It seems risky to start Hitman 3 is that correct?

Boogie_Anderson

Hey guys. I ve been following every topic here since the release. I bought Hitman 3, used the carryover (which worked fine) and just crossed of every missing trophy from H1 and H2.  Now i really want to start H3. But seeing all those complains and glitches and everything makes me kinda nervous. Is doesnt look save or am i getting the wrong impression? Thanks ?

I’m playing it, and haven’t had any issues.

Not denying some people have, but I suspect that the silent majority are not having any problems and you aren’t hearing anything from them, whereas those unlucky folks who are having issues, you are hearing all of them.

I think it’s as safe as any recent release really. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nolanexpress08 said:

I'm going to hold off until the developers fix the online trophies for hitman 2. I'll do Hitman 1 though. They look really fun! 

There are no online trophies for the Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3.

There are 3 online trophies in main Hitman 2 game, all of which are working still AFAIK - people getting them today according to this site.

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

There are no online trophies for the Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3.

There are 3 online trophies in main Hitman 2 game, all of which are working still AFAIK - people getting them today according to this site.

Oh, I didn't know you can still earn them. I'll get on it!

• Like 1

It's not that bad if you follow some steps.  

1st  don't start hitman 3 until you transfer hitman 2 data if doing so

if you transfer hitman 2 data wait a full day before you play hitman 3 afterward.  probably don't need to wait that long but its better safe than sorry.  a lot of the glitching of trophies had to do with the fact people started playing the game before the transfer was 100% finished and having all the trophies from hitman 2 wasn't necessarily the indicator the process was finished.

2nd  save often  on new maps.  Every time you discover a new location or finish a challenge pop a save. It's quick and painless to do so.  plus having a lot of save gives you places to go back to to branch off and do different challenges for mastery.  So no big deal.  Pay attention to server disconnects and revert back to the most recent save if you get disconnected. 

A lot of these things seem to have gotten better and most every problem i encountered had to do with the initial data transfer.  If you follow the above steps it should be safe to play hitman 3.  Also keep in mind you can wipe your progress which i did have to do.  So you should finish everything you can on your first progression and if something messes up you can at the very end wipe progress and do the requirement for the trophy you're missing again.  Every problem I encountered was the 1st couple days the game came out and mostly related to data transfer.  

good luck and enjoy!  hitman trilogy is amazing!

Edited by steel6burgh
spelling
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

2nd  save often  on new maps.  Every time you discover a new location or finish a challenge pop a save. It's quick and painless to do so.  plus having a lot of save gives you places to go back to to branch off and do different challenges for mastery.  So no big deal.  Pay attention to server disconnects and revert back to the most recent save if you get disconnected. 

Agreed, although I would say to OP to be careful about saving. It can screw you over if you reload mid-mission. Guess it depends on your luck. 

Eg. Saved during Mendoza while doing the Sniper mission, after reloading no matter how many times I completed the mission it kept saying I failed. Doing it without saving and reloading allowed me to progress. Of course, this is a minor problem, but a more serious one is the shortcuts. 

In one mission, I saved, unlocked a shortcut, then had to reload that save right after. For some reason this made the challenge not pop but the door was still opened. Even though I now have 16/17 Shortcut challenges complete I don't have the trophy. 

So, to OP, TLDR: Brilliant game, but be careful with saving and reloading. Would still recommend you pick up the gane. 

9 hours ago, Boogie_Anderson said:

Hey guys. I ve been following every topic here since the release. I bought Hitman 3, used the carryover (which worked fine) and just crossed of every missing trophy from H1 and H2.  Now i really want to start H3. But seeing all those complains and glitches and everything makes me kinda nervous. Is doesnt look save or am i getting the wrong impression? Thanks 1f64f.png

you have to remember many people, especially if youtuers that report on theese glitches, use footage of other peoples glitches to try and raise awareness of them, but in truth it just makes people think the game is another fallout or cp2077 but they are in reality, nowhere near as bad.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

you have to remember many people, especially if youtuers that report on theese glitches, use footage of other peoples glitches to try and raise awareness of them, but in truth it just makes people think the game is another fallout or cp2077 but they are in reality, nowhere near as bad.

exactly right.

There are glitches, occasionally, of course. Personally, Ive played 30 hours, and I’ve seen 2 - a guard get caught on a strange corner of a wall after an explosion who then trid to correct himself and glitched up a floor (and, conveniently, out of eyeline of me!), and a row of floating washing machine drums where the actual machines were invisible. But hey... I’ve never been to China... maybe they have invisible washing machines there...?

Are they silly? Yes.

Are they game breaking? No.
Hilarious? Yup.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that Hitman 3, with all the other content imported and treated as a complete package, is almost certainly the best game on PS4, and at the moment, I’d imagine, the best game on PS5 also!

Certainly the most endlessly playable!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

brings up a good point.  guys this game is a incredible game and it is in better shape at release than 95% of AAA titles.  the only problem is the server disconnect issues and this problem with playing too soon after transferring data form hitman 2.  As far as the game is concerned it isn't buggy in the sense of something like Cyberpunk or Ghost Recon Breakpoint.  this game is tip of the sword so to speak in regards to quality.   We're talking about tracking issues for trophies and challenges that are a result of a bug that occurs by playing before save data transfer from hitman 2 is complete.  If you can transfer your data and be patient awhile before starting up hitman 3 more than likely you are going to have no issue at all.  Hitman games are above much of the industry in terms of quality and that doesn't change here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

It's not that bad if you follow some steps.  

1st  don't start hitman 3 until you transfer hitman 2 data if doing so

if you transfer hitman 2 data wait a full day before you play hitman 3 afterward.  probably don't need to wait that long but its better safe than sorry.  a lot of the glitching of trophies had to do with the fact people started playing the game before the transfer was 100% finished and having all the trophies from hitman 2 wasn't necessarily the indicator the process was finished.

A lot of these things seem to have gotten better and most every problem i encountered had to do with the initial data transfer.  If you follow the above steps it should be safe to play hitman 3.  Also keep in mind you can wipe your progress which i did have to do.  So you should finish everything you can on your first progression and if something messes up you can at the very end wipe progress and do the requirement for the trophy you're missing again.  Every problem I encountered was the 1st couple days the game came out and mostly related to data transfer.  

good luck and enjoy!  hitman trilogy is amazing!

Hmmm i see. Dont get me wrong, the Hitman trilogy is awesome and the fact that it s bugged sucks, but its not the end of the world. Please explain something to me though: if progress is saved online, how can using a manual save help? Wouldnt the game save anyway?

12 minutes ago, Boogie_Anderson said:

Hmmm i see. Dont get me wrong, the Hitman trilogy is awesome and the fact that it s bugged sucks, but its not the end of the world. Please explain something to me though: if progress is saved online, how can using a manual save help? Wouldnt the game save anyway?

I encountered some sort of problem where the game disconnected from the IOI servers and for whatever reason that play of the mission couldn't be completed. Every time i tried to finish the mission right before the result screen it said disconnected form server.  Long story shot I never got any credit for any of the challenge I completed that play through of the mission.  It did in fact save the progress to the servers and the locations were checked off server side and so forth but I never banked the xp.  Had i had a save I could have reverted back and finished the mission.  I did in fact have saves but they were all corrupted so to speak because they were all after these disconnect issues took place and i couldn't complete the mission with any of them.  Keep in mind I really have no idea what the hell happened it's just my recommendation to save often and revert back to save if you disconnect based on my expierence it could be completely unnecessary.   

I finished Dubai to 100% yesterday and everything worked out fine. I highly recommend that you wait with starting the game for the whole sync process. I synced the progress via IO Servers, all trophies from my previous Seasons popped, than I closed the game and waited a few hours ( had to go to work so it wasn't a big deal ) when I came home and started the game I had a push notification right at the start that the sync progress is finished. I started the game and as mentioned everything worked out fine. All weapons and the other stuff was unlocked as well, so perfect. 

So be a bit patient and everything is totally okay. :-) 

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

I finished Dubai to 100% yesterday and everything worked out fine. I highly recommend that you wait with starting the game for the whole sync process. I synced the progress via IO Servers, all trophies from my previous Seasons popped, than I closed the game and waited a few hours ( had to go to work so it wasn't a big deal ) when I came home and started the game I had a push notification right at the start that the sync progress is finished. I started the game and as mentioned everything worked out fine. All weapons and the other stuff was unlocked as well, so perfect. 

So be a bit patient and everything is totally okay. :-) 

Did that as well, a couple of days ago. Than cleaned up all the missing sniper releated trophies from H2. Since everything looks fine, i think i am going to start Dubai today.  

Still, thanks guys for building up my confidence ?

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I encountered some sort of problem where the game disconnected from the IOI servers and for whatever reason that play of the mission couldn't be completed. Every time i tried to finish the mission right before the result screen it said disconnected form server.  Long story shot I never got any credit for any of the challenge I completed that play through of the mission.  It did in fact save the progress to the servers and the locations were checked off server side and so forth but I never banked the xp.  Had i had a save I could have reverted back and finished the mission.  I did in fact have saves but they were all corrupted so to speak because they were all after these disconnect issues took place and i couldn't complete the mission with any of them.  Keep in mind I really have no idea what the hell happened it's just my recommendation to save often and revert back to save if you disconnect based on my expierence it could be completely unnecessary.   

Got it, thanks ?

17 minutes ago, nmagod said:

I'm in Berlin, and if I engage any agent while they are evacuating the game flat crashes.

I want my revenge, damnit.

damn - that doesn’t sound right. That sounds more like you need to delete and reinstall, as that certainly hasn’t happened to me, and I’ve definitely engaged them during evac.

Could be a bad install - hope that sorts it out for you, as Berlin is such a great map when it works - I promise!

16 hours ago, nmagod said:

I'm in Berlin, and if I engage any agent while they are evacuating the game flat crashes.

I want my revenge, damnit.

Finally someone else. Out of interest, were your steps any similar to the ones in the comment of the video linked at the bottom? I found this bug and was only able to activate it by following those very specific steps. I ran the map again after that, doing it differently and was able to kill Agent Rhodes during Evac. 

Maybe you can't kill him due to some weird steps? I know it sounds crazy that that'd impact it but doing this run the same way multiple times, on three different nights, resulted in crashes. 

Again, it could be completely random but my couple run throughs of the map showed this to be the case. 

Video: