Is this game supposed to be....adult or is it just awkwardly titled?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1675-CUSA17138_00-SYPS4BREEDERHOME

“Breeder Homegrown is a short horror game about a family dealing with a strange creature over several generations. You will encounter some puzzles but the game relies mostly on atmosphere, music and dialogues. Perfect for people who enjoyed games like «To the Moon» or «Undertale» and want to spend an hour having a similar experience.

The whole experience takes about 40-90 minutes depending on how much you want to explore.”

I don’t know how wide-spread your familiarity the term breeder is with this crowd in general. 

2 hours ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

I have no intention of playing the game so I don't particularly care either way, but I saw the title pop up and was curious if the game was of a more...adult theme or if the title is just super awkward? The image on PSN Profiles makes me believe it's the latter.

Honestly, I dont see how you came to either of your conclusions. Nothing jumped out at me as neither awkward or adult themed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

Honestly, I dont see how you came to either of your conclusions. Nothing jumped out at me as neither awkward or adult themed. 

I didn’t say I came to any conclusion. I’m just aware of the context the OP used. And the OP didn’t even say they came to a conclusion, they asked a question. 

You clearly aren’t familiar with how breeder is used in the way they are referencing.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

I didn’t say I came to any conclusion. I’m just aware of the context the OP used. And the OP didn’t even say they came to a conclusion, they asked a question. 

You clearly aren’t familiar with how breeder is used in the way they are referencing.

And I clearly wasnt quoting you in my post =) but thank you for clarifying you weren't concluding anything. As for the OP, clearly his question was him assuming, based on the title, it was either adult themed or just awkward, which is a conclusion. Cheers.

Just now, Atom1cMoose said:

And I clearly wasnt quoting you in my post =) but thank you for clarifying you weren't concluding anything. As for the OP, clearly his question was him assuming, based on the title, it was either adult themed or just awkward, which is a conclusion. Cheers.

Ah yes, I misread how you used either. 

So you’re not familiar with how the word breeder is used in the way they’re referencing?

I've also seen "breeder" used a lot (especially by the childfree community) to describe people who have children but neglect/abuse them, people who impose their children on others... Basically any parent who refuses to show responsibility for bringing their child into the world.

It can also refer to those with absurdly large families.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:57 AM, DaivRules said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1675-CUSA17138_00-SYPS4BREEDERHOME

“Breeder Homegrown is a short horror game about a family dealing with a strange creature over several generations. You will encounter some puzzles but the game relies mostly on atmosphere, music and dialogues. Perfect for people who enjoyed games like «To the Moon» or «Undertale» and want to spend an hour having a similar experience.

The whole experience takes about 40-90 minutes depending on how much you want to explore.”

I don’t know how wide-spread your familiarity the term breeder is with this crowd in general. 

As other comments have mentioned what I was referring to was it related to breeder in the "breeding" context or breeder in the "animal husbandry" sense, in which case the title seemed to be phrased in an awkward manner.

If there is some specific reference in the horror genre about the word breeder I am completely ignorant of it. Based on the description you posted it does seem that the game focuses more on the animal husbandry side.

I dunno... The first thing that came to my mind, only after reading the title and having no idea wtf this is to begin with, was a game about growing and breeding your own marijuana?! So in a sense OP, I agree that I thought it was adult-themed ?

Now that being said, you can see where my mind is at 10 minutes before I clock out of work ??

Edited by Joe Dubz

• 2 years later...