Considering a new account, did you ever think about that too?

YonahFuriae

7 hours ago, Eblait said:

My spare time is not the same as it was in the good old days.

We all get old. When I was 16 years old I had all the time in the world because I isolated myself during the summer. Badly suffered from Asberger’s Syndrome as well as Autism, was hard for me to meet new people. So I spent a chunk of my teenage years playing Xbox and PS2 games. 

Now at 32 years I just don’t have that kind of time anymore. Had to help out with friends and family, plus looking after younger people always takes up a lot of your time. Sometimes when the day is over I am too tired to play video games. 

7 hours ago, Eblait said:

With that said, I still want 100% in RDR (or at least platinum). If you ever get back to it for the multiplayer, let me know. 1f642.png

You need multiple people boosting. We can do some of the co-op trophies, namely the dynamite kills with Pig Josh and the normal co-op missions. 

Land Grab requires 9 people, Pa Poker Ace requires a team coordinating with each other until you get the blinds to maximum. Just an utter pain. 

I have to see if you only need two people for the horse races.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, Spaz said:

We all get old. When I was 16 years old I had all the time in the world because I isolated myself during the summer. Badly suffered from Asberger’s Syndrome as well as Autism, was hard for me to meet new people. So I spent a chunk of my teenage years playing Xbox and PS2 games. 

Now at 32 years I just don’t have that kind of time anymore. Had to help out with friends and family, plus looking after younger people always takes up a lot of your time. Sometimes when the day is over I am too tired to play video games. 

I feel you. I'm 25 now, but I'm already having trouble finding time to play games, let alone finishing it. Platinum/100% is on a whole different level.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:04 PM, Spaz said:

You need multiple people boosting. We can do some of the co-op trophies, namely the dynamite kills with Pig Josh and the normal co-op missions. 

Land Grab requires 9 people, Pa Poker Ace requires a team coordinating with each other until you get the blinds to maximum. Just an utter pain. 

I have to see if you only need two people for the horse races.

At the very least, you'll have one less player to worry about. ?

As soon as I finish Ghost of Tsushima, I'll be available. Feel free to message if you want to give it a shot.

This is the first account I've ever created and the one I regularly play with and I'm still trying to keep it at 100%, maybe one day I'll abandon it if I'll ever feel like stopping with completionism, leave it at 100% and move to another account, but since my life outside trophy hunting is as busy as it can get and I'm still able to push for 100% on every game I want to play, things will probably stay the same for a long time, but you never know.

• Like 1

I would never consider a new account for trophy hunting or 100% completion, I spended way too much time in this one and like many users, I'm old now and have way less time to spend on trophy hunting. If my account would be deleted for some reason, i would probably just stop caring about trophies and play whatever I feel like without worrying about percentages.

8 hours ago, Eblait said:

At the very least, you'll have one less player to worry about. 1f61b.png

As soon as I finish Ghost of Tsushima, I'll be available. Feel free to message if you want to give it a shot.

I can probably get around 8 - 10 trophies in Red Dead without too many issues. It's the ones that require multiple people that have me doubt I'll ever get 100 percent.

My internet isn't the best either, so that's another problem.

Just wanted to contribute to this thread. (BTW this is my alt account I share with a friend for streaming, so nothing on this profile really.)

I had the same thoughts as you. I recently noticed I had two missing timestamp trophies under one of my favorite games, and it really upset me. I even tried getting a psvita and earning the trophies again on my PSN profile to sync, to try correcting it, but nada will forever be missing timestamps.

I also have a few games on the profile that are unobtainable. So it will never hit 100%.

I strongly considered making another account, but thought of the friends on my friends list I had, the purchases I have made, the exclusive themes and content I can never download again (P.T), and 18 platinum trophies that I am really proud off. When I made that account I was in my late teens, and had really just started to game. But now being 26, and so many other things going on in my life, I just couldn't justify making another account and starting over. And honestly, I think I am hitting the point in my life where I would rather just game as a hobby and focus on other things :) I will always love gaming, and will continue to plat games. Maybe just not as obsessively lol.

I am curious what you decided to do though :D 

• 3 months later...

I created my first PS3 account back in 2008 approx and I just played games for fun, only had 35 approx platinums by the time 2014 came. I did find the incomplete games to be an eyesore ?.

So in 2015 I got a PS4, a new job and made this account, there were times I thought I bit off more than I could chew and I did think about starting again since then but I didn’t cave in. Also I tie “trophy earned” dates to real life memories so I couldn’t bring myself to do so.

I think I can stay at 100% completion for this PS4 generation but if I do get caught off guard next gen (believe me I’ll try not to ?) I won’t restart because it won’t matter as how do we know that trophies won’t get replaced in a few decades but “what if” futures aside:

Gaming was always worth it, sure I played some games for the sake of it but it was always fun especially as I don’t really play the same game more than once for trophy hunting outside the good ones such as Witcher/Skyrim etc and Ni No Kuni PS4 in the future.

Long story short, always go with your gut.

Edited by DOG-MAGE
Typo, it’s always autocorrect lol

• 3 years later...