Do Not Play This! (If you don't enjoy solitare)

Playzocker1988

I didn't know how to play Solitaire but I knew how to play its easier cousin Spider Solitaire. I literally just laid in bed one night messing with the game until I understood what was/wasn't allowed until I got it. 

Maybe you guys are getting too overwhelmed with the rules? I'd honestly suggest just chilling and slowly learning it by playing it. But I'm also someone who doesn't rush the platinum, so I don't mind taking a slower approach. The game is honestly a really cool experience (as in, Telling Lies, not Solitaire lmao). But yeah I don't think its too hard if you aren't trying to rush and get yourself frustrated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

I didn't know how to play Solitaire but I knew how to play its easier cousin Spider Solitaire. I literally just laid in bed one night messing with the game until I understood what was/wasn't allowed until I got it. 

Maybe you guys are getting too overwhelmed with the rules? I'd honestly suggest just chilling and slowly learning it by playing it. But I'm also someone who doesn't rush the platinum, so I don't mind taking a slower approach. The game is honestly a really cool experience (as in, Telling Lies, not Solitaire lmao). But yeah I don't think its too hard if you aren't trying to rush and get yourself frustrated. 

I spent one day on this ? so can’t say I’m rushing it’s way to confusing! I’m just clicking on every card now till it goes on top of the screen see if that works 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It is blowing my mind how people don't know solitaire. It's literally like someone complained about rock paper scissor, but maybe my 30 years of age are showing? 

For the kiddos: You have to stack all the colors on top going from aces to kings. 

On the bottom you lay out cards from highest (kings) to lowest (ace) alternating between black and red. You pull additional cards from deck on the left. It's just sorting cards with few rules, not that big of a deal lol

Also, if people are struggling so much you can double click on a card (or a bottom card from moveable stack) and the game will auto move those for you, you can mash to your hearts content and I'm sure some random sort will work out for you 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

It is blowing my mind how people don't know solitaire. It's literally like someone complained about rock paper scissor, but maybe my 30 years of age are showing? 

For the kiddos: You have to stack all the colors on top going from aces to kings. 

On the bottom you lay out cards from highest (kings) to lowest (ace) alternating between black and red. You pull additional cards from deck on the left. It's just sorting cards with few rules, not that big of a deal lol

Also, if people are struggling so much you can double click on a card (or a bottom card from moveable stack) and the game will auto move those for you, you can mash to your hearts content and I'm sure some random sort will work out for you 

Absolutely I agree, I can't wrap my head around some of these comments. Solitaire is probably the most simplistic card game in existence with the exception of "snap". 

• 1 month later...
On 2.12.2020 at 7:23 PM, Playzocker1988 said:

just a bit more info ... i have never played solitaire before in my life ... this made it incredibly frustrating to have to learn the rules of the game just for this. this sort of card games just isnt for me.

also ... one VERY IMPORTANT addition because some trophy guides leave that bit out:

as soon as you have the chance to upload DO SO!

you can continue where you left off and mop up the rest but if you complete all 169 videos and then upload, it will lock you out of the 170th

... another thing i had to learn the hard way

how this game got such a high completion is beyond me, i was close to throwing in the towel multiple times. this is the worst platinum i did in a while ... and i did 20 yesterday and over 10 today alone. but this was simply not enjoyable at all for me

this "40 minute platinum" as its sometimes labeled (and which is the reason why i played this in the first place) took me around 6 hours of agony and frustration.

I know im late but i just finished this game and have to agree that the game is not worth it. Most of the Clips are boring, you will probably be missing a Video at the end and will have to search all the words again, i got a bug where you couldnt press anything other than the top row but none of the apps so i had to reinstall the whole game and if you have never played solitaire good luck with winning a game of it.

On 2.12.2020 at 7:57 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Who the fuck hasn't played Solitaire before?

Me. First and foremost because I consider card games a solely analog thing

On 2.12.2020 at 5:36 PM, Playzocker1988 said:

whoever came up with the idea of the solitaire inclusion deserves everything geroge carlin talks about in one of his most famous bits.

For anyone wondering who George Carlin was and what this part refers to, here's a quote:

Here are some more people who ought to be smashed across the face repeatedly with a piece of heavy mining equipment: these grown men, *grown men* who refer to their fathers as "mah daddy". You hear a lot of this stupid shit in the South. These rebel assholes, you know? "Mah daddy", "mah daddy", "mah daddy". "Well, you know what mah daddy used to say? Mah daddy used to say, 'Blah-blebbeh-dah-blebbeh-dah-blah-blebbah-blah-dah-dah.'" "Oh, he did, did he? Well, wasn't that fucking enlightening!" My daddy used to say, "Fuck your daddy! Fuck your daddy in his wrinkled, rusted, rural country asshole!" Grow up, Billy Joe Carl Bob Danny Frank! You're not six anymore. More like nine.

Taken from:

On 9/9/2022 at 3:09 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Good Lord... this thread is an abomination. :facepalm:

Firstly - the game is very cool. It's a neat expansion of a pretty original concept pioneered by Barlow in Her Story, the acting is very well done, (very very well done by comparison to most FMV games,) and the level of care taken by the creators to manage to execute it - to ensure that a game like this, where, in theory, a player could easily "stumble" into the finale is pretty incredible. The script-writing must have been very well worked out, given that every word has to be chosen very carefully to allow for a legitimate "arc" of discovery to play out.

It won't be for everyone, (what game is?)... but to dismiss it as one of the thousands of cheap, easy plats on the site is reductive. 

Secondly - This is not some "Sub 1 Hour Platinum"... to any normal player 

There's something like 10 hours of raw footage in the game, and even despite the fact that no player would be expected to watch EVERY part of EVERY clip, anyone playing it as a GAME - and not as a trophy delivery device - will be watching at least 5 or 6 hours of it as they delve deeper into the mystery.

The fact that some clips are "boring" is exactly the point. The game is in determining what is important, and what isn't. If it was ALL important, the game wouldn't make any sense.

Thirdly - Solitaire is a fun little bonus addition - it's not a main part of the game. It's a side thing, added to make the in-game UI feel more fleshed out.

Get the trophy for it, or don't... but lets not pretend it's some integral part of the game. Telling someone to avoid Telling Lies because they might not like Solitaire, is like telling them to avoid Call of Duty: Black Ops if they don't like Zork, or avoid Final Fantasy VII if they don't like Snowboard Kids, or to avoid Quest of Dungeons because they don't like Snake. It's a side-bonus. That's it.

Fourthly - Solitaire is probably the most widely known card game in existence.

It has been included in every version of Windows since I was in short-pants, and has existed in physical capacity since time immemorial.

Anyone who - like the OP's PSNID would suggest - was born in 1988 - cannot possibly be expected not to at least have some passing familiarity with Solitaire... and if they don't, that is on them. How someone can boast 1331 platinums in various "games", yet not know one of the most simple and famous games in existence is, frankly, beyond me. 

Since this thread seems to be miscategorising this game as an "EzPz" - or misrepresenting it as some kind of Solitaire-heavy game, I'm going to link to my review of the game here:

(it's the last one in that batch.)

Anyone interested in reading what this game actually is, feel free.

This was incredibly well wrote, good job. 

And LOL @ 1331 platinums, etc .. Says a lot about some of these trophy hunters. Have no passion for gaming. They have turned what is supposed to be a joy into a weird flex of a chore that has no significance anywhere.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...