How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

OK..... After "No Loose Ends" glitched on me 3 (4?) times a few years ago, I'm finally gonna give it one more try using the 1.09 method.

I used the Charles Proxy method on PS5 digital version, and it's showing v.1.09 in the Information section. I was curious - is there any place else to check to be 100% sure? Or at this point is there nothing else to do but just go for it?

Note: I turned off all auto-downloads in the system menu, so I assume there's no threat of 1.09 getting undone.

Edited by pjensen69

4 hours ago, pjensen69 said:

Note: I turned off all auto-downloads in the system menu, so I assume there's no threat of 1.09 getting undone.

The game will still try to update every time you launch it. This can’t be disabled. Make sure to cancel and delete the update so that it does not get installed. The game will not update if it’s running so it’s fairly safe.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pjensen69 said:

I’d suggest playing offline by turning the network connection off to be safe. The console will try to update to the latest patch so in order to ensure that never happens you should disconnect it from the Internet. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:48 PM, Swotam said:

I’d suggest playing offline by turning the network connection off to be safe. The console will try to update to the latest patch so in order to ensure that never happens you should disconnect it from the Internet. 

Yup, that's what I ended up doing, juuuust to be sure. 😀

And to answer my own other question about double-checking the version: 

:start: - > :l1: -> "Game" tab -> it shows version 1.09 if everything worked 

After doing a downgrade to version 1.09, and doing 7th attempt doing a no loose run, closed game as people claiming it doesn’t lose progress, without internet connection, game didn’t crash, trophy didnt pop after killing the 16th last racket boss. 

tried again for the 8th time, did a no loose end run again, killing all racket bosses without wiretapping, putting into rest mode without closing game, internet disconnected, game didn’t crash, and FINALLY the trophy popped! 😓 

To be safe than sorry, I suggest to downgrade to version 1.09 and put on rest mode. It will save you pain after pains. 

Edited by convikted__

7 hours ago, convikted__ said:

After doing a downgrade to version 1.09, and doing 7th attempt doing a no loose run, closed game as people claiming it doesn’t lose progress, without internet connection, game didn’t crash, trophy didnt pop after killing the 16th last racket boss.

You might be better off cutting your losses and walking away if you're still having trouble. There are no major trophy issues that I'm aware of with 1.09 which is why downgrading is recommended, so if you still aren't able to get the trophy to unlock then it's probably not worth any more of your time.

Did you start a new game from scratch after downgrading to 1.09?

Yes I did start a new game from scratch after installing v1.09, however, I didn’t wiretap the area during the kill run. Not sure if this what prevents it from popping, but I’ve been told that it still pops without wiretapping the area. One says this, other says that, congested my mind. 

1 hour ago, convikted__ said:

Yes I did start a new game from scratch after installing v1.09, however, I didn’t wiretap the area during the kill run. Not sure if this what prevents it from popping, but I’ve been told that it still pops without wiretapping the area. One says this, other says that, congested my mind. 

You don’t need to wiretap if you’re killing the bosses and informants, only if you want the option to spare them. I didn’t wiretap anywhere unless it was necessary on my “kill” run and the trophy unlocked no problem. 

4 hours ago, Swotam said:

You don’t need to wiretap if you’re killing the bosses and informants, only if you want the option to spare them. I didn’t wiretap anywhere unless it was necessary on my “kill” run and the trophy unlocked no problem. 

It finally popped for me 😓

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swotam said:

You don’t need to wiretap if you’re killing the bosses and informants

Don't need to wiretap informants either. The game always gives you an option to recruit them.

The only ones that need to be wiretapped are racket bosses and only if you want to recruit them.

13 hours ago, convikted__ said:

It finally popped for me 😓

Did you do anything different or it just worked finally?

12 hours ago, HusKy said:

Don't need to wiretap informants either. The game always gives you an option to recruit them.

The only ones that need to be wiretapped are racket bosses and only if you want to recruit them.

Yeah, I noticed that when I did my second playthrough. You're right that it only affects bosses.

Edited by Swotam

Add me to the list of people who were saved by the 1.09 downgrade.  😀

For the No Loose Ends run (kill the racket bosses), I had done it multiple times using all the tricks

• Do it all in one session and pray the game doesn't crash
  • Do the wiretaps even though they're not needed for the kill run (maybe it helps to have the kill/recruit option pop up?)
  • etc

I did the 1.09 trick, never did a single wiretap except for the first one, and shut the game down many times. And it popped like it was supposed to. :platinum:

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:18 PM, Swotam said:

Did you start a new game from scratch after downgrading to 1.09?

Is this step necessary?  I’m thinking of coming back to the game as I just need a kill-everyone play through.  I think I have a save from early on that would save some time but is it recommended to start fresh after downgrading to 1.09?

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

Is this step necessary?  I’m thinking of coming back to the game as I just need a kill-everyone play through.  I think I have a save from early on that would save some time but is it recommended to start fresh after downgrading to 1.09?

I think you would be best to start over since it’s speculated that 1.12 doesn’t save stats properly, so if you played on 1.12 then your save might not be tracking things right when you downgrade to 1.09.

On the other hand if you never played on 1.12 then you’re probably ok.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swotam said:

I think you would be best to start over since it’s speculated that 1.12 doesn’t save stats properly, so if you played on 1.12 then your save might not be tracking things right when you downgrade to 1.09.

On the other hand if you never played on 1.12 then you’re probably ok.

Looking at my profile, it was the latter part of 2018 (sure doesn’t feel like it was that long ago!) - no idea what version it was then.   Probably best to play it safe and restart, and I’m sure I’ve forgotten most of it, so it will feel fresh. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, Guardian_owl said:

You can also reconnect to download the DLC, and dismiss the main game update, then go back offline. Though unlike Mafia 2, the Mafia 3 DLC is not separate, it is a part of the main game map. The first DLC is a means of generating income that takes in-game to grow. So I would recommend installing the DLC before you clean up the plat, otherwise there is going to be time when you are just going to have to sit around with the game open, waiting. It takes a TON of cash to max out the DLC trophies, so starting your weed farm in the first DLC as early as possible may be helpful.

This is definitely the way to go -- do everything, including DLCs, on v1.09.

Not only you can work on the DLC trophies along the main game (e.g. weed farm), you get access to slow-mo shooting and driving right from the beginning! These 2 mechanics are super fun to use, although they also make any encounter completely trivial. But I really enjoyed using them throughout the whole game.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally decided to come back to this for the ONLY trophy I'm missing, Trap Game Strong... I restarted the game and got through more glitches in the first three districts than I remember at ALL for the first time back when this came out. :(

I tried the bridge method at least 15 times and never happened. 

I just completed the first mission in Sinclair Parish and came over to the bridge immediately... 

Has anything changed for how we can get around this buggy trophy in 2024? 

Also, I am playing on my PS5 off an external hard drive... 

This 99% is driving me up a wall... so any help would be appreciated... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OnyxBadger415 said:

I finally decided to come back to this for the ONLY trophy I'm missing, Trap Game Strong... I restarted the game and got through more glitches in the first three districts than I remember at ALL for the first time back when this came out. :(

I just completed the first mission in Sinclair Parish and came over to the bridge immediately... 

Sorry to hear that, i didn't know DLC trophies can be bugged too! 😑There was one guy on youtube saying he used the "Lassiter Nightcrawler " and it popped. It didn't work when he was using a different (standard?) car. Maybe worth a try? 

Also, have you looked into this thread? https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/286159-trap-game-strong-not-popping/

13 hours ago, OnyxBadger415 said:

Just to be clear, you're NOT doing EXACTLY the same thing that the video in the trophy guide is doing right? Those are the actions you have to do, but you have to do them during one of the last missions of the DLC, Concerned Citizen: A Good Man as mentioned in the text of the guide as you need the cops on your ass while triggering traps to ensure they count. You would get to the 9 minute point of this video, then instead of driving away to the left, you would go through the bridge, drive a bit, turn around, and go through the bridge again, over and over, until the trophy pops.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1