suggestions for halloween viewing

xzero4812

Does anyone have any plans for watching anything interesting this halloween? as most of the films released this year have been lackluster i am interested in know inf if there are any independent horror films to look out for???

Edit:exuse the mistype of Halloween :blush:

Edited by xzero4812

I hear Insiduous is meant to be good (not watched it myself though so can't confirm either way)

I kind of have a thing for naff films so you could try Sharknado, Rubber, Bubba Ho-Tep (although more comedy/fantasy)

Also, could opt for a Stephen King evening so IT, Pet Sematary, Sleepwalkers, Rose Red, Carrie...just to name a few of my favourites :)

• Like 2

I got off the new movie train a long time ago, but as far as (relative) oldies go. Anytime between October begins and December ends is perfect for A Nightmare before Christmas. A VH1 Halloween special screening was the first time I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was younger, and it fits the season. The late 90's remake of House on Haunted Hill is a fun trip that doesn't drag much, require much thought or immersion, or take itself too seriously. Anything from Romero, especially his older stuff (original Dawn of the Dead may have been his opus magnum), but even his newer works work. The previous post mentioned Stephen King movies, I agree. 

Actually, the vast majority of the Horror genre works well here, just gotta get yourself in the right mood.

• Like 2

Here's some recommendations:

Any Universal Classic Horror movies.

Any Hammer Horror films

Halloween

John Carpenter's The Thing

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead (original & remake)

Day of the Dead

Alien (while it's sci-fi,it does have the horror movie feel of it)

The Fly (original & remake)

Friday the 13th

Nightmare on Elm Street

Night of the Creeps

Pitch Black, Shaun of the Dead and Army of Darkness are noteworthy and have not been mentioned yet. 

I find it odd that you would mention Army of Darkness when that is easily the least like a horror movie out of the trilogy. It's essentially a comedy, whereas the first two are top notch horror movies. That being said, it's still a good movie.

I find it odd that you would mention Army of Darkness when that is easily the least like a horror movie out of the trilogy. It's essentially a comedy, whereas the first two are top notch horror movies. That being said, it's still a good movie.

I liked Evil Dead 1 & 2 more than Army of Darkness.

But that's just my opinion.

Dead Snow.

It's a Norwegian zombie movie about a group of students in a cabin in the mountains of Norway trying to survive an attack from Nazi zombies. It sounds pretty ridiculous from that description, and it probably is, but I enjoyed watching it.

Also, you can watch the original production from 1968 of Night of the Living Dead, in full, on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuE-CyYsdQ

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Dead Snow.

It's a Norwegian zombie movie about a group of students in a cabin in the mountains of Norway trying to survive an attack from Nazi zombies. It sounds pretty ridiculous from that description, and it probably is, but I enjoyed watching it.

Also, you can watch the original production from 1968 of Night of the Living Dead, in full, on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuE-CyYsdQ

Dead Snow was great, I'm surprised somebody mentioned it,

I thought 1 & 2 were better too, Army of Darkness was basically a comedy.

If you notice I mentioned Shaun of the Dead too . . .another horror type comedy.

I personally like those type movies more than pure horror, which I find to be corny and unbelievable in general.

Speaking of which, "Thankskilling" is a good horror comedy. More so for its ridiculousness than anything else. Killer Turkey + bad special effects = Unintentional hilarity :D

i dunno. horror movies these days suck. usually the one with sex and nudity suck the worst. the classic movies are the best! stephen kings "it" was a good movie. Then other movies like 28 days later and REC are also good movies. Survival, Jumpscare, and a bit of action and good story is what I need in a horror movie. Now just creepypasta & horror games from the internet are the things that creep me out. just depends on taste...

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid

Pumpkinhead

Puppet Master 1, and 2

Skinwalkers

Childs Play

Friday The 13th any of the series 

A Nightmare on Elm Street series

Hellraiser 1,2,3

Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight

House on Haunted Hill the remake... the original kinda bored me

The Evil Dead 1 and 2

Night Breed