I accidentally killed Patches the Hyena! Am I screwed for the plat?

LethalLuke1993

When going for the Foe’s Ring, Patches the Hyena is one of the many kill requirements given to you by Mephistopheles once you kill Yurt and enter Pure Black Character Tendency. I was able to kill Ostrava of Boletaria early during the first encounter near the Thief Ring and still complete her quest as she just skipped over him, so I would assume it’d be the same scenario with Patches, but I can’t be for sure.

I’m also not certain if seeking forgiveness brings Patches back either, but it may be worth a shot; someone else might be able to tune in and answer that. If these options do not work, you’re looking at another NG cycle. 

Mephistopheles will Pat don't worry about thaht.

But yeah your character tendency may now be in black :(

You can still be in Pure White if you kill the 5 specials Black Phantom I think. If not try to help someone online it could solve your problem.

You won't need Patches for any of the rings, but in 4-2 he will kick you into the pit where Saint Urbain is located. I don't know if jumping down the pit by yourself will work or if it's going to kill you. If the latter happens you won't be able to rescue Saint Urbain and because of this you can't buy any miracles from him in that run of course.

8 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah that’s honestly the only real downside to killing him. At least you can find the ring in the Swamp of Sorrow (5-2).

The biggest downside to killing patches is not being able to buy Heavy Arrows off him anymore (If you use a bow and arrow at all). Nothing else he sells is worth buying tbh lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saint-Fall said:

You won't need Patches for any of the rings, but in 4-2 he will kick you into the pit where Saint Urbain is located. I don't know if jumping down the pit by yourself will work or if it's going to kill you. If the latter happens you won't be able to rescue Saint Urbain and because of this you can't buy any miracles from him in that run of course.

This was my main worry when I first researched if this would be a problem myself. 

Luckily I jumped down the hole and saved Urbain without dying. 

UMBASA!!