about. And I also watched Sana play Pokemon and beat everyone with her egg Pokemon. It even inspired me to doodle some pokemon while the stream was playing on the background.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2