Any tips for Capitol City Race challenge?

RuancarloSilva

I'm also incredibly stuck on this. I'm within 100 points most times, so I am really close, but I just cannot seem to get that (literal) second I need. It's absurdly precise compared to the others. I might try re-mapping my skate and jetpack to LB/RB (playing on Xbox) as it'll probably make quicker inputs.

I watched a YouTube video where they quite literally held down the skate button at all times and just worried about jetpacking, which I'll try tomorrow.

Edited by PhantomFear94

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Holy shit fuck this race. It’s impossible to 3 star without holding dash the entire race. Just like others in this thread suggested. I remapped dash to R2 and held it the entire race and beat it my 2nd try. Hopefully this saves everyone as many hours as it took me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I just wanted to give some advice for anyone struggling with this, I remapped R2 and circle after reading this thread so I was holding R2 the whole time and jumping with X, I actually did it on my second attempt.

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the mechanics here but you basically just want to go as fast as possible and get every pickup, it doesn’t matter if you don’t hit them dead on as long as you absorb them. 
When the pickups are first dropped they are set at 100 points and this decreases the longer they are out without being picked up, so just focus on getting them quickly, and don’t worry about hitting them dead centre so long as you are following the general line.