Coastal Fish Not Spawning

jjmello23

Man this one was a pain. No real fix, but I would sometimes just fast travel back and forth between locations to reset everything. Once in a while fish will appear and I quickly fish as many as I can. You can try meditating too, that worked once for me but didn't work most other times.

Also PowerPyx's guide has pictures of suggested locations on his fishing guide. I followed going to those exact spots and had best luck that way. Sometimes I'd have to try again, but eventually I was able to score all the fish I needed.

Also look carefully when you scan for fish. I've had a few instances where like, only one or two fish spawned on the coast. I would fish them out anyways (and the last one I needed happened to be a solo spawn!)

People have recommended fishing around the mouths of rivers, but I had very little success with that beyond flatfish and cod. I found that immediately after fast traveling to a new location or exiting and re-entering the animus, fish would spawn for a brief period: sometimes only a second, sometimes long enough to fish up one or two. I managed to catch everything I needed by immediately pulling out my fishing line and praying, reloading the autosave if I was unsuccessful. Also, like @h4mx0r, the last fish I needed (bream) was a solo spawn at the recommended spot in the PowerPyx guide. Good luck!

• 1 month later...