Lord of the flies HELP

WhatIsLove98

Hi

Has anyone else encountered a problem in which the side mission for the lord of the flies trophy isn't possible to finish. As you can't catch the fly in the race.

I've tried both seperate save files and fresh installs to no result.

Thanks if you have any advice.

According to someone on PlaystationTrophies:

The latest patch breaks one of the side missions (The Big Stink) which is linked to a trophy called (Lord Of The Flies). Trophy Hunters should be on the lookout for playing the game on version 1.00 to get Lord Of The Flies Trophy. This is confirmed by me as I've just done it!

Source

Edited by Slamma
I can never get quotes to work properly...

I also had the glitch. Bought the physical version and popped the trophy on 1.00 with no issues. Just so everyone is aware if you have a save file on the 1.02 update don't delete it. When I reverted to 1.00 and played offline I was still able to use my updated save which allowed me to do the mission without having to play through most of the game again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, Gumble_Monkey said:

Any word on an update or anything to fix this? I'm on digital too 

It'll likely never be fixed. This is one of those types of companies that doesn't give two shits judging by past experience with all the other vomit (and by vomit I mean the games they make) that spews out of them.

Spider's Lair is apparently glitched as well. I unlocked Escape Artist for completing all of the spider web challenges yet Spider's Lair never unlocked? Man what a glitchy piece of shit this game is just like every other piece of garbage they make. I hate this game company. I should've known better not to touch this game.

-EDIT-

It's no wonder Spider's Lair never unlocked. It's a side quest found by some benches in the Boat House area that you have to start. It unlocked once the quest was done. Listen guys do yourselves a favor. See this trash ass trophy guide: https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/bee-simulator-trophy-guide/? DO NOT USE this horrendous guide. This idiot just tells you to fly into a spiderweb. Seriously?!

Every guide this dude writes is pure, utter shit! They're always poorly written and always so atrociously vague that it makes me wonder why he even bothers to write them at all. I'd look up on the internet individual trophies if I were you because I had luck finding quite a few that way. If you can't find anything than use that terrible guide linked as a last resort. Knoef STOP writing guides dude because you absolutely SUCK at making them! Just fly into a spider web, he says. Jesus. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, there is a way to get this trophy (and therefore the platinum) even if you only have the digital copy! This basically consists of downgrading the current version 1.02 to the original 1.00 as this mission is bugged on the current update. You first have to delete the installed game (but not your saves) and then follow one of the below options:

There are two methods in the first link below - 1 is automatic via program but only works on PC and method 2 which is manually via Command Prompt or Terminal and works on PC and Mac. If you are a Mac user I highly recommend going to the second link as the Mac method (method 2) in the first post didn't work for me and a lot of people seemed to have troubles. Worked perfectly first time round using the method in the second link (although they're not vastly different). If you have a PC, method 1 in the first link may well work perfectly fine but I obviously never got to try. I can't see the Mac method being too different on PC as it's just choosing the Windows node.js download file instead of Mac OS and using Command Prompt vs Terminal. The terminal method is simple enough to do as the instructions are pretty clear and well laid out and it's completely safe for both your computer and your PS4. I downloaded version 1.00 by doing this and got the last trophy I needed (for the glitched quest The Big Stink needed for the Lord of the Flies trophy) and therefore the platinum!

You can tell if it's grabbed the right version if the download on the PS4 is showing around 7-8GB or so. If the download is 13GB or thereabouts I believe it will just be downloading the patched version again so this is why I recommend the second link if you're going to try and do it manually which is what I did.

Just bee careful (lol) that the PS4 will automatically start downloading the 1.02 update straight after you install the game for some reason (even though you turn off the automatic updates in settings) so be quick to cancel and delete that. Hope this helps those stuck and feel free to shout out if you have any questions about it.

Cheers

Original post with methods 1 (automatic via program) and method 2 (manual via command prompt)

Reply that worked for me (slight variation of method 2):

UIA6QTO.jpg

p2x0K8i.jpg

Edited by Rowbokop