Scariest Game you've ever played = Anyone want to help me with a video idea I had for my channel?

siuilarun

I've never had the opportunity to play a scary game since Resident Evil 2 for Playstation.

I'm sure they've made scarier games since but, that was my only experience. Still pretty scary, though. I almost choked to death when the crows busted through the windows in the police station. Knowing how to give yourself the heimlich is something worth knowing.

from what i played or just saw then

Fatal Frame series. ( played them all except the ones on the wii ).

ghost vibration a ps2 game ( played it beat it 100% ).

silent hill 1 on ps1 and silent hill 3 ( played both but never beat any of them, my brother did ).

RE1 remakes on gamecube ( haven't played it ).

amnesia the dark descent ( haven't played it i just watch a let's play on youtube ).

F.E.A.R ( never got the chance to play it at all even now )

eternal darkness ( didn't played it i just saw a let's play on yourube )

splatterhouse 3.... before silent hill and fatal frame this was used to be the scariest 2D game to date, that scene where jennifer is started to turn in to a monster and looking at the screen is still sticking in to my head since childhood.

Kuon. ( played and beat it 100% )

siren series especially 2 and blood curse ( played all three games but never beat any of them ) 

Edited by yellowwindow7

I don't play too many horror survival games, so I don't know too many games that are actually scary. The only I ever played to actually make me jump was Condemned. So many jump scares :ninja:

And I have always known the Siren games were creepy as hell.

Edited by xWSPx420x

Sounds strange but Tomb Raider 1.

I had just got my first proper pair of headphones which were really good quality and I was wearing them to play the game.

There is a section where you are going up some steps and all of a sudden, I heard a mummy moaning but I couldn't see it.

It wasn't really a scary moment but did make me jump. Bearing in mind I was early teens at the time

• Like 1

When I think of scary games I can only think of games from pass gens mainly because I was younger at the time and the games scared much easier and almost made a mark in my head, for example I was scared of the zombies sounds in resident evil 1/2/3 and recently I replayed those games and somewhere in my head was attempting to make me scared? Because of the memories? Is hard to explain maybe someone who also experienced it can explain it better. However if you are only interested in current gen games I can't really think of any scary games, like a lot of people suggested Dead Space and although that's a good game I find it to be 'jumpy' game rather than a scary one and unfortunately for this gen at least jumpy is the new scary.

Pass gens - Silent Hill 3 (Or 1,2,4 I prefer 3 because Heather is a goddess) / Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (Best PS2 horror game imo) / Resident Evil 1 / Parasite Eve 2

Current gen - Siren: Blood Curse / Outlast (PC only)

• Like 2

what's your channel? mind if i subscribe?

Please do! There's a link to it in my signature, just beneath my trophy card, It just doesn't look like it, so here's one: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDKYko1iKjlCzxYNQhwYbw

And DatLoli, age definitely plays a huge role in it.

And just a reminder to all, in case anyone skipped the original post and just answered the question in the topic line, I'm doing this for a video and am assuming your answering as consent to quote you. If you'd rather I didn't for any reason, all you have to do is say so.

This is the best & most satisfying horror game I've ever played. a rare classic

Fatal_Frame_II_-_Crimson_Butterfly.jpg

playing this with DOLBY speakers on :ninja:

This is my pick too. Scared the living crap out of me.

They just dont do horror games like they used to:(

• Like 1

This is the best & most satisfying horror game I've ever played. a rare classic

Fatal_Frame_II_-_Crimson_Butterfly.jpg

playing this with DOLBY speakers on :ninja:

Definitely the game that scares me more than any other, however it was the first true horror game I played so i had absolutely no idea what I was getting into.

• Like 1

Siren Blood Curse definitely scared me on lots of occassions. 

Besides that, Yukie is so beautiful, yet so scary the moment you walk around the corned and see her standing there right in front of you

Yukie_2.jpg

Amnesia The Dark Descent can also be found on the top of my list, certainly enjoyed every minute of it.

I don't know what's wrong with the puzzles in that game though, or they are really hard, or the game scares me enough making me not want to look for the solution.. in the end I always ended up looking up the solution.

This is my pick too. Scared the living crap out of me.

They just dont do horror games like they used to:(

Definitely the game that scares me more than any other, however it was the first true horror game I played so i had absolutely no idea what I was getting into.

Just got done playing it & seriously it never failed to spook the crap out of me :ninja: it really scared me more than the last time I played this game. Only 2 things that are missing while playing this game are some pop corn & some drinks as this feels like a horror movie- the scariest even. The more i play this game, the scarier it gets. :ninja:

Edited by NightWing

I'm gonna throw my hat in and say Dead Space 2 on Hardcore difficulty. while I found the first Dead Space a bit scarier, playing the hardcore setting of 2 added an extra sense of survival in the survival horror genre. To play hardcore mode you have to have played the game once, so you know what is coming ahead. Now going into an area you know you might not have enough ammo/health to make it through or knowing that in certain parts screwing up will cause an insta death sequence, especially towards the end of the game at a certain point :shakefist: . But scraping by and surviving was probably the best part of the game.

Silent Hill

The most fucked up of the series. The industrial music with the clanking machinery really helps.

Silent Hill 2

I don't know what it is, but something about this game doesn't sit well with me.  :unsure: It takes a lot to scare me, but I'd say this is one game that truly disturbs me. It's just very dark and grim... and then there are scenes like the random scream in the apartments for example.

Resident Evil Gamecube remake

The Crimson Heads are what make me nervous and jumpy about this version. The fact that some doorknobs break and that you have low ammo doesn't help!!

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Only bad thing about this was Nemesis. That bastard made me very uneasy, although now he is predictable since people made walkthroughs and told you where to look out, but that bastard back then back when RE3 came out was fucking nightmare fuel since he would sprint towards your ass and burst through walls, windows etc..

Dino Crisis

I can confidently say that I've played this game enough to memorize just about everything and that I can maneuver enemies without much of a fight. But back when it came out I would constantly look for Plugs so I could open up those green, yellow and red Emergency boxes and steal everything inside, because you were lucky if you found any plugs or ammo at all. I remember sitting in Save Rooms for quite some time just trying to decide if I should create a Health Kit or a Poison Dart. The green raptors weren't that bad, but then later in the game came the pinkish ultra raptors and the big ass therizinos... :(

Dead Space 1 and 2

Nice and dark. One of the parts that really made me jump would be when I killed everyone and I'm stomping the corpses for extra supplies and I accidentally stomp an explosive baby or whatever and blow myself to bits.  :| And there is also the big, grey Necromorph that regenerates very fast that pursues you like a modern day Nemesis.

Castlevania 64

This is more of an adventure game than a survival horror game, but there were a lot of parts that creeped me out when I was little. One part that made me go NOPE as a kid was the hedgemaze with the 2 stone dogs and the Frankenstein with the chainsaw. After my first attempt I absolutely refused to play that game for years until I one day tested myself and beat it... rest of the game wasn't bad.

Siren: Blood Curse

Didn't really scare me, but it is definitely a game that people should play. Shibito > Zombies
  • Like 1

Resident 3 nemesis for sure. That game is the only game that I genuinely felt scared playing.

Most games like dead space just have a few jump moments which don't really make the whole experience scary, they just make me cautious.

Resident evil 3 on the other hand is a terrifying experience if you haven't played it before, or for a long time. Just not knowing when that bastard is going to pounce is more intimidating than anything I've ever played before or since.

Nemesis deserves a HD remake.