Scariest Game you've ever played = Anyone want to help me with a video idea I had for my channel?

siuilarun

I've been rolling over in my head what I want to do on my channel for Halloween day, and I thought I'd just relay other peoples opinions/experiences on/with the scariest video game they ever played as well as my own.

If you'd like (or at least tolerate) me to read yours in the vid, just post your answer here. As an example I'd read along the lines of "XxGenericGamerxX writes that what scared him most growing up was Generic Game on the Super Generic 64 because generic reasons."  with appropriate music from the game, the creepiest track available, playing in the background. maybe with video of the game itself, maybe not.

If you'd rather send me a video of you describing it yourself, that'd be cool, too. Just message me, I'll tell you where to send it.

If you do participate, feel free to be as descriptive as you want while explaining why that title was.

If I don't get enough answers in time, I'll post it on this thread that it isn't going to happen, otherwise I'll post the video on Halloween in it's own thread just like I do most of my reviews. I would appreciate serious answers... The more dramatic, the better. Humor is fine, too as long it's built on substance, but nothing like 'i R most scurred of Cookin Mama cause that bitch lookin like The GingerDead Man as voiced by Gary Busey.' I'll be trying to keep the tone dark in this video.

• Like 2

Drat I should have shoot my Ju-On on Wii, it's the scariest game I've ever played and despite the fact it was a really short game (4 levels) it's a creepy game that will scare the hell of you, especially if you're in the dark at night and of course alone ;).

Sorry though that I can't be of better help

For me the scariest game I've ever experienced was Silent Hill for Playstation 1. And I mean the first one, when the concept was still fresh.

Bought it straight after it's release, man was I in for a treat. And a few tricks.

Not so much of a jump-scare kinda game, just the overall foggy atmosphere was disturbing enough to soil my pants.

The crackling radio and the change of the town from misty nightmare to a hell on earth are still haunting my memories to this day.

Seriously, I couldn't play it much during night time or with lights off. I wasn't scared, I was horrified!

• Like 1

I haven't played a lot of horror games so I really can't say a freaky moment from Silent Hill or the older Resident Evil games. The scariest I would have to say is The Last of Us. There were parts where you would be outnumbered and left with little ammo leaving you to either get lucky and make with what you have or sneak around the infected. The worst part I remember was when you're alone in this flooded basement and you have to turn on a generator. I won't say what happens but it felt claustrophobic and extremely tense which is a great mix up in my opinion.

Edited by omegarevan
  • Like 1

The first time I played Fatal Frame 2 I was pretty scared. I jumped so many times.

This indie game called 'Which' scared me quite a few times. Damn headless chick following me around.

Amnesia the dark descent.........

Edited by LDKRyden

For me the scariest game I've ever experienced was Silent Hill for Playstation 1. And I mean the first one, when the concept was still fresh.

Bought it straight after it's release, man was I in for a treat. And a few tricks.

Not so much of a jump-scare kinda game, just the overall foggy atmosphere was disturbing enough to soil my pants.

The crackling radio and the change of the town from misty nightmare to a hell on earth are still haunting my memories to this day.

Seriously, I couldn't play it much during night time or with lights off. I wasn't scared, I was horrified!

Same for me. I played this game late at night with no lights on and the volume up. It was a truly terrifying experience for me

The original Dead Space scared the hell out of me. I loved it though. I played it in my basement with the lights off, and my headset on. In Dead Space 1 I just felt so isolated. I was just totally alone, I also had to wear a few layers of clothing because I'd consistently get chills...

• Like 1

I have never really played any super scary games, but a few have jump scares.

Dead Space 1 has some really good jump scare areas.

Metro 2033 had lots of them too, plus the whole game is very dark and going outside gets tense with all the monsters.

BioShock 1 has a few scary parts as well.

Dead Island can be scary if played alone, especially the jungle and prison levels.

You could always choose one of those shorter games, like Amnesia or Slender. But those have been done to death on YouTube.

I must be difficult to get scared as I have found no game that scary so far.. and I watched the entirely of Dead Space being played and it was like meh.

I'll just say I did have a few jump moments with the villagers from RE4.. since they were so unpredictable at times lol Wasn't scary though.. just sort of surprised me appearing out of no where like that.  I guess a couple of the later enemies would be scary.. if they weren't so damn slow.

• Like 2

I remembered another. While it's not technically a horror game, Resistance 2 did have quite a lot of moments that startled me. Namely whenever the Chameleon's would jump out at you and the only warning you got was the screen shaking from them stomping the ground. There were also parts where you were left alone to fight a Ravager which are really more intimidating rather than scary. One part I absolutely hated is when you're in a dark building in Chicago with Grim's jumping out at you in the dark. The Chimera themselves look freaky, so them jumping out at you isn't something you want. 

• Like 1

Silent Hill 1 for the PS1, my brother showed it to me when I was 8 and the crackling radio scared the shit out of me, I had nightmares for a couple of nights afterward.

More recently I'd say Bioshock 1 and Dark Souls, because I get quite jumpy when something's creepy and mostly just scare myself.

Shadow of the Colossus always triggers the flight response in me too because they're so huge, I don't get scared so much as just feel the need to run away.

• Like 1

I'm surprised to hear a lot of others with the same vote, but mine has to be Dead Space. It was just such a great game with the atmosphere, and unique enemies and everything about it really. You move forward a few inches and all of a sudden you hear something getting knocked off the table in the background, and it makes you not want to move forward anymore.

The second of the series was pretty good, but not as scary. However, they managed to still create some of that tension artificially with hardcore mode... you didn't want to trigger too many enemies at once for fear of dying and losing all your progress. Scary for different reasons in that case, but still effective.

• Like 1