Which is the most underrated game of all time?

kratosgreatsword

16 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Maybe not the most underrated of all-time, but of recent games, it has to be Outer Wilds.

Piecing together clues and solving mysteries while flinging myself across a small but incredibly well-realized planetary system was one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had playing a video game. The sense of discovery rivals the all-time greats, the puzzles are brilliant but never obtuse, and the natural horrors of space terrified me more than most actual horror games. I was so completely captivated by the experience that I forgot all about food and sleep for much longer than I care to admit. 

ahh yes its a captivating experience for sure

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 2:56 PM, ExistentialSolid said:

Maybe not the most underrated of all-time, but of recent games, it has to be Outer Wilds.

I really need to play this game. I have avoided watching playthroughs to avoid spoilers I practically forgot about it (plus had other games to play).

For me, probably Vagrant Story. It got lost in the slew of Squaresoft JRPGs towards the end of the PS1 life-cycle and it was a bit complicated. 

• Like 1

Here are five for the PS4. Each with a platinum trophy for those who care:

428: Shibuya Scramble - Next to Steins;Gate as my favourite visual novel. It's all told in real life photography and probably has a good chunk of Western appeal, plus one of the most engrossing and funny stories I've ever experience in a video game.

Linelight - Amazing small puzzle game. Puzzle design is elegant and difficulty is spot on. Sleek art style, and great ost.

Songbird Symphony - Extremely charming pixelated adventure/rhythm game. That this has fewer than a thousand owners on here is a tragedy.

Octahedron - Trippy and difficult platformer with a pretty unique game mechanic of making platforms underneath you. Not for people who wants an easy plat.

88 Heroes - Fun and funny platformer where you have 88 lives. Each life is a hero who all have different ways of controlling, some of them extremely experimental and weird. This is like a game design masterclass.

On 29.8.2020 at 4:54 PM, Conker said:

The Neverhood imho great game and seriously underrated 

God tier opinion. Claymation, endless halls of lore, devious puzzles, and the best game ost ever made? This game has it all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion walking sims are very underrated. There's a LOT of really great walking sims out there that a lot of gamers neglect because they think they're 'boring'. Each to its own of course but some walking sims have a really deep and compelling stories.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is one of the better story driven games walking sims I played in a long time. Also Dear Esther, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Gone Home and What Remains of Edith Finch are high on my favorites list.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have 20 games. Here are my list, some games I've played, some that I haven't but I want to.

20. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

19. Disc Jam

18. My Name is Mayo 1&2 (tie)

17. Megadimension Neptunia VII

16. 88 Heroes

15. Spellspire

14. Effie

13. Bugsnax

12. Code Vein

11. Black Desert

10. Erica

9. OliOli 1&2 (tie)

8. The Raven

7. Maneater

6. Hotline Miami 2

5. Whiteboyz wit Attitude: The Pursuit of Money

4. Ready Set Heroes

3. Reverie

2. Sonic Forces

and my most underrated game of all-time is.....

Stick It to The Man!!!

Edited by MochizukiAmey

Final Fantasy X-2 & XIII. Both games seem to be looked down upon by the Final Fantasy community and I don't get why, I got the platinum in both games and I'd do it al over again, I absolutely loved my time with both games and they don't deserve the hate they get, wonderful games. Metal Gear Solid 2 is another, conspired by many to be the worst mainline Metal Gear, I consider it the best.

If we go in time travel to 2006, I would hard argue for Battalion Wars.

A rip off from the Advance Wars series from the old Game Boy Advance, its approach on a home console was absurdly well-developed and translated for that scheme. It was the first real-time strategy game I've ever and probably only tried, and can say was so amazing and beautiful that was so hard to find in my country that I had to ask my relatives in the States to buy it for me, and they find it. Absolutely recommended for anyone who's interested in retro gaming and try a different taste from modern RTS genre. I love it since it really has that army, warfare feeling despite it's really cartoonish but that boost its overall immersion into the play through.

Here's an old review made by GameSpot in the day: