DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

If this was still 2008 - 2010 they would of thrown in those grounded trophies as a requirement for the platinum. 

You guys saying you work hard everyday doesn’t cut it. I worked 60 hour days at Dollar Tree for a year or so, still was able to get some games done that required more than one playthrough. 

As much as I don’t like where Call of Duty has gone, I can give the trophy designers some respect because they actually put challenge in the DLC. Generally I just look at the base game lists and go ‘meh’.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

You are a bit late discussing the value of platinum trophies. Things like leaderboards are fucked up since years, because sony doesnt give a shit about all these crap game publishers, because they make a lot of money with them. If the same happens for exclusives it's disappointing but not the end of the world. I hope most of you would play games like TLOU even without trophies. If you get the platinum for booting the game, it wouldn't stop me from playing through the story, but it would save hours to skip the unnecessary collectible trip.

3rd Party games wouldn't be affected that much since both xbox and playstation get the same list in 99% of the time. Didn't notice a change as big as it is rn with sony titles.

1 minute ago, westersburg said:

You are a bit late discussing the value of platinum trophies. Things like leaderboards are fucked up since years, because sony doesnt give a shit about all these crap game publishers, because they make a lot of money with them. If the same happens for exclusives it's disappointing but not the end of the world. I hope most of you would play games like TLOU even without trophies. If you get the platinum for booting the game, it wouldn't stop me from playing through the story, but it would save hours to skip the unnecessary collectible trip.

3rd Party games wouldn't be affected that much since both xbox and playstation get the same list in 99% of the time. Didn't notice a change as big as it is rn with sony titles.

Sony not caring about Ratalaika trophy shop games is one thing, because you can pretty much ignore them and not play them. 

But when they start to completely fuck up the values of trophies in good games, it just pisses me off. 

Rage 2 is the best example for 3rd party. 

They actually were retarded enough to put in a DLC (!) trophy for beating the game on nightmare, which wasn't even a new difficulty added with a patch. It was there right from the release. 

Let's see what the Doom Eternal DLCs will "gift" to us. Probably a bronze trophy for beating the maingame on ultra nightmare lol

Another one that comes to my mind is Far Cry 5. Let's add a permadeath trophy one year after release when everybody already moved on to different games yeaaah. People will love it 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Sony not caring about Ratalaika trophy shop games is one thing, because you can pretty much ignore them and not play them. 

But when they start to completely fuck up the values of trophies in good games, it just pisses me off. 

Rage 2 is the best example for 3rd party. 

They actually were retarded enough to put in a DLC (!) trophy for beating the game on nightmare, which wasn't even a new difficulty added with a patch. It was there right from the release. 

Let's see what the Doom Eternal DLCs will "gift" to us. Probably a bronze trophy for beating the maingame on ultra nightmare lol

Another one that comes to my mind is Far Cry 5. Let's add a permadeath trophy one year after release when everybody already moved on to different games yeaaah. People will love it 

Refering to Far Cry: You can pretty much say the same thing about any dlc. This difficulty was added later on, like grounded in TLOU1. Since the game didnt need multiple playthroughs from the beginning (far cry 5), i can live with that. That's the same for ng+ trophies. But if you already needed 2 playthroughs for platinum and can get the 100% in 2 playthroughs as well if you started with the dlc difficulties added later on. THAT's a big FU for all of the release players.

Edited by westersburg