Some things that need to be addressed...

10 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Can I just say that I didn't feel any kind of agenda or properganda being push against me while I was playing it? People really overreacted. 

It's less about politics in the story and more about how politics affected the story. 

10 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

Can I just say that I didn't feel any kind of agenda or properganda being push against me while I was playing it? People really overreacted. 

Well that's the idea. The subject is not supposed to sense any agenda pushed against him/her.

I'm just saying, not implying it happened to you

On 6/26/2020 at 4:05 AM, Seraphim_Rez said:

I watched that video last night. Sterling makes great content. And yeah, those kind of people will simply not care, not like they cared about actual facts anyway.

Jim.gif

On both counts.

I had no idea about Colleen Fotsch; honestly, the character immediately reminded me of Sarah Connor, which is fine by me. I am, however, a bit tired of Laura Bailey voicing seemingly every female in video games. ?

• Like 1

I seem to notice a serious hypocrisy regarding the review of this game from individuals.

The elephant in the room: OF COURSE TLoU2 is getting review bombed on meta critic by ‘incels’ or ‘petulant children’ or ‘guys who are mad that the game doesn’t make their pp get hard’ (all things stated towards me in this thread, at one point).  Let me be clear: review bombing is EXTREME, and in a perfect world, shouldn’t happen and should be frowned upon.

Dat hypocrisy doe: Let me let you in on a little secret, don’t tell too many people this!  But...when there is money, influence, sex, and power to be had, people will suddenly become ‘unscrupulous’, even the ones who ‘would never dare to stray from their scruples!’.  Money...makes things funny.  And when a first party game developer of the number one console manufacturing franchise in the world gets a pay bonus if they get a certain review score from different entertainment website/outlets, let’s just say...there’s definitely an opportunity to barter.

https://kotaku.com/why-are-game-developer-bonuses-based-on-review-scores-5893595

Especially when a site (saaaaaay...IGN?) would absolutely love to get first scoop clicky-news and behind the scene coverage on PS5 stuff, later this year.  Yeah.  10’s everywhere.  Deservedly so or not.  And I’m not debating the deserve factor...I’m saying there WILL be 10’s everywhere.  And the justification about the game from those sites (outside of the obvious stunning graphics, of course)?  ‘It’s about humanity, uplifting female leads, embracing diverse sexuality, supporting minorities, and making sure straight white males are considered expendable.  Aren’t you into human rights?  Don’t you have any compassion for all people being equal?’

One group hits you in the teeth with the loud, foamy-mouthed, vile screams of an angry mob, similar to getting hit with a baseball bat in the back of the head.  The other spoon feeds you a very small and almost tasteless dose of cyanide, in a bacon-wrapped, double cheese pepperoni-lovers stuffed crust pizza, with extra bacon.  Pick your poison.  But to not notice anything ‘deadly’ on either side is extremely naive.  And hypocritical.

TestyLeftEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restr

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Plenty of members here on this site have all given 10/10 (With more justification than just the graphics) to this game. Why is does it resort to conspiracy theory when people who get paid to play and describe video games do the same?

Okay, so we can talk like we’re both naive, silly, and full of youth and spunk, I’ll bite.

So Davi, have you ever done things at a job you didn’t really want to?  Have you ever sucked up an insulting remark from your boss because you didn’t want to lose your job?  The assault allegations about Harvey Weinstein...do you think they WANTED to engage in sexual activity with an obese, unshaven, bad breath, sloppy and sickly male that looked like Jabba The Hut, because he seemed like a ‘really nice guy’, and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT HE WAS ONE OF THE GODS OF HOLLYWOOD (admittedly, I don’t know all the details)?!  Money.  Power.  Influence.  Those things...will have you do things you don’t normally do or don’t really want to do.  No matter what your scruples tell you is considered right or wrong.

I guess you were confused by this revelation.  I hope I helped you in life.  ?

GrouchyMetallicImago-size_restricted.gif

7 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Davi

It’s not Davi, never has been, even though you keep typing that. 

As for the rest of your allegory, that’s only one possibility. It’s no more likely than these reviewers all actually thinking this game is a 10/10. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

It’s not Davi, never has been, even though you keep typing that. 

As for the rest of your allegory, that’s only one possibility. It’s no more likely than these reviewers all actually thinking this game is a 10/10. 

Sorry about that.

True, very true.  Anything is possible.  These paid reviewers with a heavy incentive to give 10’s for a review score could honestly believe it to be a 10-type of game.  But the world that I live in, everyone is trying to influence others in a way that.’s beneficial for themselves.  ESPECIALLY when these ‘transactions’ are behind closed doors or little transparency to everyone.  Those seem to be the most ‘unscrupulous’ of transactions.

I’ve taken the red pill, by the way.  That’s MY world.  ?

P.S.  You should really consider taking me me up on that permaban wager for backwards compatibility on the PS5.  I think the people would really like to see this type of situation unfold.  Think of the hits/traffic!  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starcade_Legend said:

P.S.  You should really consider taking me me up on that permaban wager for backwards compatibility on the PS5.  I think the people would really like to see this type of situation unfold.  Think of the hits/traffic!  1f61c.png

YOU were the one who backed out of that. I still have the Private Message. 

The rest of your point is assumptions and accusations gained by your red pill world view.

Thats enough of derailing this topic for me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Weskerfan75 said:

Everytime someone bitches about "politics in muh vidya" you can immediately tell they're bitching because "the politics" are things they just don't like. Games have been political for decades now: Wolfenstein, Fallout, Call of Duty (and by extension any war game), Metal Gear Solid, Bioshock, Metro, Warhammer 4K, Spec Ops: The Line, Deus Ex, Papers Please, Final Fantasy 7. You see those games are fine, theres no politics there, but a game with a LGBT character or a female character that isn't dressed like dominatrix? Now THAT'S "politics". Politics didn't exist in gaming until Anita Sarkeesian and the "ess jay dubyas" arrived in 2013.

This is why no one should take these "controversies" seriously: Wolfenstein's "Make America Nazi Free Again" ad, the female soldier in BFV, Jax's ending and the female character redesigns in MK11, the trans flag in Celeste, Tifa's tits in FF7 Remake, Jill's skort in RE3, and now TLOU2 since the very beginning. There's this massive uproar agaisnt SJWs and "the left" and just as they arrive they're quickly forgotten and everyone moves on. How much you wanna bet that in a month everyone will have forgotten about this, the game will continue to sell like hotcakes, and the new "controversy" will be some stupid shit like that there is a lesbian in the new Call of Duty Multiplayer. On top of that, in a few years everyone will be hyped when TLOU3 gets announced, barely even remebering being angry at Joel's death. Complaining about politics in "gaming" is as idiotic as complaning about politics in music or movies.

Sorry kids but repeating "go woke go broke" isn't gonna do anything regardless of how many times The Quartering or OneAngryGamer repeat it on twitter.

Hopefully, because it's tiring as HELL.

• Like 4

On 26-6-2020 at 8:57 PM, Alderriz said:

Sounds so.

Also, both games have been delayed 3 times. I've been listening to old episodes of a podcast about Playstation. In one of the episodes from 2016 there was a news item about how Uncharted 4 was delayed for manufacturing reasons. When TLOU2 was delayed the third time they mentioned the same reason, but this time due to covid. Don't want to start another conspiracy theory here 1f604.png, but it happened two times in a row to ND (if you don't count The Lost Legacy which is a smaller game). It made me think that the real reason both times was also crunch and not being able to finish the game in time. Not saying I'm convinced that's what happened, just wanted to throw it out there.

I Worked at the european distribution center of Sony PlayStation that time. A new warehouse was build for distribution of europe/russia/UAE/Balkan/australia and a some more countries from a place from the netherlands. All of the distribution regarding Sony games/consoles packages /controllers/psn cards where assembled/Packed there. Uncharted 4 was our first big distribution and there where alot of startup problems as the ‘productionplant’ was barely functional. Believe me it was a miracle the game even came out in that date....

people just want to see What they want to see. I know for sure uncharted 4 was delayed because of distribution problems.

just my 2 cents 

• Like 2