Mystery Map [Feb 2021] [Win prizes] [Sign up Open during whole contest]

5 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

So, this is more of a quantity challenge this time. I do have a question as well. I know that DLC can count as games, but is the 100% based on total game completion or on a per DLC basis? For reference, I was looking at doing either LEGO DC Super-Vilains or Civ VI DLC are they have respectively 6 DLC packs. Would they count for 100 or 600 bonus points?

On per 100% per game. So in your example LEGO DC Super-Vilains would only be extra 100p.

42 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

3000 points! Wow! Let’s do our best. So any trophies earned count? Also if you start a new game?

Correct! But don't forget, any leftover platinum in your backlog is with a lot of points. ?

32 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Finished Mega Man 11 for Mission 1. So if I understand correctly any trophies I collect now, up to 3000 points counts towards Mission 2.

Yes, If/when you finish Mission 1, the trophies start towards your 3000p goal with the point system rarity described in the opening post.

Sorry for not making the Rules/setup clear enough. I hope this answer and my response above will make it clear. 
Always questions/thoughts that you never know poeople will ask. ?

• Like 2

@Stedde It's very clear now, thx ! ^^

Just a little thing about the end => If i got it right, mission 2 finish only when we reach 3000 pts ? So if next monday we don't already have the 3000pts, we are still in mission 2 and need to get those 3000 pts to being able to start mission 3 ?

Or it ends for everyone on next sunday 14 Feb UTC 22:00 ? (even if the 3000 points are not reached)

44 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

@Stedde It's very clear now, thx ! ^^

Just a little thing about the end => If i got it right, mission 2 finish only when we reach 3000 pts ? So if next monday we don't already have the 3000pts, we are still in mission 2 and need to get those 3000 pts to being able to start mission 3 ?

Or it ends for everyone on next sunday 14 Feb UTC 22:00 ? (even if the 3000 points are not reached)

Your first statement is correct.

As with every Mission it runs for you as long as you need.
So if you are not done when next Mission is released, just just continue with your current Mission until you can move on to the next one.

2 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

am i missing something with the points score, my numbers are not matching the examples? @Stedde

I assume that's because he uses the PSN rarity, not PSNProfiles. 

The challenge is way "easier" than it looks at first glance. 

2 Ratalaika games (0-100%) is all that you need, if you want to do it quickly... 

Also, in my case, the plat of AC4 alone is worth 598.8 points, since it's 0.4%, on PSN. 

Said that, I really will need to look into how I will get the remaining points keeping my count low, and not starting new games.. But first I need the 100% in AC4. 

@Stedde I’m not doing this challenge to be competitive, rather to Help motivate me to clear some backlog. 

That said, I have a question about this second mission. Since it’s using the rarity multiplier to determine when you hit 3000 (a total everyone must hit to complete the challenge), and bonus points are only given for finishing a title to 100%, doesn’t this challenge favor doing cheap platinums (eg Ratalaika games)?  You could do 2 full easy games and finish off an in work easy game to get 3300 points. Anyone doing difficult games, where the rarity is lower, would not be able to earn as many points on this mission. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

@Stedde I’m not doing this challenge to be competitive, rather to Help motivate me to clear some backlog. 

That said, I have a question about this second mission. Since it’s using the rarity multiplier to determine when you hit 3000 (a total everyone must hit to complete the challenge), and bonus points are only given for finishing a title to 100%, doesn’t this challenge favor doing cheap platinums (eg Ratalaika games)?  You could do 2 full easy games and finish off an in work easy game to get 3300 points. Anyone doing difficult games, where the rarity is lower, would not be able to earn as many points on this mission. 

I hear what you are saying DrEvilGuapo.
I did not think about the Ratalaika.

So since we are still early into the week I am making an executive decision and removing the 100p bonus points for getting 100% on a game on your journey to getting 3000 p.
Mission 2 is now an obstacle/challenge that you need to complete to unlock the next Mission where you can earn more individual points. ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stedde said:

I hear what you are saying DrEvilGuapo.
I did not think about the Ratalaika.

So since we are still early into the week I am making an executive decision and removing the 100p bonus points for getting 100% on a game on your journey to getting 3000 p.
Mission 2 is now an obstacle/challenge that you need to complete to unlock the next Mission where you can earn more individual points. 1f642.png

Love it !!!! -

You can also add the requirement to have the game already started at 1/100 min - allowing to work on real backlog games ??

1 hour ago, FilooGaroo said:

Love it !!!! -

You can also add the requirement to have the game already started at 1/100 min - allowing to work on real backlog games 1f642.png1f44d.png

Loool, not very fair bro, you have 800 games in your backlog ^^'

So you can easily choose a game in your backlog, it's not specially always easy for those having a higher % completion ;) 

I personnaly have games in my backlog, that i didnt even start yet X) (still some PS3 games to do from scratch >< )

• Like 1

I feel like that's a lot of points for someone who doesn't play very often, and that doesn't want to play cheap shovelware... but I'm not doing all the math, so I might be wrong heheh.

I'll try finishing the one I'm currently on (FFXIII minus the grinding) before starting anything else. I actually managed to get two trophies yesterday, shortly before Mission 2 was announced - do these count for the mission?

Edited by Eblait

1 hour ago, Eblait said:

I feel like that's a lot of points for someone who doesn't play very often, and that doesn't want to play cheap shovelware... but I'm not doing all the math, so I might be wrong heheh.

I'll try finishing the one I'm currently on (FFXIII minus the grinding) before starting anything else. I actually managed to get two trophies yesterday, before Mission 2 was announced - do these count for the mission?

I think you will be fine. Again, play at your own pace it will probably work out. 
Think about they "nice" clean backlog you will end up with. ?

Sorry, they don't. 

15 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Im just gonna play games and hope and assume I make it to 3000 points by week's end because this is confusing.

I will try to make I clear next time, but I think your approach sounds like a good one! ?
There will be updates so you can view you progress.

12 minutes ago, cazcomp said:

Stedde, are you having to go through every profile then check the dates of each trophy and the rarity and work it out one by one? Or is there some easier way to do those maths? 

No, I have a small system in place that do "everything". 

3 hours ago, FilooGaroo said:

Love it !!!! -

You can also add the requirement to have the game already started at 1/100 min - allowing to work on real backlog games 1f642.png1f44d.png

No! (that was exactly why I asked about this, since some of us may want to play something from scratch, in my case Danganronpa, and the answer was that it was ok to play whatever we feel like). 

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

I personnaly have games in my backlog, that i didnt even start yet X) (still some PS3 games to do from scratch >< )

Same here... I have probably over 180 games not started between ps3, ps4 and vita... 

35 minutes ago, cazcomp said:

Stedde, are you having to go through every profile then check the dates of each trophy and the rarity and work it out one by one? Or is there some easier way to do those maths? 

Good question.. He probably has access to some bot to gather the trophy info, otherwise it's extremely work intensive to gather the info (doing the math takes probably 1 minute with a properly setup spreadsheet). 

Edit: didn't realize that I took so long to write the reply ? 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

Loool, not very fair bro, you have 800 games in your backlog ^^'

So you can easily choose a game in your backlog, it's not specially always easy for those having a higher % completion ;) 

Lol i hear u i remove my reco lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Shadow of Mordor plat done, so week 2 should pick up from trophy #7870.

I'll see if I can talk my sister into beating Cat Quest later today, that should be some decent points... no idea after that. I'd kind of like to try and go back for Mordor's DLC, but that's a pretty big timesink for a pile of bronze.

I did Mordor DLC's at the end of 2020, and it's pretty fast ;) (only hard part are those 2 time challenges, but with low rarity % it can worth it ^^)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

I did Mordor DLC's at the end of 2020, and it's pretty fast ;) (only hard part are those 2 time challenges, but with low rarity % it can worth it ^^)

Good to hear, though time challenges will probably be a bit of a sticking point.  :P

Pretty bad for getting to 3,000 points when it'd be most of my gaming time all week (assuming the guides are right), though. I'll likely get to them in March, if nothing else. Thanks!

If someone really needs a way to keep track of their progress, use the spreadsheet in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caOAHyKWb5xMC-yHfZOPR1-LA8N_B-GtJf5Gy12RY8Q/edit?usp=sharing

That's my personal "stats file", that was essentially used to keep track of my PSNProfiles Total Completion stats (along with predicting the Total Completion drop for adding new games, as well as the points that I need to achieve my minimum ideal Total Completion)..

The first tab is for Total Completion stuff, second Tab is for this event points (formula is done up to line 100). In both cases introduce data on the gray cells, other cells with numbers and column E3 to E100 on the Points tab have formulas. 

Yes, it's 100% manual (no resources to do it in other "more convenient" way at my end).

I think that you can simply Duplicate it for your personal use.

On another news: I just platinum AC4.. I had planned to finish the DLC before getting the platinum, but the DLC is crashing every time that I'm trying to start it, so I decided to get the platinum to be safe... Probably will try it a few more times, but I will likely delete the game and redownload everything and try again..

I definitely need to finish this game NOW.. Will probably continue Flatout 4 while it downloads, since I have several quite rare trophies in there to be earned..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 3

To summarise and make it clearer for Mission 2:
1) Play any game you want
2) When you get 3000 p (based on the formula in the opening post) you are done with Mission 2.

There will be separate update for this progress, to help you see where you are.

Good Luck!

Here is an update for the Leaderboard between for 1-7 Feb:

6021b2d12b48233c6d5c3d9f_Screenshot%202021-02-08%20at%2022.53.09.png

Mystery Map

6021875973128dfad07a621b_Screenshot%202021-02-08%20at%2019.47.21.png

• Like 4