Unreleased/Cancelled Games removed from series'?

Nitro

So this is not a super need change nor do I know if it would be possible due to how hard coded it may be, but one I wouldn't mind nonetheless.

Series is something I like and when trying to complete one. I like having a look and seeing which ones I still need to do, which brings me to the series: Robotics;Notes

Some of you may know that a Chinese Vita version was planned but ultimately cancelled very close to release (no clue why, but it is what it is). The trophy list got synced to PSN, despite the game being cancelled & a byproduct of this means it is automatically merged into the Robotics;Notes series here on PSNP:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/570-roboticsnotes

So although I feel it's not a big change, are we able to get cancelled titles such as this removed from the series list?

Cheers

• Like 2

Yeah that makes sense, otherwise it's impossible to truly complete the series. I went ahead and removed it but it will still show up the sidebar under 'other platforms and regions'.

I know there are other series with examples of some DLC trophies never released and stuff for some regions, but those aren't as clear cut to just simply remove it like this one

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah that makes sense, otherwise it's impossible to truly complete the series. I went ahead and removed it but it will still show up the sidebar under 'other platforms and regions'.

I know there are other series with examples of some DLC trophies never released and stuff for some regions, but those aren't as clear cut to just simply remove it like this one

Here's the full list of everything I know of that hasn't been released but because some of the items are DLC, they'll be borderline impossible to remove from the series feature:

Unreleased games and DLCs that have synced trophy lists

PS3:

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC (Asia only)

Reason: The trophy support patch was released for this DLC but 2K never bothered releasing the actual DLC.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC (JP)

Reason: Due to a glitch/oversight with the 1.05 save file export patch, the trophies for this DLC were added but the DLC itself was never released in any form.

Burn Zombie Burn!: Zombie Sushi DLC

Reason: The list was released but for reasons unknown, the developers couldn't be bothered to release the DLC itself.

Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road DLC (Eastern Europe)

Reason: If your copy was published by 1C-Cenega, then these trophies are unobtainable because the DLC was never released for that version of the game.

Fallout: New Vegas - Gun Runners' Arsenal DLC (Eastern Europe)

Reason: If your copy was published by 1C-Cenega, then these trophies are unobtainable because the DLC was never released for that version of the game.

Monster Hunter: Frontier G (China) (PS3 & Vita)

Reason: The list was released but this stack never materialised.

NBA Elite

Reason: The game was cancelled only days away from launch. There are a few copies available on Ebay from the limited amount of stock that was actually shipped to stores but they sell for ludicrous amounts of money so unless you have a few thousand Pounds/Dollars hiding down the side of your Sofa, don't bother.

Playstation Home (Unknown Stack)

Reason: This is thought to be the Developer version but no-one is 100% sure.

Red Faction: Guerilla - Demon's of the Badlands DLC (Middle East)

Reason: If your copy was published in the Middle East, then these trophies are unobtainable because the DLC was never released for that version of the game.

Superstars V8: Next Challenge (NA)

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (Unknown Stack)

PS4:

A-Train Express + (Unknown Stack)

CoolPaintr VR (Unknown stack)

Dark Quest 2 (EU only)

Number of Affected Trophies: All of them

Reason: Due to a blunder by the developer, the game was never submitted to PEGI for a rating so was delisted before release to avoid being fined for releasing an uncertified game. Since the devs are only a tiny company with limited funds, this stack will never return to the PS Store.

Fat City: NYC (Unknown stack) (PS4 & Vita)

Journey to the Savage Planet: Hot Garbage DLC

Reason: This DLC was never released in Japan, despite its trophy list being available at launch.

My Riding Stables: Life with Horses (Unknown stack)

NBA Playgrounds 2

Reason: The game was delisted before release, then re-released as NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 but this new version has its own separate list.

Octonaut (JP)

Reason: The game was delisted suddenly and without warning but the JP version never got the chance to be released. The game has since been re-released in all regions as "Takotan".

Predator VR

Reason: The list was released months ago but the game never materialised.

Project Nimbus: Code Mirai (NA)

Reason: The list was released but this stack never materialised, though the game did see a release in the US a few months later in an updated Complete Edition with a separate list.

Remnant: From the Ashes - Subject 2923 DLC (JP)

Reason: The list was released months ago but the DLC never materialised.

Serious Sam HD Collection

Reason: The list was released nearly 2 years ago but the game never materialised.

Spectrum (Unknown stack)

Truck Driver: Hidden Places & Damage System DLC (both stacks)

Reason: The most recent patch was a dumpster fire, that trashed the game and forced the DLC to be massively delayed so the devs can fix the mess they created.

Wonder Boy Returns (Unknown stack)

Vita:

Mecho Tales (EU only)

Reason: The EU Vita stack was never released for some reason, though it's thought that poor sales of the other 3 stacks might be to blame.

Robotics;Notes Elite (China) (Vita)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - DLCs (everywhere except Japan)

Reason: The DLCs were never released for the Vita version of the game but the lists were because they are shared with the PS4 release, thus the relevant trophies are unobtainable if you don't have the PS4 version. The Japanese version never received the DLC trophy patch, thus it isn't affected by this problem

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Here's the full list of everything I know of that hasn't been released but because some of the items are DLC, they'll be borderline impossible to remove from the series feature:

Thanks! Regarding series in particular I've removed the Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, NBA Playgrounds, and Wonder Boy Returns lists that never released from their series pages.

• Like 1

I'd like to add the following lists that apparently were never released, but are still part of a series:

There's also the season match things, but that series just seems to be way too obscure. 

Also, on Burn zombie Burn!, the DLC Zombie Sushi was never released.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

NBA Elite

Reason: The game was cancelled only days away from launch. There are a few copies available on Ebay but they sell for ludicrous amounts so unless you have a few thousand Pounds/Dollars hiding down the side of your Sofa, don't bother.

I wouldn't throw this list away. There are still 501 or so people who earned trophies on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

I'd like to add the following lists that apparently were never released, but are still part of a series:

There's also the season match things, but that series just seems to be way too obscure. 

Also, on Burn zombie Burn!, the DLC Zombie Sushi was never released.

I wouldn't throw this list away. There are still 501 or so people who earned trophies on them.

I'd forgotten about some of those so will update the list in a bit :).