PSNP Banner...a little something simple

Wade_VC

No offence dude but speaking from experience a flat out insult of another site never bodes well for the site. Although you and most others would agree with the comment your comment should be something positive about this site not a negative about another.

Like i said no offence meant and not trying to cause a debate tis just my opinion :D

No offence dude but speaking from experience a flat out insult of another site never bodes well for the site. Although you and most others would agree with the comment your comment should be something positive about this site not a negative about another.

Like i said no offence meant and not trying to cause a debate tis just my opinion :D

No offence taken, you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else.

I have to agree with Hobo on this one Wade. Only because I know he knows what it's like.He put a lot of time and effort in on a uk based website to have it malicously trashed by departing disgruntled (rightly so) members. I better explain here they were right to be annoyed but there actions were wholly wrong. Anyway, I digress, in the mean time the site revived a bit and now again languishes due to a daft company called IEntry.

I think that covers it, I still visit the UK trophy site and post there but come here too for the community and a little more conversation. I do agree with you about .com which is why I no longer visit there after previously being an active member. The community got the better of me there it wasn't overly friendly, lots of flaming/trolling and I had one or two issues with the staff too.

So anyway, I "voted with my feet" as the saying goes, I rose above it and took my business elsewhere as it were. I've took the time to explain all this as you're posts are well informed and you are a nice guy. You've obviously had your pain at .com to make a banner but from a background of seeing a site that didn't deserve malicious attacks and getting virtually sunk by it, it just gives you a different perspective.

Wow what a long post, in danger of being too serious there.

I would have to agree with this....

dude, Ur the fukn man. I think I will take Me 1 or 2.thumbsup.gif hahaha.

hahaha. simple, but straight to the point. I still think it's Awesome :awesome: . freedom of speech baby. don't know how long it will last, but I love it.

Why did you post again as if you read this for the first time? :mellow:

Why did you post again as if you read this for the first time? :mellow:

umm. to think about it, to reassure I guess. not to imply that he needed any. but just to show support. Y .? does this bother U in any way.?hmm-2.gif cause that was not My intention.

Wow.........relax folks; the banner was done in jest; must so many be so serious and uptight about every little thing anymore? Maybe it is a generation gap, but in my day, people laughed at humor, they were not "offended" by it nor took it so literal. I think one thing that is missing from today's society is the simple fact that too many take everything so literal and serious and have lost touch with various forms of humor.

Did I suggest using this banner on other websites to trash another?

No.

Did I suggest voting this as an official PSNP banner?

No.

Was it suggested to use it on the PSNP Trophy Cards?

No.

Was it suggested to be used as an official slogan?

No.

Did I expect everyone to like it?

No.

But, with so many real-life issues going on in today's world, I am mystified by how many take something so trivial with such seriousness.

Might I suggest a nice border of some kind for it?

As how it was done in jest and intended as an "in house" joke/use, I wasn't too concerned with the overall look of it to be honest. Had it been intended for actual advertising or off-site use, I would have added a bit if pizzazz to it rather than the generic bumper-sticker look.

As how it was done in jest and intended as an "in house" joke/use, I wasn't too concerned with the overall look of it to be honest. Had it been intended for actual advertising or off-site use, I would have added a bit if pizzazz to it rather than the generic bumper-sticker look.

Gotcha, I just like borders. :)

Wow.........relax folks; the banner was done in jest; must so many be so serious and uptight about every little thing anymore? Maybe it is a generation gap, but in my day, people laughed at humor, they were not "offended" by it nor took it so literal. I think one thing that is missing from today's society is the simple fact that too many take everything so literal and serious and have lost touch with various forms of humor.

Did I suggest using this banner on other websites to trash another?

No.

Did I suggest voting this as an official PSNP banner?

No.

Was it suggested to use it on the PSNP Trophy Cards?

No.

Was it suggested to be used as an official slogan?

No.

Did I expect everyone to like it?

No.

But, with so many real-life issues going on in today's world, I am mystified by how many take something so trivial with such seriousness.

Is this post in jest or serious?

I dunno, it seems odd to criticise someone for being serious, when you have been pretty serious yourself.

Would you rather see a response such as:

"Fuck all you who don't like it", or the response I did give?

I can assure you which one of those two responses would be better received by those whom I disagree.

Yes, my reply was indeed serious, and I felt those whose opinions I disagree with deserved a serious response. Although it is quite obvious there are two opposing opinions in regards to what is humorous (or what people perceive as humorous), I still feel it is much more respectable to respond with a serious reply rather than a crude "Fuck you" to those I disagree with as is too common on many other forums.

You can call it a "criticism" if you wish, I call it an opinion. Some stated their opinion, I stated mine.

Would you rather see a response such as:

"Quit whining you lousy, humorless fuck-tard bastards", or the response I did give?

I can assure you which one of those two responses would be better received by those whom I disagree.

Yes, my reply was indeed serious, and I felt those whose opinions I disagree with deserved a serious response. Although it is quite obvious there are two opposing opinions in regards to what is humorous (or what people perceive as humorous), I still feel it is much more respectable to respond with a serious reply rather than a crude "Fuck you" to those I disagree with as is too common on many other forums.

You can call it a "criticism" if you wish, I call it an opinion. Some stated their opinion, I stated mine.

I agree it deserved a serious response, but your serious response was based on mocking them for being serious. Isn't that illogical?

Hey guys, me again :P

Sorry this debate was exactly what i didn't want to cause lol

My point was actually aimed towards the people who take things too seriously, as i said before a slight comment like this used around a mass of children normally ends up offending someone and getting blown out of control. Political correctness gone mad i tell you lol.

It just leaves ammunition for anyone who wants to make the site look negative in any way, and whilst being part of most trophy sites on the interweb i would hate to see this happen here as after 3+ years someone finally got this shit right! What i am saying is this is by far the best site sly has out done himself and would be a shame for the site to end up being split down the middle due to stray comments, like what has happened at .co.uk, STC, .com and others.

Although i wasnt trying to act to serious about it imo it takes cautious people like me to run a smooth opperation, as alot of people find it hard to control themselves on the interweb.

Mabey i am just getting old lol (i generally found that a problem in the past, members being and acting half my age :P)

Hey guys, me again :P

Sorry this debate was exactly what i didn't want to cause lol

Nah, nothing to be sorry about. Although we obviously see things differently, I do fully understand where you are coming from and your concerns, we just approach and see things differently is all.

I have no objections to others voicing their differing opinions, because Lord knows I will give you mine. I will allow you yours if you allow me mine. Agree or not, we are all entitled to that courtesy. At times a good debate, when all parties do not resort to being exceptionally foul or crude often times lead to stronger communities, or at least a better sense of respect among those involved in such.

Although I may disagree with your original objections, I will also defend your right to share them as well and would never want nor expect you or anyone to apologize for sharing such.

...but it is a cool friggin' banner just the same! :lol:

• Like 1

Nah, nothing to be sorry about. Although we obviously see things differently, I do fully understand where you are coming from and your concerns, we just approach and see things differently is all.

I have no objections to others voicing their differing opinions, because Lord knows I will give you mine. I will allow you yours if you allow me mine. Agree or not, we are all entitled to that courtesy. At times a good debate, when all parties do not resort to being exceptionally foul or crude often times lead to stronger communities, or at least a better sense of respect among those involved in such.

Although I may disagree with your original objections, I will also defend your right to share them as well and would never want nor expect you or anyone to apologize for sharing such.

...but it is a cool friggin' banner just the same! :lol:

Nice post Wade, like you say mate but not objections or criticism just a varying opinion. Which is the humble beginnings of any good debate. I appreciate its in jest and you're a top fella so definitely no harm no foul was just sharing a little.

Off topic we'll have to get some MP on at some point.