DOA3 Advanced Start: Final checkpoint

Hi all, I’ve been playing DOA3’s advanced start mode trying to finish off the trophies for this game and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m stuck on the final part. If the bloodpool wasn’t bad enough this one is even worse, and I just cannot find a strategy that works. 

Firepower and Furious Feet are both good in their own right, but I’ve also found Divine Shield to be effective with 2 nukes and increased equipment timer (which is very good when you have boxing gloves). However, I just cannot find anything that can pull me past the final arena, not to mention the very limited amount of power ups you start with is not helping at all, especially when you have to defeat the margwa before you can even finish the rounds between that and the final fight.

Is anyone else struggling with this? I know it’s not impossible to do but it’s very difficult. Any help would be very appreciated!

• Like 2

Hi,

A lot of others have succeeded using advanced start on the final area so it can be done don't give up now!

The common strategy used is with the fate of firepower and furious feet (more so with firepower) players bob and weave as best as they can and use power ups such as vehicles, FPS, skeletons etc. to not lose any lives and go into the final round with at least 5. One player has reported getting FPS on every round AND vehicles to spawn. If done, the boss round will be easy if you train zombies as best as you can, damaging mama in the process and using your 5 deaths invincibility time to kill mama.

Hope this helps, and for the record I've managed to get to the boss twice not almost getting her down to 1/2 health and 1-2 lives.

• Like 1

The thing that makes dead ops difficult in my opinion is the lack of a strategy that works consistently. Sometimes you'll be lucky enough to get vehicles and great powerups that make rounds/levels a pushover, then other times you won't get much and it will seem impossible. Plus, the last round is made much more difficult by the fact you have to fight off an entire round worth of zombies before the mamaback even spawns, then more zombies spawn with her. It can be hard just to make it to the fight without giving up all of your lives and nukes first.

As someone who's still struggling with the last 4 stages, my recommendation would be to just keep attempting it, and you'll eventually hit a stride and find the proper combination of skill and luck to finally get through it.

Personally I used furious feet and mostly just bobed and weaved my trains. For Mathew in the beginning I just continued training and if I had a chance to hit him I hit him. I liked this cuz otherwise he would catch up and down me real fast and you can’t outrun mama back well without furious feet. After getting a good run against Mathew the rest was pretty straightforward IMO. Lots of room to train and FPS is a huge help IMO. I’ve seen videos not recommending the rocket launcher or disc power ups and I have to disagree. These worked fine for me as long as you have yourself enough room for your trains. The reason I died a lot during my runs was because I was trying to save my armory tokens. BIG MISTAKE. With furious feet you get two dashes at the beginning of each round. Use them if you have any inkling you are trapped and use the invincibility to plow through a wave. Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

So im on the last checkpoint now as well. I just tried it once because i have online class now. I didnt have any problems until now but what i read really screared me... Hope i have a ton of luck and finish this second try 1f605.png

It's not that bad now, I didn't know they added 5L/5B/4N instead the usual 3L/2B/1N, make the game way easier. I did 1 to 60 a month ago and recently conpleted it for my 850 plats. I did it first try and only died 2 times. Get firepower and practice training zombies, and when a first person view spawn go for it, once in it just run around the map and shot zombies. That's the easiest technique.

Edited by Kulzyc
  • Like 1

I did it today too. While furious feed wasn’t very effective for me, Firepower was my way-to-go.

The most important thing is, using your invincibility frames very well and learning to lure enemies effectively. 

Luckily I got FPS on Mamaback. That’s pretty much the strongest perk and I could shoot mama down in just one use of FPS.

I finished with 5 lives, so FPS wasn’t entirely necessary, but helped a lot. 

Still not gonna go for double platinum. Game stressed me to much. 

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 7:47 AM, OnlyCass said:

Seems they have stopped checkpoints in advanced start, got to 44, get sent back to 37 every time i try again ?‍♂️

Say it ain't so.. I was so burnt out trying to beat the final phase of this that I tabled it for another day (secretly hoping another patch would come along to make it even easier). Does it really take us back two phases now? Seems like an odd change to make.

15 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

Say it ain't so.. I was so burnt out trying to beat the final phase of this that I tabled it for another day (secretly hoping another patch would come along to make it even easier). Does it really take us back two phases now? Seems like an odd change to make.

EDIT: Progress is now saving again every 4 waves after latest patch ??

Ive been stuck being saved on wave 37 since i posted, no matter how far i get in advanced start it just wont save my progress ?‍♂️ i dont think its a change they made i think its a bug from the launch of season 4 when they updated things to do with dead ops, my tutor said bug fixing is like fighting a hydra, you fix 1 bug you create 2 more, i have posted a bug report and its been 3 days since trying to play so maybe they will/have sort it ?

Edited by OnlyCass
  • Like 1