Game advice for my girlfriend - Co-op PS4 games

Cauvuh_Lakrwa

I second

Trine Series

Rayman Legends

Unravel 2

In addition to that:

Hidden Agenda. It's like an interactive movie where 2 players follow a police investigation and they decide what to do in many moments, sometimes they cooperate and sometimes the compete on the next objective.

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Edited by Evil_Joker88

11 minutes ago, westersburg said:

are you suggesting that, so she instantly loses every interest in gaming? xD

You could play it with her on light difficulty for starters. Once she becomes familiar with and fully understands the game's controls, you could play it on higher difficulties.

I'm not sure how interesting jackbox game packs are with just 2 people, but its an option.

Game show or board game collections would be another option. 

The advice from the other comments are probably better though. Overcooked in particular is a great co-op franchise. Borderlands might be a good way to introduce her to fps if she hasnt tried it yet.

I play with my wife cook Server delicious 2. Trophywise a really hard game but she loves it and i think we will platinum the game in the near Future :D part 3 is recently Released so i know the next game for us. 

In Addition she liked most of the storybase games from telltale or like detroit become human 

Edited by Inuty

On 10/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

Since the start of the coronacrisis I started my trophyhunt. My girlfriend is very supportive and likes to see me gaming. Just recently she asked me if there was a way to play games together (co-op) just like super mario to play together. Have you got any ideas/suggestions? She is inexperienced with games (she occasionally plays super mario on the switch of her brother), but I think easy platformers with a possibility to co-op are a good start. 

Any suggestions? 

Actually  a good couples game is "a way out" play it w the gurl im dating easy game to play and is a experience fir both

The Lego games are good, of course, but those have been mentioned.  Another game that I've enjoyed playing couch co-op with my special lady would be River City Girls, the game's a lot of fun with a lot of personality.  And another game that my girlfriend and I play a lot together, we'll go through times where we're playing it once a day, would be Monopoly Plus.  There's no platinum trophy to go for like there is with River City Girls, although there really maybe should be with all the in-game medals you can go for and unlock, but Monopoly is a classic because it's fun.

River-City-Girls-3.jpgss_ca414681d6a0d2a64ec8ec12ec280f808e4cdd2e.1920x1080.jpg?t=1587165889

Edited by Cherrywood

They’ve already been mentioned but Overcooked, Overcooked 2 and A Way Out are all games I’ve played with my boyfriend and have the platinum on. 
We’re currently playing Moving Out which is in the same vein as Overcooked. It’s been fun so far!

If you’re interested in something a bit more challenging, Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3 can also be played couch co-op. 
Hope this helps and happy gaming! 

Mrs Bee played very few video games before meeting me, but she saw how much I enjoy them, and she has given them a try over the past several years.  She started from a place where in a first person shooter, she had a difficult time handling both walking and aiming the reticle at the same time, but as she played more, she slowly got better, so some of these co-op games we played together have been later in her gaming career, so they may not all work now, but could work in the future.

- Deathspank series.  I believe there were two or three of them, and they are cute, funny and simple co-op adventures.

- Cat Quest 2.  The first game was good, but did not have co-op.  The second does.  It is a short game (we finished it in a weekend), but was fun while playing it.

- Diablo 3.  This may be misleading, as DIablo was one of the few games she had played in the before times, but we both had lots of fun playing this together.

- Overcooked 1 & 2.  These have been mentioned before, but they are both fantastic games.  They get better the more people you have to play with, but would still be fun with 2.

- Guacamelee 1 or 2.  I am pretty sure they are both co-op, and they were both fun when we played them.

- Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon.  The co-op player has complete freedom to run around and be safe in this game, so could be a fun early game.

- Stardew Valley.  We haven't actually used the co-op side of this game, but we did play it side by side a few years ago.  Could be fun to be on the same farm.

- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.  Mrs Bee did not like this game at all, but I enjoyed it, and it has a strong co-op element, so worth looking into.

- Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.  I was always a big fan of this series, so a go-op game was a must for me.  It wasn't too long or difficult, but was fun while it lasted.

- Ibb & Obb.  A fun platformer/puzzle game.

- Portal 2.  A fantastic game, but could be difficult early on.

- Borderlands series.  She struggled early on, but the advantage to a co-op FPS, is I can protect her and help carry her through the game so she can get a feeling for the controls without the frustration.  Now when we pick them up, she is often the one coming in to save me because I did something stupid, so she has come a long way.

- Destiny 1 or 2.  Not as good as the borderlands series, but still a fun game we could play together.

- Fall Guys.  Also not really a "co-op" game per say, but you can both play together.  May be rough as an early game, but could be fun if she was interested.

- Monster Hunter World.  She enjoyed this at first, but it quickly became overwhelming, so mileage may vary.

- Genshin Impact.  Not really a co-op game, but she absolutely loves this game, and I still have not figured out why.  But we have been playing this "together" since it came out.

• Like 1

I had a quick skim over the responses and there's a game that I played with my gaming buddy a couple of years ago that's brilliant: Fat Princess Adventures

Cheeky, light-hearted humour is the order of the day in this comedy adventure. Go into battle with up to three friends in a quest to slay monsters, steal loot, rescue the princesses, gobble cake and defeat the evil Bitter Queen. Choose from four signature character classes – Warrior, Mage, Archer or Engineer – each with their own unique abilities and progression paths. Then customise them with armour, weapons and other accessories to ensure glory in the land of Great Bitten.

It's FULL to the brim with puns, dodgy humour and is so much fun to play. I remember laughing so much whilst playing this.

If you're trophy hunting: the platinum is hard work (you have to do three playthroughs on different difficulties) but totally worth it if you enjoy the game.

I'd say the platinum was a 4/10 for difficulty, especially if you have a co-op partner, and will take roughly 25-30 hours.

Definitely worth a look. It tends to go on sale fairly often, too. If you do pick it up, I hope you both have a blast.

Edited by Desmuria