No 30 day notice for DLC

BigBossSquirtle

8 hours ago, Sergen said:

I find it funny that people use every time EA makes a mistake with trophies as a way of shitting on people for buying EA's games... Sony has made all the mistakes EA has made and @KingGuy420 pointed out that this game has been around for 10 years, which is a longer time than Sony's servers stay up... The thing I will shit on EA for is that anything tied to daily challenges or other features often breaks before the game servers shutdown, but to say "don't buy EA's games" because they messed up a trophy is pathetic.

I'm not shitting on EA because of a damn trophy dude, this goes beyond a bronze trophy. 

And it's pathetic to encourage not buying EA games? Are you kidding me? Do you not remember the mess behind Anthem? The exploitation of all their sports titles? Or am I the only one who recognizes the business practices? Yeah, they have some great titles, but anyone with an actual working brain can see how half-assed their games can be in current gen, and even though this whole thread is centered around Dante's Inferno, it does not change the fact that the company as a whole isn't all there and for the gamers. What's pathetic is automatically assuming my opinions of EA Games is centered around a trophy in a game that released years ago. Get real.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Nothing said changes the fact of what I mentioned in my post: you can’t expect anything less from EA, and they are a joke of a company, my main point in the first place. 

If EA actually did something wrong, go ahead and take that shot. I just think it's a little sad and pathetic when I see people who are clearly just looking for any excuse they can find to take shots at a company that doesn't give a crap. There's better things to spend your time on lol.

EA has made massive improvements over the last few years and anyone who doesn't see that is just closed minded and doesn't want to see it. And why would they want to see it when it takes away the fun they have pathetically taking shots on them on the internet? It's just sad at this point bro.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

If EA actually did something wrong, go ahead and take that shot. I just think it's a little sad and pathetic when I see people who are clearly just looking for any excuse they can find to take shots at a company that doesn't give a crap. There's better things to spend your time on lol.

EA has made massive improvements over the last few years and anyone who doesn't see that is just closed minded and doesn't want to see it. And why would they want to see it when it takes away the fun they have pathetically taking shots on them on the internet? It's just sad at this point.

The same thing could be said about every single person on PSNProfiles who comment on threads all day. It always seems so hard for gamers on here to realize that everyone has their own opinion. The moment one's own opinion doesn't coincide with yours, it's considered pathetic. Tragic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

The same thing could be said about every single person on PSNProfiles who comment on threads all day. It always seems so hard for gamers on here to realize that everyone has their own opinion. The moment one's own opinion doesn't coincide with yours, it's considered pathetic. Tragic.

I disagree. I'm very much a person that sees both sides of every argument. It's actually something I strive to do. But at the end of the day the whole "EA BADZ!!!" crap gets a little old after awhile. Especially when it's off topic and done just for the sake of doing it, like the situation we find ourselves in here. I don't know you at all, but I have to assume you're better than that lol.

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

I disagree. I'm very much a person that sees both sides of every argument. It's actually something I strive to do. But at the end of the day the whole "EA BADZ!!!" crap gets a little old after awhile. Especially when it's off topic and done just for the sake of doing it, like the situation we find ourselves in here. I don't know you at all, but I have to assume you're better than that lol.

I highly doubt you strive to see both sides of an argument if you want to judge people for not wanting to support a game company. And if the EA talk is getting a little old for you, then ignore it? This was my first time bringing up the company on this website ever and I have every right to voice what I feel, just like you've been doing bud. 

On 24/7/2020 at 4:12 AM, AN0n1m8 said:

I don't think they bring the servers back. However, you had almost 10 years to get a simple bronze trophy. Better get rid of your other online trophies before this happens again...

Can you work further on this please? Seems that more than one achievement/trophy is actually crippled by. 

What if everyone got a push notification from the PlayStation app when a server is about to either be closed, *and/or* no longer maintained? Or when store content is soon to be discontinued? Instead of on your proprietary Facebook page that nobody follows...

What if a 30 day notice printed on thousands, if not millions of boxes, was abided by the developer or enforced by the publisher?

What if people meant what they say?

What if it didn’t matter whether they said it last month or 10 years ago? Does the truth change over time? We are the ones being cheated out of 100%’s.

Tbh I would settle for people admitting they take trophies seriously instead of saying they don’t, or telling others not to, when they obviously do themselves.

It would be a perfect little world ? ? ? ? wouldn’t it be? 

21 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Can you work further on this please? Seems that more than one achievement/trophy is actually crippled by. 

You are right. I only focused on St Lucia Trials (the single and coop challenges). Not on the whole DLC. Anyway, i don't think they bring the servers back. No matter what trophies it has (if they really care about trophies...).

Fuck ea for this. Screw these damn companies and their servers, why dont they at least send out codes so people can revive the servers their damn selves if companies like this dont wanna be courteous enough to at least announce that they are shutting them down?

Im tired of these “omg you had 10 years to do that game, move on with your life, thousands of other games to play out there on ps4” type of responses in the forums because of this shenanigan. You want it? Bring it back yourself. You cant rely on others for shit. 

Edited by royal642award
  • Like 2

Most people who have or had Dante's Inferno got it for the single player experience, not for the Trials DLC. The option has been there for years.... but the failure of a heads up regarding server shutdown is what's making a lot of us mad.

I highly doubt I was going to get that two player trials trophy but I definitely would of liked to get everything else done in the Trials DLC. Too late for that now.

• Like 3

I am just glad i got the trophies done on my main account before this happened. I am extremely fortunate and I totally agree that the community should pressure them. Sue them if you can.

i would hate to see this happen to another one of their games. Dead space 3 in particular scares me now because i have yet to finish it and its developed by the same company visceral games. It seems they are doing this for a lot of their games because they were closed long ago

If they do this kind of shit to dead space 3, i’ll give them the same treatment i gave activision after they did that massive shut down. I just wont buy their games no more. 

• Like 1

Well, this thread certainly got lively.

To get back on topic for a moment, a couple people have reached out to me inquiring about continuing the trials because the servers are operational again.

I'm currently at work and can't test until later, but... maybe someone else can verify.