PS5 version crashes on startup.

Lightsp33d1987

I'm waiting since day-one to finally start the game, looks like some could get the platinum ... some others still have big issues with trophies and crash :/

I will start it today and see by myself how it works ... maybe it works just fine when you start from scratch with the last patch ? ^^'

Will come back here to let people know how it's working for me :)

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I'm waiting since day-one to finally start the game, looks like some could get the platinum ... some others still have big issues with trophies and crash :/

I will start it today and see by myself how it works ... maybe it works just fine when you start from scratch with the last patch ? ^^'

Will come back here to let people know how it's working for me :)

I dont think so because it crashes during the first start of the game.. you cant even start a race

1 hour ago, Pinselneo said:

I dont think so because it crashes during the first start of the game.. you cant even start a race

59 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Yeah that's how mine is soon as i click X it crashes so can't even get to the main menu.

I played 1 hour or 2 and 0 crash of the game for me ...

But i think i just finished chapter 2 ... and no trophy unlocked -_- (worked fine for chapter 1)

When do you know that you finished a chapter ? When the background change color ? :o 

2 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

I played 1 hour or 2 and 0 crash of the game for me ...

But i think i just finished chapter 2 ... and no trophy unlocked -_- (worked fine for chapter 1)

When do you know that you finished a chapter ? When the background change color ? :o 

Yeah if i remember right the background is the chapter you normally have like a final event per chater like a 1 vs 1 i think been a while since i plat it.

Ok so because it looks like i couldn't unlock any trophy anymore, i just tried an easy one : rate a playground => it didnt work ! -_-

So i stop the game on ps5 (closed the app), restarted it, and tried to rate a playground again => trophy unlocked !

I did one lap in the next race i needed to do in chapter 3, i unlocked "Complete 10 clean laps"

When race was over, i DIDN'T unlocked trophy for chapter 2 !

I already did 2 of the 3 races at the end of chapter 2, so i tried to unlock the 3rd race for chapter 2, and won it, and trophy finally unlocked !!

So if you are supposed to get a trophy, and nothing happen, just close the game and try again, it worked for me ... at least for now ^^'

Just now, Lightsp33d1987 said:

That came out a few days ago and did not fix this problem.

It means I had issue with reinstalling newest patch. I have deleted and then reinstalled game yesterday. New patch popping this morning.

Just receive plat after completed Throwdowns events.

Just now, Eking07 said:

It means I had issue with reinstalling newest patch. I have deleted and then reinstalled game yesterday. New patch popping this morning.

Just receive plat after completed Throwdowns events.

That is not the problem this thread is about, This thread is about people that have a problem where the game crashes before even getting to the main menu so can't even select/play events etc.

I've had someone who also experienced the start-up bug put their PS5 in offline mode, after which they could boot the game.

They also had a large friends list (500+). Some games on PS4 gave issues with large friends list and, as this is a cross-gen title, I suspect something similar is going here.

Booting the game in offline mode isn't a workable solution long-term, buy if you just want to go 'speedy race cars go vroom' it might be a temporary solution.

14 minutes ago, NewDust said:

I've had someone who also experienced the start-up bug put their PS5 in offline mode, after which they could boot the game.

They also had a large friends list (500+). Some games on PS4 gave issues with large friends list and, as this is a cross-gen title, I suspect something similar is going here.

Booting the game in offline mode isn't a workable solution long-term, buy if you just want to go 'speedy race cars go vroom' it might be a temporary solution.

One problem is that you need the online mode for a trophy :(

21 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

As far as i know you can't change it to online if you start the game offline.

Not sure about that, can't test right now. You could always jank the ethernet cable out of your PS5 or router, boot, plug back in. I'm not saying this works, but at least worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...