Heart of Deimos Expansion

ChaoticDoomOfBob

The Free Heart of Deimos Expansion will be releasing on 8/25/2020 including a new open world, overhaul to the new player experience, and a new ability transfer system. This update will completely overhaul the introduction quest line to the game with new cut scenes, locations, and tutorials. The new moon will include story content, new vehicles, fishing, mining, conservation, and a new reputation system. Orikin Derelict missions will be moved into the new moon destination and many of the planets will have new unlock requirements due to the changes. The new ability transfer system will allow you to earn reputation by feeding the Helminth infested being in your personal ship material. You can sacrifice warframes at the Helminth to move an ability from one warframe to another as well as equip infested abilities. All previous open world expansions contained at least 10 trophies each over the course of 3 updates, so expect more trophies to be added starting on the 25th.

This is 3 major expansions inside of 2 months or so. Deadlock Protocol at the end of June, Steel Path in July, and Deimos in August. That's crazy impressive.

Covid seems to be slowing most games down but Warframe seems to be thriving

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Klart said:

I hope we get some new Trophies indeed. It's been a while now. The last updates had some opportunities for Trophies, but they did not us those.

Honestly, with the size of this update and all that it adds I would be shocked it they didn't add any trophies.  I can easily see ones for building your own mech, completing the quest, probably some standing with the new faction, and a few misc ones thrown in for good measure, maybe even transferring a power from one frame to another.  They really have a lot to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not official yet, but DE waited until the very last minute to submit the update for cert.  Right now there is a good chance that consoles don't get Heart of Deimos on the 25th.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212938-ps4-heart-of-deimos-update-29-status-in-cert/

Oh well, after all of these years you would think I wouldn't get my hopes up with DE.  ?

Edit: DE just updated the status of the post and the update has passed cert and will release on the 25th as planned.

Edited by SirShavesALot

On 8/23/2020 at 4:02 PM, SirShavesALot said:

It's not official yet, but DE waited until the very last minute to submit the update for cert.  Right now there is a good chance that consoles don't get Heart of Deimos on the 25th.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212938-ps4-heart-of-deimos-update-29-status-in-cert/

Oh well, after all of these years you would think I wouldn't get my hopes up with DE.  1f60b.png

Edit: DE just updated the status of the post and the update has passed cert and will release on the 25th as planned.

No trophies?

Heart of Deimos has NO trophies as of now.  This is directly from the update notes.  The update is now live on PS4.

The following new Deimos Challenges are not available as Trophies at this time. We will keep you updated and let you know if that changes:

• Jugger-Not
    • Kill 5 Juggernauts in Cambion Drift.
  • Forbidden Fruit
    • Collect 50 Ganglion from Haptic Frond.
  • Bug Out Ride
    • Ride 20 Velocipods.
  • Kill It With Fire
    • Burn 100 Infested pods.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1216407-heart-of-deimos-update-29/

I can say that I've never seen that wording, "... not available as Trophies at this time" before.  That's kind of strange.

Edited by SirShavesALot

So the in-game trophy tab of the profile has increased to 88, which includes the four new challenges above. I've 'completed' Forbidden Fruit, but it still shows a lock icon, didn't increase the completed count, and of course no PSN trophy popped. Looks like it's in an in-between state, so maybe it'll auto-pop when new trophies are added to match the challenges.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chabala said:

So the in-game trophy tab of the profile has increased to 88, which includes the four new challenges above. I've 'completed' Forbidden Fruit, but it still shows a lock icon, didn't increase the completed count, and of course no PSN trophy popped. Looks like it's in an in-between state, so maybe it'll auto-pop when new trophies are added to match the challenges.

During/after completing the requirements did the bar at the bottom on the challenges fill in or did nothing change on them?

On 8/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, SirShavesALot said:

During/after completing the requirements did the bar at the bottom on the challenges fill in or did nothing change on them?

Bar filled for Forbidden Fruit, all the way to 50. None of the others show any progress.

It's like they're more placeholders for future challenges/trophies than even functional challenges at this point.

3 hours ago, chabala said:

Bar filled for Forbidden Fruit, all the way to 50. None of the others show any progress.

It's like they're more placeholders for future challenges/trophies than even functional challenges at this point.

Hopefully just more challenges, lol.  31 DLC trophy lists is enough.  ?

• Like 1

T

5 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

I know we're on a trophy hunting site, but the lack of them in the recent update is no reason to stop playing Warframe.  If you really like the game then just play it for fun.  :)

To my knowledge, the trophies were held back due to unlock issues and there was no use in releasing them if they were glitched. There has already been 3 Hotfix Patches since the release of the expansion to address bugs. Once the major problems are all fixed, the next playstation patch should add the trophy support. 

Additionally, they are adding weapon crafting, new enemies, and new events to the expansion just as they have done with the other open world expansions so I still expect at least 3 update trophy lists for Deimos.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

On 8/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

T

To my knowledge, the trophies were held back due to unlock issues and there was no use in releasing them if they were glitched. There has already been 3 Hotfix Patches since the release of the expansion to address bugs. Once the major problems are all fixed, the next playstation patch should add the trophy support. 

Additionally, they are adding weapon crafting, new enemies, and new events to the expansion just as they have done with the other open world expansions so I still expect at least 3 update trophy lists for Deimos.

Sounds like the update needed some more time before it went live.  I've honestly been avoiding it until they get most of the bugs worked out.  I wouldn't mind more trophies, but at this point they have much more important things to worry about.  I know quite a few players who would play this game everyday for hours on end and stopped before Deimos came out or right after.  Aside from the bugs, the grind involved in Deimos is far beyond anything the Plains or Orb Vallis introduced.  Right now there's not a single friend of mine playing the game anymore.  I think that's a little more of an issue than getting more grindy trophies that add little in terms of value to the game.

The other interesting thing is when you look at the Steam achievements.  They have a lot more than PS4, they have 193 achievements.  They also only received challenges when Heart of Deimos went live that didn't make it on to Steam.  It's just an odd situation all around.  Not sure if more testing was needed and everything was rushed to meet the August 25th release or if they just decided not to add trophies to this update.  Just have to wait and see.  :)

Edited by SirShavesALot
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Sounds like the update needed some more time before it went live.  I've honestly been avoiding it until they get most of the bugs worked out.  I wouldn't mind more trophies, but at this point they have much more important things to worry about.  I know quite a few players who would play this game everyday for hours on end and stopped before Deimos came out or right after.  Aside from the bugs, the grind involved in Deimos is far beyond anything the Plains or Orb Vallis introduced.  Right now there's not a single friend of mine playing the game anymore.  I think that's a little more of an issue than getting more grindy trophies that add little in terms of value to the game.

The other interesting thing is when you look at the Steam achievements.  They have a lot more than PS4, they have 193 achievements.  They also only received challenges when Heart of Deimos went live that didn't make it on to Steam.  It's just an odd situation all around.  Not sure if more testing was needed and everything was rushed to meet the August 25th release or if they just decided not to add trophies to this update.  Just have to wait and see.  :)

I noticed that regarding steam achievements, and like you mentioned in a previous post, 31 DLC trophy packs is more than enough ? I'm seriously hoping they stop adding them tbh, or at the very least start a fresh trophy list for PS5.

On 8/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, SirShavesALot said:

Aside from the bugs, the grind involved in Deimos is far beyond anything the Plains or Orb Vallis introduced.  Right now there's not a single friend of mine playing the game anymore.  I think that's a little more of an issue than getting more grindy trophies that add little in terms of value to the game.

The grind is actually faster and easier then the previous 2 open worlds but the new token system makes it appear more complicated than it actually is. Completing either of the top Bounties from mother reward over 80 tokens which count as 8,000 syndicate standing. Its only around 4,000 standing from the highest bounty in Orb Vallis. Additionally, tokens can continue to be earned even after you have reached the standing cap for the day so you can farm the tokens after cap. 

• Like 1