Game advice for my girlfriend - Co-op PS4 games

Cauvuh_Lakrwa

Since the start of the coronacrisis I started my trophyhunt. My girlfriend is very supportive and likes to see me gaming. Just recently she asked me if there was a way to play games together (co-op) just like super mario to play together. Have you got any ideas/suggestions? She is inexperienced with games (she occasionally plays super mario on the switch of her brother), but I think easy platformers with a possibility to co-op are a good start. 

Any suggestions? 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

Since the start of the coronacrisis I started my trophyhunt. My girlfriend is very supportive and likes to see me gaming. Just recently she asked me if there was a way to play games together (co-op) just like super mario to play together. Have you got any ideas/suggestions? She is inexperienced with games (she occasionally plays super mario on the switch of her brother), but I think easy platformers with a possibility to co-op are a good start. 

Any suggestions? 

You could try a LEGO game based on your favorite series (Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, Ninjago, etc.) Those are always fun in coop! You could try the pass-and-play function on Crash 4. I know LittleBigPlanet 3 has coop, though I can't say much for the game. She might like Death Squared, though it's not a platformer. 

Currently in the same boat as you, and I agree with the above advice. 

My girlfriend and I have been playing LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 and will be moving to the next game afterwards. She’s having a blast. Can easily be switched from split screen co-op to singe player at any time. Any LEGO games are fun with another person honestly. The LittleBigPlanet series is also a joy in co-op. 

6 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Honestly, a great Visual Novel is great to play together and to experience the story together is fun to the max. The Nonary Games, Danganronpa and the Science Adventure series are all great picks

I have to agree with this^

Whilst VNs are single player only, you can have a lot of fun making decisions together on which path to take - which also has the benefit of giving you a shoulder to cry on if the story hits you like a freight train. If you do go down this route, then Song of Memories is a great choice :).

• Like 1

Some suggestions off the top of my head:

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Controls may be a little awkward for someone not too experienced with games, but it's not a hard game from what I remember. Plat is not really easy but not overly difficult either.

Overcooked - Fun and addictive little co-op game. I don't think it has a plat though (played this one on Xbox One)

Unravel 2 - It can have a few frustrating moments but it's a lot easier than the first game from what I remember. Not sure how difficult the plat is.

A Way Out - Very easy plat, don't know if it's something I'd recommend to someone not super familiar with games but it's definitely not hard by any means.

• Like 1

Platforms? Rayman, Little Big Planet are good options

apart from those, my gf and I have played:

-Army of 2, Doctor Who, Borderlands, kid-film based games like Up, Rise of the guardians... Lego games of course, idk, there're a lot of good coop games! Take a look at some "top coop games" on YT, you'll get something :D

LEGO games for sure, if you like scary/ horror I think Man of Medan has co-op and you could take turns controlling people in Until Dawn. 

If you like strategy games, you can do Civ 6 hot seat mp games against each with or without pc enemies. Be warned while an easy base game, there is a of lot paid DLC and there is at least one bugged trophy the devs have yet to fix so 100% is not possible currently. (Platinum is possible.)

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I was already thinking about little big planet and Rayman. The visual novels are a good tip. 

I asked for platformers, but am happy with all fun games which are fun to play together. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I was already thinking about little big planet and Rayman. The visual novels are a good tip. 

I asked for platformers, but am happy with all fun games which are fun to play together. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks! 

visual novels are honestly the most entertaining and interesting if she is into them