Never played - PS5 a good time to start?

Ya_Boy_James

I'm familiar with Warframe but never wound up playing it. The game's release on PS5 may be an arbitrary time to start, but on the other hand it made me think this game isn't going anywhere soon and could be worth new consideration. 

I'm curious what veteran players think of how Warframe has held up and grown. Would you recommend this game to would-be new players? Why / why not?

• Like 2

The user interface since the update a couple of years ago is non-intuitive and painful in menus, etc.. using a mouse emulation and a weird dual-stick required scrolling which is terrible and clearly not designed by a console user (it's part of the PC first interface consolidation update they did).. if you can get past this awful UI you should be okay.

In the actual game it's all good though and can be great fun :)

• Like 1

tl;dr get it, it’s worth your time and is very enjoyable

If you can get past the not so great tutorials your going to find a well designed, balanced and extra well made game that’s going to respect your time. Almost everything you do is going to benefit you, grinding out missions for resources will also yield you mods, xp, collectibles etc so it’s always going to be in your benefit at some point.

EVERYTHING apart from a few cosmetic items are behind a pay-wall but this is mostly user created content that’s voted in by the community. There’s also an ingame currency which “speeds up” some progression but isn’t required and you can even trade certain in-game items with other players for the premium currency.

The community in the game is one of the best for any game I’ve played. There is often always highly skilled people offering help or advice in chat. Even more focused help can be found in many of the clans. Even the developers are great there is so much input they take from the community it’s crazy! You can actually feel like your contributing to the development of the game.

• Like 1

Just to chime in, I got 100% in about 200 hours... And $5. I started in September this year and finished in October. It's very doable, even solo for 95% of it.

A few trophies will require some help, primarily the Eidolon one. I believe it would be possible to solo it, but the time investment required to do so would not be worth it unless you are extremely motivated. Similarly, some of the mods for the level 5 lich are better purchased from another player than farmed (that's where my $5 went).

• Like 1