How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

@Booster92BG

I followed everything mentioned by the op, and it worked. But random crashes are possible, I had one in my first playthrough but it was after I killed all the racket bosses so it didnt hurt anything.

Edited by JavaNext
Forgot to quote

2 hours ago, JavaNext said:

I followed everything mentioned by the op, and it worked. But random crashes are possible, I had one in my first playthrough but it was after I killed all the racket bosses so it didnt hurt anything.

Maybe its just luck based, but its getting frustrating.

Never gonna play a Mafia game again thats for sure!

2 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

Maybe its just luck based, but its getting frustrating.

Definitely is. I had a crash in this playthrough, and I am finishing killing the bosses and crossing my fingers it will pop. I will let you know if I have any luck...

For reference, I am playing offline and with a brand new profile and save data (deleted everything before this run).

14 minutes ago, JABing said:

Definitely is. I had a crash in this playthrough, and I am finishing killing the bosses and crossing my fingers it will pop. I will let you know if I have any luck...

For reference, I am playing offline and with a brand new profile and save data (deleted everything before this run).

I tried online, deleting everything and starting fresh start, and the game crash and the trophy didnt pop.

After that i didnt delete anything, switched to offline, and start another game. Once again the game crashed and the trophy didnt pop.

For me, if the game crash, the trophy became unobtainable, but i really hope you have more luck than me and get that horible excuse of a trophy!

Im planning my next playthrought to be some kind of a speedrun in one siting, playing offline and deleting all save and system files of the game before starting it.

I will wait for your results!

Good luck!?

I just need the no loose ends trophy. I’ve tried a couple times & it’s crashed on me. I’ve been thinking of trying again & writing down the order I do it in. Seems to crash after killing the same boss, it goes to a cut scene with the retired FBI guy & crashes. Always when I have 3-5 left. Tried beating it after first time & no trophy 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:18 PM, Booster92BG said:

I will wait for your results!

Good luck!?

Thank you! On my last playthrough I was able to get all the kills, and spending $550k. Funny part is, I didn't get the trophy for earning $550k - makes no sense. I also did not get the kill all racket trophies... uggghh. I had only one crash, which was an improvement.

Has anyone tried playing big chunks of the game, and uploading saves to the cloud every few hours? Then, if you get a crash, you can delete all saves on console and download the cloud (un-crashed) saves and keep going? 

I am trying that during my current playthrough - I will let you know if I have any luck.

9 minutes ago, JABing said:

Thank you! On my last playthrough I was able to get all the kills, and spending $550k. Funny part is, I didn't get the trophy for earning $550k - makes no sense. I also did not get the kill all racket trophies... uggghh. I had only one crash, which was an improvement.

Has anyone tried playing big chunks of the game, and uploading saves to the cloud every few hours? Then, if you get a crash, you can delete all saves on console and download the cloud (un-crashed) saves and keep going? 

I am trying that during my current playthrough - I will let you know if I have any luck.

Closing the game (have to to access game saves on PS4) also resets stats just like when the game crashes.  Only way is rest mode which pauses the game

9 minutes ago, leprekon666 said:

Closing the game (have to to access game saves on PS4) also resets stats just like when the game crashes.  Only way is rest mode which pauses the game

Interesting - I thought it was only closing the game after a crash that caused issues. Well, I will continue along and test for myself I guess. Thanks for the info!

10 hours ago, JABing said:

Interesting - I thought it was only closing the game after a crash that caused issues. Well, I will continue along and test for myself I guess. Thanks for the info!

Like @leprekon666 said, leaving the game will reset the stats. I also mentionned that going in the main menu and turning it off completely will reset it too. If you need to close the PS4 for any reason, you can put it on sleep mode, as it leaves the game open.

For the 500K$ trophies, you got the spending one because you spent it all at the same time, but didnt get the earning one because you gain the money in deferent session (the game resetted between those two, which it didnt register). I advise to use the glitch I said on my original post with the Youtube link.

13 hours ago, cxool123 said:

Like @leprekon666 said, leaving the game will reset the stats. I also mentionned that going in the main menu and turning it off completely will reset it too. If you need to close the PS4 for any reason, you can put it on sleep mode, as it leaves the game open.

That's the part that seems odd to me, I know a few people that have played the game, turned it off between sessions, and gotten all the trophies. I assumed the glitch was then caused by a crash, and that after a crash everything you said above is true. In any case, I guess I may just find out the hard way because I have switched to other games a few times during this playthrough.

13 hours ago, cxool123 said:

For the 500K$ trophies, you got the spending one because you spent it all at the same time, but didnt get the earning one because you gain the money in deferent session (the game resetted between those two, which it didnt register). I advise to use the glitch I said on my original post with the Youtube link.

I fully intend on using the farming method you mentioned for money - thank you.

11 hours ago, JABing said:

That's the part that seems odd to me, I know a few people that have played the game, turned it off between sessions, and gotten all the trophies. I assumed the glitch was then caused by a crash, and that after a crash everything you said above is true. In any case, I guess I may just find out the hard way because I have switched to other games a few times during this playthrough.

If I remember correctly, the trophies on 1.00 were fonctionnal, and eventually further patches made them glitched. Maybe the people that got the trophies while turning off their PS4 was on older versions of the game. That's my hypothesis.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cxool123 said:

If I remember correctly, the trophies on 1.00 were fonctionnal, and eventually further patches made them glitched. Maybe the people that got the trophies while turning off their PS4 was on older versions of the game. That's my hypothesis.

Good luck!

1.0 crashed and didn’t unlock trophies. I believe patches 1.02-1.05 and 1.07-1.09 no issues.  

On 8/24/2020 at 5:45 PM, cxool123 said:

Well, not sure what happened, but this glitch doesn't work for me. Did the mission, collected the 10k, drove off a ways, came back... nothing there. Drove further away... still nothing. Oh well.

2 hours ago, JABing said:

Well, not sure what happened, but this glitch doesn't work for me. Did the mission, collected the 10k, drove off a ways, came back... nothing there. Drove further away... still nothing. Oh well.

I think the deciding factor is that you must not report to Big Jim McCormick after confronting Doc Gaston in the underground club. If you do, the money doesn't appear / is gone. I did the same mistake and finished the mission. Also somebody noted this in the comments of the Youtube video.

14 hours ago, Harrowed23 said:

I think the deciding factor is that you must not report to Big Jim McCormick after confronting Doc Gaston in the underground club. If you do, the money doesn't appear / is gone. I did the same mistake and finished the mission. Also somebody noted this in the comments of the Youtube video.

Agreed, but I hadn't done that. I was still in the mission, and still needed a bunch of money to even go and speak to Jim again. In any case, I just finished it after trying for a while, so I guess I am in for the long haul... for the 5th time so far!

I have had to start taking longer breaks from this game. So frustrating.

12 hours ago, JABing said:

Agreed, but I hadn't done that. I was still in the mission, and still needed a bunch of money to even go and speak to Jim again. In any case, I just finished it after trying for a while, so I guess I am in for the long haul... for the 5th time so far!

I have had to start taking longer breaks from this game. So frustrating.

Probably it's because you didn't talk to the informant that tells you about a warehouse (it was the 2nd informant on my playthrough), unlocking the ability to follow the red cars. At this point the glitch should be working.

4 hours ago, ViperLance34 said:

If I were to downgrade to the pre-definitive edition patch, would that fix the bugged trophies?

Patches 1.02-1.05 and patches 1.07-1.09 people said no issues. I had no issues when I did it on 1.09. No crashes, died, restarted checkpoints. Don’t remember if I put it in sleep mode as I believe I just left it on and just did it over 3 days both runs. 

• Like 2

On 04/09/2020 at 10:46 PM, JABing said:

So I flipped my 16th racket, no crashes (but over multiple sessions) and completely offline... No trophy pop. Guess it really does have to be in one sitting. Unreal.

Yes. Like I said, once you leave the game (main menu, closing app, closing completely the PS4) the statistics doesnt save. Thus when you relaunch the game, nb of Flipped Racket gets sets to 0 (like every other stats, except the informant for some reason), and you can't reach to 16 anymore, which is the condition for the trophy to pop. This is shy every trophy with a stat count are buggy.

It's such a simple thing to fix, yet they don't.

what would it be like on 1.00? do the current glitched "on sitting only" trophies pop when it's unpatched? would i still have to do them in a single sitting?

why isn't the "kill/recruit 15 informant" trophies listen as glitched, since they are cumulative as well. 

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

6 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

what would it be like on 1.00? do the current glitched "on sitting only" trophies pop when it's unpatched? would i still have to do them in a single sitting?

why isn't the "kill/recruit 15 informant" trophies listen as glitched, since they are cumulative as well. 

I did a run on 1.00 and game crashed and no trophies. I did it in one sitting too/left the game on and controller plugged in when I was idled.