1-Upsmanship (Ancient Gods 1)

Sicho

47 minutes ago, Joseph-Follows said:

The dlc isn't too bad to finish with 5 lives, I finished it an hour ago with 10 lives left. 

if it's like the main game than finishing with 5 extra life probably means five more than you start with. So 8 should be the minimum, I reckon. That means, if there are 11 to find, you can lose 6.

I'm asking because I already lost a life because of a very stupid mistake in the middle of level 1. So I was contemplating restarting. But I think I'll try to push through, since it seems that you can lose 6 lives when you find them all :)

Thanks!

Edited by Sicho

I'm not too sure about that as never even thought about if it's lives additional to what you start with but as I had 10 I'll never know. 

Personally I'd try to get level 1 done with all extra lives so you'll be on 7 without losing a life. You could even cheat a little by uploading your save to the cloud every checkpoint to make sure you have enough lives for the final battle but as this is more of a run through than finding collectables and doing secret encounters you'll have plenty without it. All the best with it. 

3 hours ago, Sicho said:

if it's like the main game than finishing with 5 extra life probably means five more than you start with. So 8 should be the minimum, I reckon. That means, if there are 11 to find, you can lose 6.

I'm asking because I already lost a life because of a very stupid mistake in the middle of level 1. So I was contemplating restarting. But I think I'll try to push through, since it seems that you can lose 6 lives when you find them all :)

Thanks!

I went straight in blind on ultra violence extra life mode without knowing how much of a challenge the DLC would be and as a result scraped a finish with exactly 5 lives left and the trophy popped no problem so hopefully that helps ease your worries.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

was enjoying the dlc till blood swamps. what I don't understand is, if they make a gun that noone uses because it absolutely fucking sucks. why create a new hardest of the hard enemy and have it so you need that shittiest worthless gun noone uses just to kill it. this game is just a sweaty headache inducing mess now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26.11.2020 at 2:25 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

was enjoying the dlc till blood swamps. what I don't understand is, if they make a gun that noone uses because it absolutely fucking sucks. why create a new hardest of the hard enemy and have it so you need that shittiest worthless gun noone uses just to kill it. this game is just a sweaty headache inducing mess now.

The gun isn't shitty, the mod is shitty and doesn't have any right to exist.

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2021 at 2:27 AM, Mossekk said:

The gun isn't shitty, the mod is shitty and doesn't have any right to exist.

What? The Microwave Beam? Besides Spectres I used it a decent amount on the main campaign. Holds fast enemies like the Whiplash in place, especially good for splash damage with the shield carrying zombies.

• 11 months later...
On 11/25/2020 at 8:25 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

That's the point, the DLC encourages you to use and master your entire arsenal because it's going to throw literally every type of enemy at you at once. It tells you that before you even start.

And the microwave beam is incredibly useful in the right situations as it slows enemies down and gives you precious room to breathe. I used it quite a bit throughout the DLC, far from worthless if you know how to use it properly. 

• 3 months later...

I would like to add, that trophy 1-Upsmanship (Ancient Gods 1) likes to glitch. I don't know if they fixed it, but when I was doing it, I didn't get the trophy for finishing the game with more than 5 lives. It only happend in Ancient Gods 1, in 2 everything was ok.

I had to replay whole last level (or maybe whole dlc, don't remember). Dunno why this happens, but it seems it happens even on Xbox (you can read many complains on other achievement sites and reddit). 

So, I advise to make a save backup before the fight with final boss, so you don't have to waste your time for replaying whole level like I had to. 

Edited by Patrickosan