Trophy Thoughts?

dylansko

Seems pretty simple, pretty much every trophy is completing chapters it looks like. Kind of disappointing there's no misc. trophies to go for and no idea how tough the "Roll All Items" trophy will be. Excited for this remake though

Edited by dylansko

It's a bit harder than 3/10 i'd say. I've went for this achievement on pc and a couple of the objects are tough to get. Especially the make taurus and make ursa levels are bothersome because they flip the katamari formula on it's head. In both levels you have to roll up the largest Cow and Bear respectively. That sounds somewhat doable, but the catch is that the level ends as soon as you roll up any cow or bear and the levels are of course littered with ursine and bovine obstacles. That means you have to have an amazing overlook of the level and not just roll everything up as usual - that would only result in ending the level prematurely.
It isn't impossible, but it is somewhat frustrating, so be ready for minor annoyances.

Other than that be prepared for doing the same levels 3-4 times each. You could theoretically get everything in two runs, but it is very unlikely, you could do that since some objects are very obscurely located. And it is hard to keep track of which of the 1438 objects you already have collected and which you haven't.  

2 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

I did Katamari Forever, this one should be a cake. I'm assuming old PS2 guides would work for the locations of objects and gifts. Does anyone know if the original soundtrack is still present or if it's redone? OG is one of the best soundtracks in existence.

Already Tried the steam version, same OST

And so i've failed my mission to plat Katamari Forever before this releases, but yeah this shouldn't be too tricky at all, especially with a present guide to hand, given the amount of time i've spent playing katamari I may even see how I do without the guide, agree with above 3/10 difficulty 

I have the plat for Katamari Forever. I can say with most certainty that, if rolling every item is comparable to that game, this will not necessarily be an easy one to get! Just to give you some perspective, the current rarity here on PSNP for the KF plat sits at 5.16%. Although with that being said,  this list looks a bit more straightforward and I'm also bummed there are no miscellaneous ones to get.

At any rate, I'm super stoked that this is out and I will most definitely be going for this one too ? Katamari is such a fantastic series and I only hope more peeps can experience its zany majesty!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Look OK to me.

Is this a remaster of the first game? Is it Katamari Forever? Is it a new game altogether?

This has actually been out for awhile now on Switch, so I've played a bit with the wife over there. I never played the original previously, but I do believe this is a remaster of that if I'm not mistaken! It almost felt like a dumbed down version of KF, so to speak, which leads me to believe this with no prior research ??

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1